Morphy Richards 43550 Filter Rapide Reviews

Automatic shut-off: With Automatic Shut-Off
Boil-Dry Protection: With Boil-Dry Protection
Other
Warranty: 2 Years

“The Morphy Richards 43550 Filter Rapide boils fast and...”

Written on: 04/03/2009 by rusty nuts (1 review written)

The Morphy Richards 43550 Filter Rapide boils fast and is easy to clean. I would prefer to use this kettle more but having difficulty finding a stockist that sells new filters even argos didnt seem to have any… Read Full Review

“The Morphy Richards 43550 Filter Rapide Kettle has...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by Sparky Jim (2 reviews written)

The Morphy Richards 43550 Filter Rapide Kettle has been used in a busy Facilities Office Kitchen for the best part of 12 months now. Most kettles last about 4 months in our office, but this one makes the grade. In fact 4 of our Engineers, myself, and three secretarirs have bought them based on our experience here.

They could be a little cheaper as other models are noticably kinder on the pocket, I think something in the £20 region would improve the notability of the kettle dramatically.

As we… Read Full Review

Mikesatchwell's Response to Sparky Jim's Review

Written on: 01/08/2005

I have had two and the third is on the way from the manufacturer. The kettle appears to have design flaw in that when pouring hot water it tends to leak everywhere. Instructions for the kettle have been followed to the letter. My friend who purchased the kettle on my recommendation has the same problem.
<br>
<br>Despite notifying MR of the potential hazard all they are willing to do is send a new kettle. I would much prefer a refund. However, now that I have three (one brand new and still boxed), I might put them in a car boot sale, get my money back and buy another make.

Read 1 Comment

“This Morphy Richards 43550 filter rapide kettle is...”

Written on: 08/05/2004 by GooseMan (1 review written)

This Morphy Richards 43550 filter rapide kettle is without a doubt the worst ever. The build quality is just appalling. It will fall apart in under six months… Read Full Review

Siconnor's Response to GooseMan's Review

Written on: 14/06/2004

I agree with you. We bought one which began leaking lots within 3 months. Morphy Richards replaced it straight away but within 3 months it began leaking again. They now have none in stock but have provided us with a basic corded kettle and a water filter jug for the fridge. Excellent kettle for the first 3 months but I'd expect it to last a little longer!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“The Morphy Richards 43550 Rapide Kettle is a large and...”

Written on: 12/02/2004 by AFARQUHA (1 review written)

The Morphy Richards 43550 Rapide Kettle is a large and clumsy kettle, compared to the amount of water it actually boils. Not very easy to fill, and the worst pourer of any kettle I've ever owned - leaves puddles of water over the worktop every time I make a drink.
The filters don't last as long as a Brita, and are nowhere near as effective at preventing scummy tea. I'm going back to my Brita water jug, and writing this one off as a pricey mistake… Read Full Review