ebuyer Reviews - www.ebuyer.com

ebuyer www.ebuyer.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ebuyer www.ebuyer.com

ebuyer www.ebuyer.com
ebuyer www.ebuyer.com

“Post Sale Customer Service Experience”

Written on: 04/12/2017 by freelancegeek (1 review written)

I had a hard drive failure on a NAS drive bought from eBuyer (less than 12 months old). I contacted customer services and had a mediocre experience with the person I dealt with. - Poor communication of the process and what was going to happen - External warehouse used but again, no explanation The delivery attempt for the swap out failed due to DPD. The delivery driver rang my door bell and sprinted away, like the childhood game of "knock a door - run!" (Seen by my neighbours and… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to freelancegeek's Review

Written on: 06/12/2017

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about this!

Please can you email me directly with your order details so I can take a closer look?

Thanks,

“Are You Even Trying? ”

Written on: 27/11/2015 by TylerDuffy (1 review written)

I recently ordered a £75 item from eBuyer. On the site, it said that orders over £70 would be free. I even clicked the one it said WOULD ACTUALLY BE FREE. Was it free? No. It cost £12. I also ordered a few more pc parts on the same day, both of which got here last week. I'm still waiting for eBuyer to actually say that it's been dispatched. Then I found out they're using YODEL. Really? Yodel? Novatech and Amazon used parcelforce and DPD respectively. So, in conclusion, even if it seems like… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/11/2015

Hi,

The free delivery applies to orders over £49.99, it is over 5 working days and other restrictions may apply. We do offer a service where you can pay for next day delivery if required.

Please feel free to get in touch if there is anything else I can help you with.

Written on: 27/11/2015

Hi,

Please feel free to get in touch if there is anything else I can help you with.

Read 2 Comments

“Rude customer service on the phone”

Written on: 24/01/2015 by 355Loomis (1 review written)

I normally receive a decent service with fast delivery but when chasing a pre noon delivery today with customer services, I was made to feel like I shouldn't have been calling and the lady customer service agent in extremely was extremely rude with no courtesy towards me as a customer. I will shop elsewhere if I can find the right prices!… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/01/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave this review.

I'm sorry that you felt this way when calling up chasing a delivery. Please feel free to call me so I can take the order number and make sure that this is taken up as a training issue in the future.

Read 1 Comment

“DAMAGED TV DIGIHOME 50 inch LED TV”

Written on: 30/04/2014 by Sparksgy11 (1 review written)

I ordered a Digihome 50inch tv it arrived free delivery a few days later on unpacking the tv the tv stand was glass and smashed into thousand of pieces. I raised an e note because customer service was closed i received a fairly quick reply but i had already spoken to them via phone the next morning. I was offered a direct replacement and was given an RMA returns number and 4 days later the courier arrived this fell over the weekend so 4 days fair enough but they did not bring the i had waited… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/04/2014

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologise to you for any inconvenience caused as a result of this matter.

We take all feedback very serisouly and your comments in regards to this matter are greatly received and will be passed over to be reviewed further internally as we do not expect any of our items to be delivered to you in a damaged condition.

I understand the frustration this matter has caused to you and I apologise for the confusion caused in regards to our returns process as this should have been explained to you when you called us in regards to the damage to your item. I would like you to know that this will be passed across to the Customer Support Team Leader as we do not want you to feel you have had a negative experience with our company as a result of this matter and we do want this to be resolved as soon as possible for you.

I would like to offer you a resolution to this situation as I do not want you to be caused any further delays by this. If you could contact our team, we will be able to discuss this further with you.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

“Terrible warranty turnaroud”

Written on: 18/02/2014

I have been a customer of Ebuyer for many years. I recently purchased a high end graphics card from them which had an out of box failure. After researching on forums i established this "black screen" was a fault with this card. Now the real problems begin. I had to call first register the fault, then I get a returns number by email asking me to call them back. Then I have to explain the fault to a technician, he arranges collection a couple of days later...2 days after that i get an email… Read Full Review

Jonathan-C's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2014

Outcome of above: I have just been charged £10 by ebuyer as I wanted to get a refund. I will never use this website again! Very unhappy customer

Written on: 21/02/2014

Hello,

I would like to apologise to you on behalf of Ebuyer for the level of service you have received when returning a faulty product.

I would like see who it is you have spoken to and also arrange a resolution for the annoyance this matter has caused you. If you can please email me your RMA number, I can contact you directly to get this sorted.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Ebuyer.com

Read 2 Comments

“Faulty goods procedure faulty”

Written on: 12/11/2013 by Willand (5 reviews written)

I've bought lots of items from this company, whose prices are low and deliveries are quick, usually coming the next day in return for a small extra charge. Many of the reviewers give them full marks for service, with only a few reporting bad experiences, notably concerning delivery and after sales service. Regrettably, I am one of the latter. In March this year I bought a basic Acer computer from this company for use in our small family business, to replace a 10-year old Fujitsu that was… Read Full Review

Willand's Response to Willand's Review

Written on: 14/11/2013

As a footnote to the likely length of life of a hard drive, see the article in this week's PC Pro online 'How Long do Hard Drives Actually Last?' where the author reports that almost 75% used by cloud computing company Backblaze were still running after four years. These are ordinary consumer drives, not ones made specially for the job. They are running 24/7, as was the one in my Acer computer that failed. As a matter of interest, I also have two Dell computers, one ten years old and the other five, both of which are still running perfectly. Res ipsa loquitur!

Ebuyer.com's Response to Willand's Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced, with both the computer and when contacting our support team.

Please can you send me your order number so I can look into this and see where this is up to?

Thank you.

Willand's reply to Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2013

Thank you.

My order number was 19404824, invoice number 17753725, customer ref 7NP20119JD7139935, account number 542871, paid by PayPal Express Checkout on 18/3/2013.

Regards

Read 3 Comments

“Free Delivery is within 5 days, always the 5th day...”

Written on: 26/07/2013 by Morphic (1 review written)

They have competitive pricing and their website is good but don't be fooled by the free delivery being a normal within 5 days service. Most retailers state 5 days as a safety buffer, ebuyer use this as the day it will arrive. Every order I have made the item has been dispatched just in time to arrive on the very last day of the 5 working day guarantee. Why does it take 4 working days to pick something and dispatch it?? And yes the items were all in stock... I think they do it so people have to… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to Morphic's Review

Written on: 26/07/2013

Thank you for your comments on our prices and website.

I apologise we was unable to dispatch your item any sooner then for delivery on the 5th working day. We will always try to deliver our orders as quickly as possible, however if the warehouse is busy then this may be delivered towards the end of the estimated 5 working days.

I am sorry to hear you will not be shopping with Ebuyer again due to this.

Morphic's reply to Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2013

It seems your warehouse is busy a lot then! I think maybe you need to invest in your infrastructure. I am still waiting for the item (30-07) and the item was ordered on the 22-07. 8 days and now you have exceeded the 5 working day statement.

Jimblob2's Response to Morphic's Review

Written on: 29/07/2013

That's nothing I used their within 5 days but got my item on the eighth working day.

Some people say they order using with 5 days and get it next day. I also have found that with me they despatch the day before the 5th working day and then they usually despatch it on a next day delivery?!

It appears that they don't care about loyal long term customers.

Slinkykitten's reply to Jimblob2's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2013

I'm now into the 6th day and if it doesn't arrive today I will have to cancel the order - my son is leaving the country tomorrow hence I wanted delivery by yesterday! It doesn't help that they are impossible to contact by phone!

Read 4 Comments

“Great if all is 100%, absolutely appalling otherwise....”

Written on: 30/05/2013

I've used eBuyer for years, placing hundreds of thousands of pounds of orders through them over the years, usually without issue in my capacity as an IT Manager for a multinational. They provide a decent service, with (usually) quick delivery times, late despatch and good website information on the progress of an order. Where I have severe issues is with their attitude when you have a problem, where they essentially could not care less if they went on a "How to care less" course. Common sense… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/05/2013

I am contacting you from Ebuyer UK LTD, thank you for leaving us a review.

I am happy to see that you have used Ebuyer for a number of years without any issues. I would like to apologise for the attitude you have received from us, I can assure you the service you have received is not indicative of the usually high levels of service offered from Ebuyer.

In regards to your refund I am unable to check this without an order number, however, the only reason we would issue a proportionate refund would be if an item has been returned over 6 months and it is impossible to repair or replace. This is worked out over how much use you have had from the item. This is done in line with the Sale Of Goods Act anstated in our terms and conditions.

If you would like me to look into this for you further to double check this please contact me.

Once again, I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further assistance.

Hayley
Resolution Team

“Be warned”

Written on: 13/05/2013

Be warned this company use YODEL! and see what reviews they get! … Read Full Review

Written on: 14/05/2013

If you have any queries about the service we provide our Customer Support Team can be contacted Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm.

Dan.s's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2013

Yes I got an e-note telling me that the system is automated and no other courier can be used as I requested Royal Mail.

Read 2 Comments

“Very poor customer services”

Written on: 12/04/2013

Paid extra to have my tv delivered on the bank holiday weekend, waited in all day Saturday 13 while hours to not recurve my goods and not even any contact from ebuyer to inform me. Contacted customer services and all you get is a sorry, what a joke and also asked to be contacted by a manager to discuss the proble yet 2 weeks on still no contact. Product itself its brilliant shame the company customer services is so poor… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2013

Unfortunately I am unable to see the details of your order and delivery from the information on this review.

I would however like to apologise if we did not deliver your order on your selected delivery date and that you was advised you would be contacted by a manager and have not heard anything.

Your comments will be passed along to the relevant departments.

Dean1234567's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2013

Order number 19446126
55" Samsung tv £1200 with extra warranty. Delivery requested on the Saturday and wasn't received until the Tuesday because delivery supplier changed from yodel to parcel force due to size an weight, which surely you should already have the information about the item and failed to inform myself so I waited in from 8am to 9pm as yodel say they deliver until 9pm. I received a refund on delivery charge and a sorry but I don't really think that was still good enough and wanted some kind of compensation for wasting my day and your lack of customer service on such a big order.

Read 2 Comments

“Customer of 7 years has had enough.”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by JamesLW (9 reviews written)

I ordered a PSU yesterday to replace a dead one on a PC. Next day delivery. No tracking information was available this morning with raised an eyebrow. I phoned at 11am. 'oh no idea' the man responded - we will be in touch'. Phoned at 2pm, still no idea what happened, so I cancelled the order. Bought same item from Amazon - expecting delivery tomorrow. Next time I simply won't go back to eBuyer. Out of curiosity, I looked at my Enotes dating back to 2005. There were 9 enotes open about next… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to JamesLW's Review

Written on: 09/01/2013

I apologise for the delay in your delivery and for our Customer Support Team being unable to advise you further on the whereabouts of your order.

This will be passed along as a training issue to the relevant department.

In regards to your open enotes, not all of our enotes are closed after we have responded to them unless requested by the customer. If however your enotes are open and have been awaiting a response from us since 2005, please advise of your enote numbers and this can be looked into.

I am sorry to hear you will no longer be shopping with Ebuyer due to this.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team if you do require any future assistance.

Jameslw's reply to Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2013

You missed the point entirely.

Almost every time I have ordered since 2005 I have had to contact customer service about delivery.

Read 2 Comments

“Stock & delivery processes need major improvement”

Written on: 04/01/2013 by TWP1 (1 review written)

We ordered a printer. The order was acknowledged and the delivery date confirmed on a friday. It didn't turn up. We called close the end of business that friday to find out where it was and was told stock hadn't been assigned; we received assurances stock would be assigned before close of business that day and delivery would be made on Monday, after the weekend. By Tuesday still not turned up, checked tracking number only to find delivery had 'failed' on the previous Saturday (we are in… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to TWP1's Review

Written on: 07/01/2013

I sincerely apologise we were unable to deliver the item to you on the specified delivery date and for attempting to deliver the item to you on a Saturday when your business is closed.

I am pleased to hear Rhys has been able to recall the printer to Ebuyer and arrange delivery of a new printer to you.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are charged incorrectly for the amount of items you received or if you require any further assistance.

Read 1 Comment

“Good prices.... very one sided customer service”

Written on: 04/12/2012 by narratorben (1 review written)

I have used ebuyer several times to purchase PC components. I recently was unlucky enough to have a motherboard fail. Firstly ebuyer made me send in several photos of the board so they could assess it for returns. I had my original photos rejected as they didn't show the CPU socket in enough detail. This was a hassle as I had to borrow a better camera but I could understand why. I got some photos of the CPU socket and they accepted that it was undamaged. It then took them a whole week to tell… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to narratorben's Review

Written on: 05/12/2012

I would like to apologise for your faulty motherboard and for the problems you have had trying to return the item and receiving your refund.

I am sorry to hear you will no longer be using Ebuyer due to this, I hope this is now resolved and your refund is on the way.

Please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team if you have any further queries.

Narratorben's reply to Ebuyer.com's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2012

Thanks for the reply Nikki,

But I'm afraid my issue is with your terms and conditions and the fact that you have provided me with only a partial refund for goods that are faulty within warranty. This leaves me out of pocket as to get a working computer back I now have to add my own money. Your representative actually told me "it is like you're renting the goods from us". I think this is wrong as I purchased these goods in good faith and they still have over six months left on their warranty. I am very disappointed with this aspect of your customer service.

Everything else while an inconvenience is acceptable but as long as your terms and conditions continue to offer partial refunds for in warranty items I will not be using ebuyer.

It's just too much to risk if an item goes faulty.

Luckily in this case the item was relatively low value, I dread to think how out of pocket I would be if it was a larger item.

Read 2 Comments

“Do not pay for next day delivery”

Written on: 29/08/2012 by suheb (1 review written)

Do not pay for next day delivery as they will not deliver on time. Contacting customer service is next to useless as they have a 2 day response time. Ordering before 6pm was a failure never mind their promise of next day delivery until later. Their delivery window is 7am - 7 pm. That is useless unless you plan to stay in all day long for a delivery that may or may not arrive. Their prices are exactly the same as amazon or other companies. So you really are not getting any advantage. … Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to suheb's Review

Written on: 30/08/2012

I apologise we have not been able to deliver your order on your specified date. Unfortunately, I am unable to see the reason behind this from your review.

Our Customer Support Team can be contacted through the enote system, which are replied to within 48 hours, or over the phone. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm.

I hope you have now received your item and you are happy with your order.

Read 1 Comment

“Managing Director Ignores Legitimate Concerns ”

Written on: 28/07/2012 by surfing69 (4 reviews written)

I am partially deaf. I had a number of concerns about the enote system and customer service. As I failed to receive satisfactory answers OR no answers to these concerns via Enotes and email, I decided to use the 'Contact Managing Direct' online form. However I received NO reply despite a couple of reminders and 2 weeks of waiting. I managed to find the email address for the MD i.e. asanchez@ebuyer.com and decided to contact him directly. However I discovered that their server classified my… Read Full Review

“Lacklustre Service”

Written on: 02/07/2012

My pc arrived with a part missing. After informing the ebuyer team politely i was told they would source the part. I had to follow up the issue ; there was no attempt to contact me. The tone of the emails was stale and not helpful. I would not use EBuyer as my first port of call… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/07/2012

Please accept our apologies for the missing part of your PC and for the lack of contact after you informed us of this.

Your comments will be passed along as a training issue to prevent this happening in the future.

I am sorry to hear this has caused you to lose your confidence in Ebuyer, if you do have any further queries our Customer Support Team are always happy to help.

Read 1 Comment

“Was great but going down hill fast.”

Written on: 10/06/2012 by Micky238 (0 reviews written)

Have been using ebuyer for a long time (about 10 years) but my last few orders have really put me off and I don't think I will be using them again. Out of the last 3 orders I've had to RMA two of them as they were being dead on arrival and the returns process is very slow. Maybe they keep there prices low by accepting factory seconds or cheap out on product storage. Nice website, poor quality products, horrible returns process, shop elsewhere. … Read Full Review

“E-buyer - if you are a business customer 20%...”

Written on: 28/05/2012

Distance selling rules mean companies have to accept returns from non business individuals, but E-buyer have some small print which enables them to charge restocking fees of £20 or 20%, whichever is the greater to business purchasers. This in addition to the reasonable need to fund the return. You would think that if the business purchaser bought an alternative item from them they would waive that but no, not in my experience. Ebuyer go to great effort to attract new customers but do not in my… Read Full Review

“"Free delivery" is not for everyone”

Written on: 18/05/2012 by Scott22 (1 review written)

I have been a customer of Ebuyers for many years and found them to be a great company until recently. Unfortunately, they have decided to change their courier company and have eliminated the "free delivery" option on applicable items for certain postcode areas within the UK and left them with a limited choice of delivery options. Due to the increase in shipping, this makes buying from Ebuyer unfeasible now and there are numerous other retailers who can offer the same products for the same… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to Scott22's Review

Written on: 18/05/2012

I would like to apologise for the problems you have had placing an order with suitable delivery.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide free shipping to some postcode areas due to our couriers, as advised on the emails you have received.

You will always be advised of the delivery options available in the checkout before proceeding with your order.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Read 1 Comment

“Next Day Delivery Scam and Rude Staff!!!”

Written on: 04/05/2012 by Suzie_Review (1 review written)

I ordered an Asus EEE Pad Transformer Prime through eBuyer, I had done the usual shopping around online to make sure I got the best price and although eBuyer wern't the cheapest they were offering next day delivery (some sites were stating a four week wait!) so that combined with the reasonably good reviews prompted my decision. I paid £10 extra for the next day delivery (ordered yesterday, they promised it today) and the order went through before the 'cut off time'. Imagine my surprise when… Read Full Review

Ebuyer.com's Response to Suzie_Review's Review

Written on: 09/05/2012

I sincerely apologise for the problems you have had with this order and for the service you have received from our Customer Support Team, this will be passed along as a training issue.

Unfortunately the order is not finalised until we have received payment for the item, if there is any delay with the payment then this will also delay the order.

I am unable to see your order details from this review however I hope you have now received your item or a refund for the item.

I am sorry to hear this has caused Ebuyer to lose your custom, if you do have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.