First Mortgage UK Reviews

2.3

First Mortgage UK - Ask a question now

“Avoid”

written by MatthewOzdoba on 22/12/2022

This company is part bigger company MAB . They don't tell people the truth. Avoid

“Very good service ”

written by Iwonamaria71 on 06/12/2022

I am very happy with the service provided from Inverness.They made sure everything went smooth and updated me regularly on the progress of my mortgage application. I will certainly be using First Mortgage again in the future. Thank you again!

“Absolutely shocking!! Avoid”

written by Sean04 on 23/05/2017

Me and my girlfriend recently got approved for our mortgage. We were told by our 'advisor' on the 2nd off may that our application and everything was sent we were told on numerous occasions 'not to panic everything will be fine'. Now the broker has contacted us saying we are not eligible for this mortgage and that our advisor did not even send it until three weeks later!!!! So we were lied to and now out off pocket due to us having to pay property fees for the house to go back up for sale, even worse is we are not getting our house and we have ordered furniture etc. Shocking service and avoid at all costs!! Thanks for listening to my rant.

“Complete shambles ”

written by Bellapoops on 30/04/2016

Having approached first mortgage as I had seen a property I wanted to purchase. They were very helpful FULLY confident I would be excepted with having a very healthy wage. Went through the process of the usual checks etc, but due to being self employed with less than a years accounts my broker assured me I would still be accepted by the bank he approached, a week later I got the dreaded call I wasn't accepted. I frantically tried getting a mortgage else where but when I spoke to other brokers they were amazed that my broker even attempted to obtain a mortgage with less than one yrs accounts as most banks actually want 2 years. So I had to haggle with the seller if they would mind waiting a matter of a few weeks until end of tax year so I could get my accounts completed. So now I'm having to harass my accountant to get my accounts done. In the mean time all other aspects of the mortgage verification go through, I rush to get my ID verified. All this time my mortgage broker has not called me, or kept in touch with me, I've constantly had to call, chase him. I then get a call from my solicitor stating the seller can't wait no longer and has put the property back on the market. 1 week before my accounts are due to be handed over to my mortgage broker. But best of it my solicitior informed me the seller had put the property back on market. When I called my mortgage broker he informed me he was aware of this as he got told days before. BUT HE NEGLECTED TO INFORM ME. Absolute shame of a company, I would avoid at all costs. They purely push you through at any state they can because all they see is £££££ signs at the end of every completed mortgage sale. The stress this company caused me and others involved in getting my accounts etc completed was totally unnecessary. And to top it they will sell you the speech all our services are free of charge solicitiors included unless you take a mortgage BE WARNED THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE... I ended up being charged £200+ for solicitiors fees for a mortgage I ended up loosing... Go to your bank you may even get cash back. But avoid FIRST MORTGAGE..!!!!

“Great Company - Fantastic staff”

written by pgSnow1969 on 20/01/2015

I have used this Company on numerous occasions. They have always offered a professional, friendly service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and its all free advice :-) thanks guys its a pleasure doing business with you!!!!!

“Disappointing ”

written by Anonymous88 on 25/06/2013

I needed some help getting a mortgage and heard about firstmortgage, so proceeded to get in touch at the aberdeen branch and was very disappointed after our first and only meet. The employ i met with proceeded to email me telling me how i had left a bitter taste and wasted his time but I never said or agreed fully that i wanted to use first mortgage. I suggest unless you are very sure you want to follow through with them then dont go!! Extremely disappoint at the rudeness and how i was treated for deciding to not continue with the service. Good luck

Carolynsg's Response to Anonymous88's Review

Written on: 03/07/2013

This review is about FirstMortgage, rather than First Direct mortgages. First Direct (part of HSBC) do not have branches - all transactions are carried out remotely by phone, post or online.

I'd also add that on the few occasions I've telephoned First Direct, the staff have been great, and it's a relief to have the call answered by a real live human being within a couple of rings (cf BT and their endless menus).

I have therefore reported this review as it is inaccurate.