Saga Holidays Reviews

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by Noclaf61 (1 review written)

I have been going on holiday with Saga for many many years now. Up to two years ago there were very few problems contacting them to ask various questions. Since then it's an absolute nightmare. The problem is they allow their staff to work from home. The trouble is they don't. Answering the phone is alien to them. No matter how much you complain, Saga seem to ignore it. The CEO just seems content to pick up his salary and say what wonderful things they are going to do. Never mind about sorting out the problems they already have. I and many of my friends, many of whom we have met on Saga holidays are seriously thinking of going with other holiday companies. They do not deserve our custom anymore.

Gonedownthepub's Response to Noclaf61's Review

Written on: 21/09/2022

I am due to go to Puglia and on to Sicily early October, do not even have an airline we are going with as BA are not operating to there, had to find this out for myself. After 3 x 1.5 hour phone calls, facebook messages they cannot tell me what airline and airport now. I will never book with saga again. How are we supposed to sort out parking etc. We should be travelling in 2 weeks.

“worst ever holiday”

Written on: 17/07/2022 by grumpy89 (1 review written)

hotel in sicily dire. why anyone at saga would think run down, dirty hotel in 3rd world shanty town type area would be suitable for saga clients, is a mystery. noisy, unkempt, not suitable for those with mobility problems. food awful. inadequate air conditioning on excursion buses. client with dietary limitations not catered for. hotel not bothered. rep and hotel informed before we travelled. saga had no right to take my booking and money. never travelled with saga before and never again. no choice of when we could eat in evenings. ate out several times because food so awful. chef never appeared. cig. butts and trash everywhere. full length smashed mirror in one lift, unfitted carpet in another. hand sanitizers in public areas and men’s loo all empty. dirty outside tables, overflowing ashtrays, food spilt on ground, remained for days. other[ italian ] guests visiting for 1-2 days noisy and constantly smoking, no consideration and given preference over sun beds usage. pool area shower broken/missing tiles. never saw sun beds hosed down. difficult to get from pool area into hotel bedrooms areas. 2 kids play grounds and main road opposite hotel. traffic noise [unmuffled motor bikes exhausts] constant. uneven pavements/broken paving stones/unkempt/litter. fireworks frequently in early hours of morning. bed uncomfortable. duvets had no covers. saga contacted and not replied. truly lacking customer service. whole experience awful, waste of time and money and effort. how dare saga treat clients with such contempt?

“Customer service - That's a joke !!!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2022 by Gardnerwl384 (1 review written)

Booked a holiday with Saga and paid deposit. Unfortunately my husband has recently had a medical problem and has been advised not to go away . Trying to get through to Saga is a joke. Phones are not answered e- mails ignored. Fortunately have only paid deposit but full amount due soon. When eventually managed to speak to a "customer service agent" after many hours waiting on the phone and explained situation was told we would lose deposit and when asked if we could carry over deposit to a holiday next year was told NO. After having many previous Saga Holidays would doubt in we would ever book with them again as customer service and care seems almost non existent .

“Very Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 05/05/2022 by pattikadu (1 review written)

We booked a holiday with Saga and paid the advance. So far we have not received any confirmation mail even after 10 days. Trying to reach them over the phone is a total nightmare. Everyday day I was on the phone for an hour and forty-five minutes with out any success. On one Occassion I was on hold for nearly 4 !/2 hours. They told they will get back to me ASAP. No one has called me even after 36 hrs. We don't know how to proceed. It's supposed to be the holiday of a life time for us. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. I WON'T RECOMMEND SAGA TO ANY ONE.

“NEVER, EVER, EVER!”

Written on: 24/05/2021 by EmersonWaugh86 (1 review written)

I am shocked my the discrimination from this company. Totally ILLEGAL discrimination. They discriminate against me today, will it be you tomorrow?

Nessienel's Comment

Written on: 07/05/2022

How can your review be taken seriously, if you do not enlarge upon your review.

“Will not book again ”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by Perry281 (1 review written)

I have booked a few holidays with you, not anymore due to your new regulations with regards to having to have the vaccine. What about the people with alergies who are advised not to have the vaccine? What happened to democracy and human rights? Not everyone will want a vaccine. Bare in mind the vaccine does not stop you getting covid but having the vaccine could cause problems for many people in years to come. If you force people to do this you will lose business, you've certainly lost mine.

“Say no to vaccination ”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by Bellalice (1 review written)

Just reading your crazy idea to make covid vaccine mandatory to travel with SAGA. You need to read up on DISCRIMATION ACT -- have you any idea how many people are unable to take a vaccine or for personal reasons can't take one?? What happens if there are adverse reactions as it's a new vaccine mRNA never used in humans. Do your research .IF vaccinated people travel with you surely they are safe from the unvaccinated otherwise what is the point having it??? P!ease take this ridiculous idea off your advertising. Nearly as bad as Ryanair "jab and go"

“Coercing people to be a jab guinea pig ”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by Edithr1950 (1 review written)

Why is this company trying to make people have a vaccine to use their service when to start with it shouldn’t even be called a vaccine as it does not stop you catching or spreading the coronavirus I’m extremely vulnerable and due to this jab not being properly tested on people taking medications I won’t be having it which means I won’t be able to use this company I expect lots of people will take this stance there is plenty of better companies without crazy rules

Nessienel's Comment

Written on: 07/05/2022

Lots of other travel companies imposed the same ruling re. vaccinations and I was happy about it.

“Never use SAGA”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by CaraGriffith (1 review written)

They are discriminating many people due to their new policy of having to have a vaccination 14 days prior to your holiday. I think they seriously need to reconsider this truly discriminatory decision! Someone needs to be reminded of section 21 of the 2010 equality act. Absolutely disgraceful company!

“Saga against freedom and humanity”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by Kent268 (1 review written)

I will never use again in my life any service from them anymore. They are against the freedom and humanity. Do not recomend at all. I advised all people to avoid this company.

“Saga Vaccination mistake ”

Written on: 20/01/2021 by ReillyHernandez182 (1 review written)

Saga are planning to insist that all passengers have the Covid vaccination before travelling. They are not medically qualified to advise on treatments and should not be insist that customers have the vaccination. It’s unlikely they will accept any responsibility for customers who have an adverse affect to the vaccine or guarantee that they will have immunity from the covid virus. It’s irresponsible and I won’t be travelling with them in the future.

“Where's my holiday?”

Written on: 19/07/2020 by Helene123 (11 reviews written)

I have booked a holiday in October or thought I had. Now this holiday is not on Saga's website any more but my account page states that I need to pay the balance next week. This I will not be paying as it is not possible for a travel company to survive for over five months of cancellations. This is why, worldwide, travel just continued all year.

“Complaint Department ”

Written on: 14/05/2020 by Perezja460 (1 review written)

Having just been on a holiday to Nepal in February 2020 which was very good,unfortunately on the last day of the holiday my husband and 2 other guests at the Malla Hotel in Kathmandu all had a last meal of a chicken sandwich before our flight home,all 3 of them became very poorly on the flight home with sickness.When we got home we made a complaint to Saga holidays,the lady from the complaint department was not prepared to accept the fact that all 3 of them had taken ill due to the sandwich eaten and after 6 emails has just dismissed my complaint, her handling of the situation was rather disappointing,I am still waiting for a reply to another email I sent 3 weeks ago

“OMG! - Dire and disappointing.”

Written on: 10/10/2019 by timberry2 (2 reviews written)

Croatia Island Cruise - our first (and last) Saga holiday. Cabin booked was not ANTHING like that on ship website. Breakfast and lunch good, but wines the worst we have ever tasted on all inclusive, ever! Dinner = school dinners. Hot food on cold plates, rubbish wine and this evening - horror of horrors, synthesised lift car muzak, which drove everyone out of the dining room. It was (and is ‘til we escape) a dystopian vision of a care home at sea. I cannot tell you how much we regret booking. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

“Croatia North to South”

Written on: 22/07/2019

The worst holiday experience we have ever encountered. Starting off - could not trace our flights at Heathrow T5, not enough seating for us at some of the hotels, dreadful food and no gluten free meals at all on occasions, cancelled tours, badly planned route including a 12 hour day from hotel to hotel, hotel rooms double booked, Saga lounges that didn't exist. I'm still waiting for customer relations to reply to my email, the auto reply message says within 28 days but that hasn't happened.

“Disappointment from day one.”

Written on: 22/05/2019 by TonyTimeTraveller (1 review written)

Having arrived in Croatia we were dumped at the Airport with no rep to greet us apart from a coach driver who was trying to explain the coach would be about twenty minutes getting to us(actually about an hour due to a tropical storm they were having in Solani) The first hotel in our itinery was ok ish but if hotels are going to make rules about the other guests taking over the sunloungers from 0530 in the mornings then it would be a food idea to try to enforce them.The second hotel was better but the room my wife and I were given was like a poor relations room in a B & B in Blackpool only not as good. I didn't bother unpacking but went to reception to complain only to be told there were no rooms available but soon changed there minds when I told them I did reviews for Trip Adviser. Whatever you do don't get lumbered with Room M9 in the basement.This in no way takes anything away from Croatia itself beautiful scenery very friendly and our tour rep was as good as you could get.

“Disappointing to say the least”

Written on: 24/03/2019 by GRIZZ54 (1 review written)

Have just returned from "A Taste of the Deep South" and what a disappointment it was. There were so many changes to the itinerary of this holiday after booking that it didn't resemble the holiday we originally booked. Hotels were miles away from anywhere, coach journeys were so long, we arrived at our destination too late to do anything anyway. Our tour manager was less than satisfactory and, to top it all off, when we arrived back to Manchester there was no onward transport waiting for us! It hadn't been booked and we were left standing there for well over an hour while a poor taxi driver was scrambled from somewhere to ferry us home to Scotland. Appalling service. Have travelled with Saga before but will never do so again.

“Caucasus - trip cut short”

Written on: 01/03/2019 by Wilkinsongw1973 (1 review written)

I have booked on the Caucasus Calling, it is advertised as having a day one when you arrive, but as you do not arrive until well past midnight on day two, there is no day one. Similarly the return flights are advertised as 15.30pm on the last day so you can have a leisurely breakfast and a nice last day, however the return flights are now 5am, so you have to leave the hotel before breakfast. Such a disappointment

Anonmrx's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2019

“Seriously Sicily”

Written on: 10/07/2018

Noto. Hotel Grand Hotel Sofia. Too far from the village. Hotel food very poor. Evening waiting staff 3 in number very unhappy nag so rude. Palermo Hotel Garibaldi central hotel but noisy position 3 nights too long. Maxara del Vallo Hotel Mahara comfy rooms nice position. Town ever very small guided tour went on and on and on really nothing too see. Food menu the same as 1st hotel. 4 hours to last hotel in Giardina Naxos but Saga stretched it out with stops on those unfurl service stations. Why the last stop for a lunch was only 35 mins from the hotel why could we not eat lunch near the hotel there were plenty of places. Hotel Hellenia Yachting Hotel very comfy rooms very expensive drinks and guess what the same menu as the other 2 hotels Saga guests seem to have a different menu to other guests. Optional extra excursions are expensive and are only churches of different sizes. The chocolate factory was not worth a visit. Note local bus to Taomina is 3 euros return 20 mins travel time. Saga charge 10 times that amount. Unless you like seeing church after church give this tour a miss. Good point countryside is pretty but you only see from coach

Jeanette134's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2018

Totally agree! I must of been on that same holiday as you. Please don't bother folks if you want to be standing for long lengths of time in the heat listening to the same history but different guide. I think we must have visted at least 8-10 churches. 3 on the first day. The Cathedral is Spectacular but I question the opulence when the money could be spent on poorer souls. Food was awful in all hotels except Palermo as it wasn't included. Never been so glad to get home.

“Poor quality hotel ”

Written on: 23/03/2018 by Piercead372 (1 review written)

I booked a 2 week holiday to Madeira with Saga , staying at The Enotel Quinta do sol , February/ March 2018. The holiday was sold to me as Saga plus holiday which actually means you get a cheap glass of wine with your dinner and a cup of tea or coffee afterwards. The rooms that Saga provide allegedly over look a garden but which infact is a building site with considerable noise from dawn to dusk. The food is very mediocre and you are told what time you must eat dinner and the table you must sit at every evening. I did complain 2 days into the holiday which was not taken seriously but once I posted a negative revue on TripAdvisor, I was offered an alternative room over looking the sea and was told I could sit with friends. Talking to other people staying at the hotel I discovered that I had payed Saga considerably more than them for the same two weeks. Since returning I have written to Saga but the response I have received was very dismissive.