Vela Luka, Korcula, Croatia Divers Reviews

• Quality of Food

Vela Luka, Korcula, Croatia Divers - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vela Luka, Korcula, Croatia Divers

Vela Luka, Korcula, Croatia Divers

“Sub-par to say the least.”

Written on: 26/09/2012 by BigJoe (1 review written)

Think the title says it all. I was expecting to have a nice time diving in Croatia but unfortunately that wasnt to be the case. Below is a list of things that pi$$ed me off about this particular club. 1)Excessive amount of staff that didnt really seem to be doing anything. Some ppl may say that this is a good thing but their wages come from the cost of the dives. 2)Dives were expensive. 3)If you dont have ur own equipment, expect to get stung for that as well. 4)THE BEST ONE, NO REFUNDS for… Read Full Review

Helenthereef's Response to BigJoe's Review

Written on: 29/10/2012

I'm a working dive instructor in Fiji. No connection to this dive operation.
Most of these criticisms are about practices that are basic safety precautions - ie it's a GOOD thing to leave someone on the boat at all times and to ask divers to do check out dives before taking them to what sounds like a deep or challenging dive. Also dives are NOT limited by air consumption, but by limitations on time depending on depth reached.
This diver gives the impression of not really understanding what a safe dive operation requires.

Read 1 Comment

“I did my OWD and AOWD with Croatia Divers and have...”

Written on: 11/04/2010

I did my OWD and AOWD with Croatia Divers and have been going back every summer for 3 years now.

This centre is great! The staff do go that certain extra mile to make sure your diving is good and your stay enjoyable. All the instructors know their stuff inside out and make you feel like a part of the team :)

The diving sites are many, with two exceptional experiences:
The Blue Hole has deep and shallower entrances/exits with an inner cave at the back. The Cathedral a bit further out and… Read Full Review

“I've just retured from a fantastic diving holiday in...”

Written on: 24/08/2009 by Jess123 (1 review written)

I've just retured from a fantastic diving holiday in Vela Luka. I went diving with Croatia Divers who were very friendly and professional. The centre was always clean & tidy and the staff were always cheerful & happy to help. The dive sites were great, especially The Blue Hole! The briefings were excellent and covered all aspects. I was invited to a BBQ with the crew where the staff play guitars and sing all evening! One of the best nights I had out there!
I shall be returing next year… Read Full Review

“Just returned from 2 weeks in Vela Luka and we had a...”

Written on: 10/08/2009 by dpa99c (1 review written)

Just returned from 2 weeks in Vela Luka and we had a fantastic time. We will return! The dive center Croatia Divers - right next door to our hotel Posejdon - was very professional and their Instructors and Dive-masters are in one word great and so were the dives we have made during our stay. Crew was fantastic. It was a great atmosphere - very friendly but professional so I was never worried for the safety of my daughters while they were diving (like I was in Mexico). We were invited for a BBQ… Read Full Review

“I have dived in many parts of the world and I would...”

Written on: 15/07/2008 by valvelifter (1 review written)

I have dived in many parts of the world and I would rate this very highly. If you enjoy interesting topographical dives, the island of Korcula offers spectacular walls, overhangs and caves. The owners of Croatia Diving are very professional with a personal touch and safety is their first priority. The friendly staff were very helpful and well qualified, trained & supervised. I used mostly my own equipment but the centre was very well equipped and has recently purchased much new gear. The dive… Read Full Review

“I enjoyed my stay very much. Also after diving we had...”

Written on: 20/04/2008 by NielsH (1 review written)

I enjoyed my stay very much. Also after diving we had a good time with the Croatia Divers Crew as we joined them with diner in a Pizza restaurant and after that we had a couple of drinks. The dive sites are good, enough variation as this year June it will be my third year diving with them and I'm sure I haven't seen it all yet! My daughters will start her Junior Open water course with Croatia Divers as I know she is in very good hands… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We were on our honeymoon and had decided to do a bit...”

Written on: 25/09/2007 by roo649 (1 review written)

We were on our honeymoon and had decided to do a bit of diving as we were already divers. The owner seemed quite friendly but there was a lot of 'sales talk' - in fact he talked at us for a long time. We ended up doing an Advanced Diver's course, thinking this would be something new to add to our knowledge - which was fine.

When out on the boat they turned out to be less than the laid-back friendly personalities one normally associates with divers. While there is no doubt diving is a risky… Read Full Review

“The Croatia Divers dive centre is situated on the...”

Written on: 01/11/2006 by hsa90210 (1 review written)

The Croatia Divers dive centre is situated on the harbour exit of the beautiful Adriatic island of Korkula, Vela Luka. It is fabulous, and I will return.

The location is as quiet or as rowdy as you want. Not a resort (no Easyjet Alicante chav types here). The locals are friendly, and you have access to some of the most lovely parts of Croatia. A bus from the island (I know, there is a bridge...) takes you to Dubrovnik. Well worth a couple of days. Also, do not be afraid of the "sleepy bed"… Read Full Review