Transavia Reviews

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Transavia - Ask a question now

“Avoid Transavia unless you can't do otherwise”

written by Isla101 on 02/08/2019

We had a flight from Larnaca to Amsterdam, then from Amsterdam to Paris. Customer service was unable to inform us properly about the two flights. The flights and the baggage management were not properly coordinated. We missed the flight to Paris. They did not wan to refund even though it was their fault. Check-in and boarding were poor. Poor service on board too.

“La peor linea aerea que he usado!!”

written by 20Purcell on 07/10/2017

Las chicas en el mostrador de transavia (Octubre 4, 5:00pm/Schipol airport) no fueron sinceras y nos dijeron que la suma de todoas las pertenencias deberia sumar 10 kilos, sin embargo hoy en el check nos dijeron que solo la maleta debia pesar 10 kilos y tener el tamano adecuado. Por esta razon pagamos extra euros y no era necesario. Moraleja: Todo lo que te dicen no siempre es verdad

“Transavia and babies”

written by McKennawj68 on 22/08/2016

Transavia's babies policy sucks! they charge 20 euro one way, which is not that unusual for such low cost airline but let me tell you what you get in return. basicaly nothing but stress! baggage allowance 10kg - either a stroller, a bag or a car seat (you need to pick just one item). since most babies have a stroller or a carseat, you have no choice at all and all baby stuff you need to put somewhere else. secondly, Transavia does not have ANY PRIORITY bording for parents with babies! what the hell?! we were traveling with only one baby, but there was a lady with three kids (one baby and two little boys) waiting in the same line for boarding. Transavia are you kidding me?! have any of you babies policy-makers ever traveled with a baby? last but not least, when doing the online check in a person with the baby can choose only from a very limited number of seats. you think those seats are some special baby seats? no, the same seat like any other seat in the plane. oh yes, it's by the window, which is awesome if you need to walk with your baby a bit or you need to change it etc. so overally I'd give Transavia 0 points out of 10 for my experience with your babies policy.

“Sucks”

written by Keelyi451 on 14/05/2016

This company changed the day I was to fly and didn't give #### about me. Compensate is when you give something in return for the inconvenience you have caused them , what did you give me to compensate me being inconvenienced , nothing , NOTHING. You give me my money back , I asked to be put on a plane nearer to where I lived so I could make my trip ... Oh no way we have rules , we will take your money change your day of flight and if your not happy we will compensate you with a refund ??? That's not compensate giving me MY money back. The difference between my money back and compensating me a nearer flight was less than 17 euros , but you have rules . Companies like this don't last long RIP Transavia

“HORRIBLE AIRLINE! RIP OFF!”

written by doncleveland on 02/02/2015

DO NOT TRUST THIS AIRLINE, they will rip you off! Our family booked three tickets for a 9:45am departure. The next day they changed the departure time to 9:15am which will be impossible for us to make due to our previous flight connection. No refund. No apologies. Just a "screw you" is the attitude we get back. We purchased one thing and they provided something different. Its the classic bait and switch. DO NOT be lured by their teaser rates, you will be left stranded in a city without any hotel or flight compensation. Buyer beware!

“This airline is very poor”

written by 406O'Connell on 08/01/2015

The first time I went on this airline was hopefully my last. The seats were completely uncomfortable, and there was a terrible smell that made me want to throw up half of the time. I'd prefer EasyJet to this airline. I know that this airline is also infamous for delaying and cancelling flights and not compensating properly. The only time you should go on this airline is when you have a short flight or you dont care about your comfort on the flight.

“A happy helpful crew!”

written by on 27/09/2014

On a recent trip to Lourdes, France, we enjoyed the services of a very helpful and happy crew. The craft was clean, bright and cheerful and the space was quite good for a budget airline. The crew's uniform was stylish and pleasing to the eye. Greetings on entry and departure were personal and friendly. On the omission side, how lovely it would have been to enjoy a FREE beverage with a little cookie!!

“Their seat reservation is a hoax ”

written by on 01/03/2013

You pay extra to book a special seatreservation, but you don't get it at the incheck desk. When you cliam your extra payment, they say that they can put you in another seat up to 6 rows !! in front or behind the seat you reserved and therefore are not eligible for compensation !

“What is wrong with Transavia??”

written by jasmineder on 28/06/2012

It's a lot better than easyJet or Ryanair. The crew are at least properly trained and the service is very reliable. I don't understand why so many bad comments here..

“Very good airline”

written by on 28/06/2012

Recently flew from Rotterdam to Alicante with this airline : I was very impressed. The safety videos actually showed you people using the exits, i.e. chucking the over-wing windows out of the plane and using the slides etc. We were on-time (both sectors) and baggage and check-in were quick. Perfect.

“Transavia: They are not making English announcment...”

written by Banbas on 23/06/2011

Transavia: They are not making English announcment between Amsterdam-Dalaman (international) flight only in Dutch!!

Guest's Response to Banbas's Review

Written on: 26/06/2012

They are a dutch airline...

“We will never travel with Transavia again. During our...”

written by on 03/08/2010

We will never travel with Transavia again. During our holiday to Rome July 2010, both of our flights were delayed - from Copenhagen to Rome, and from Rome to Copenhagen.
Leaving from Copenhagen to Rome, the flight was delayed 5 hours. However, Transavia had decided that families with children could get on the flight to Naples (leaving at about the same time the Rome flight was scheduled to leave). We had a hotel room, so we did not mind waiting. But when we said that to the person at the check-in desk, he became very rude and said "what do you think this is? do you think you can just walk up here and decide for yourself where you want to go? Do you want to go Hawaii in stead?" I will NOT be treated like that by anyone! So we had to get on the flight to Naples - however, once we landed in Naples the aircrew could not figure out how many passenger were supposed to fly on to Rome. So they counted us - at least 5 times. And then when they could not get that right, they asked us all to get out of the plane and stand on the runway in the hot sun, to point out which suitcases belonged to us. And it was not enough for just one member of the family to stand on the runway - we all had to (and remember we were all the families with small children....) And then they counted us again - about 2-3 times. Finally we could get back in the plane and wait for the passengers leaving Naples to go to Copenhagen, to get on board. However, they had not been told about us who were on the plane waiting to Rome - and many of us had the same seatnumbers as the passengers getting on - so chaos emerged as passengers argued with each other about who's seat is was... All of this took about 2 hours, and we never got anything to eat or drink.
On the flight home, leaving Rome, the flight was 4 hours delayed. However, they started bording the plane 2 hours before the had announced they would. So everyone panicked and ran to the gate. But of course not everyone on the flight had seen the changes, so we ended up waiting for two hours on the plane in stead - not much fun with 2 small boys! And the only food we received for the 4 hour delay was a cup of coffe and a muffin (when it was lunchtime).

“This airlines sucks. I booked a flight from Izmir to...”

written by on 16/03/2010

This airlines sucks. I booked a flight from Izmir to Paris, as it was a direct flight and they cancelled this flight. They refunded me the full fare, as I had little time to book another flight, the return flight costed me 200 euros more. The customer services were useless, and did not provide me much sympathy or solution. I suspect they keep rerouting their flights based on ticket sales, to the most profitable flights, so there is a good chance that they will cancel the flights and just refund you the fare, with no other compensation, so you end up paying much much more for your trip. I would never ever book any flight with them again.

“Transavia is probably the worst airline I've flown...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Brumby on 09/07/2009

Transavia is probably the worst airline I've flown with. Cancelled flight from London to Rotterdam and lack of information, no compensation etc.

“no check-in online with Transavia , same price for...”

written by on 19/05/2009

no check-in online with Transavia , same price for baggage and small bags, on -board poor catering and driking offer, extremely tiny space on seats, un-adjustable seat, pre-recorded safety messages and some useless communication were played at a very loud volume and most of the passengers looked harassed by this

“If Transavia weren't the only ones flying to Alicante,...”

written by on 03/10/2008

If Transavia weren't the only ones flying to Alicante, I would never fly with them.

“For a low cost airline the flight was pretty much as...”

written by digifu on 16/10/2007

For a low cost airline the flight was pretty much as expected, although there was some delay leaving from Berlin.