Metro Reviews

Media Gallery for Metro

Metro

“Give it a Miss”

written by Helene123 on 22/05/2019

Having pointed out that one of their articles contained a factual error they refused to correct it. The member of staff I dealt with was rude and so ignorant. Although this is a free newspaper they still have to adhere to press standards. You can email them with any old nonsense and they just print it. The Metro is a means to advertise for free and promote lost causes.Not what most people would expect from a newspaper.

“For a free newspaper, I think it is great. Sometimes I...”

written by rupal2 on 27/04/2012

For a free newspaper, I think it is great. Sometimes I do get bored of reading some articles, as they have appeared in the Standard the evening before, but you can't complain when it's free. A morning commute needs a metro, especially when it takes you over 90 minutes to get to work, the Metro ends up being a lifesaver. The quality of the articles aren't bad, although you do come across some errors. Overall a good read first thing in the morning.

“I can't believe no-one has reviewed the Metro yet....”

written by Clair on 05/09/2006

I can't believe no-one has reviewed the Metro yet. This is the best thing ever, the daily news packaged up in easy to manage chunks. It requires no brain power, yet stills require more than The Sun.

Regular features include the page three which is an interesting/weird fact each day. The green room which contains dubious celebrity gossip, 60 seconds which is a quick interview with celebrity people of the day. My personal fav was the Pete Doherty interview, if you ever had your incarcerations he is normal, this quickly puts an end to that.

Another favourite of mine is the letters page which I always turn to first, it gives you a glimpse of what the public are thinking about and usually ends in debate. After that I will turn to Nemi and This Life which are properly that best two comic stripes in news paper print today.

Without forgetting what was David Wells's stars and now Wendy Bristow's Metro scope before finishing with the daily sudoko.

This truly is the best freebee this country has on offer, and I am only honoured that I have someone to bring it home to me each evening.