Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde Sport Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde Sport - Ask a question now

“It took me a month find this car and it was well worth...”

written by madmacaw on 02/02/2010

It took me a month find this car and it was well worth the wait and travelling 300 miles.
It is incredibly comfortable, 7 speed auto box with flappy paddles, heated seats, all of the gadgets in the cabin that you could possibyly want.
The performance is outstanding, yet if you drive it sensibly you can get over 40mpg on a run.
The only downsides that I have discovered are snow - I shall be buying a setof chains, and very wet roads if you use a heavy right foot - it will wriggle.
A truly great car.

“Where do I begin? The Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde...”

written by Dark0 on 23/03/2009

Where do I begin? The Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde Sport is extremely fast,smooth,comfortable,solid,reliable,makes you smile every time you get in. Traded my Audi in for Merc 320 cdi Avantgarde (56reg).Car has 80,000 miles and looks and drives new.Thought my Audi was great,but this is in a different class in every way.
If you are considering one of these,go ahead RIGHT now and BUY (if you can find one}I travelled 200 miles for mine.
The 3.0diesel v6 with 7speed auto box is one of the best combinations money can buy(faultless}.Mine has tiptronic paddle shift,but to be honest,hardly use it.
Interior is superb,cabin has lots of toys etc,which looks a bit scary at first,but you will soon get used to all the dials and knobs.I could go on for hours about how great these cars are,but dont want to bore.
Five star rating,no question about it *****

“I have always bought new cars. Mostly 4 wheel drives....”

written by markmackie4 on 05/05/2008

I have always bought new cars. Mostly 4 wheel drives. I got fed up with the fuel bills I was paying, (22 mpg on my Cherokee grand), so thought I should try something different. I part exed the Cherokee for a 03 320 cdi. Wow... i am absolutely over the moon with this car. Can € t praise it enough. It drives fantastic, effortless in fact. The cabin is absolutely gorgeous. Makes me feel great every time I sit in it. Outside it looks great and the finish is unbelievable. The best bit! This engine is absolutely outstanding. End of. The pull is effortless and quiet. Mercedes are in a class of their own. This car does not fell like a diesel. If you are thinking of getting a 320 cdi, don € t hesitate. You will not regret it. Outstanding Mercedes.

“This is my 2nd Mercedes. I went from a 1994 1.8 petrol...”

written by rolypoly on 31/01/2008

This is my 2nd Mercedes. I went from a 1994 1.8 petrol 2 a 2006 Mercedes C320 CDi sport. It was the best choice and the best move I have ever made the best car I have ever had the pleasure in owing and driving. The style and comfort of this car is second 2 none it was money well spent its just gives me great pleasure in driving it.

“The performance of this car is second to none the...”

written by brianroly on 06/07/2007

The performance of this car is second to none the comfort and the power is to be desired. Overall the best car I've ever bought and certainly won't be the last Mercedes I will buy.

“My Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde Sport is my first Merc...”

written by gantanth on 28/10/2006

My Mercedes C320 CDi Avantgarde Sport is my first Merc after four BMW 3 series. The 3.0 litre V6 in this car gives performance car ability, it's certainly faster than a 330Ci driven, mid range punch is devastating and all very smooth through the 7 speed autobox, which can be used to change through and held in the lower 6 gears if needed. Just need to treat it with respect in the wet, even with ESP, the tail will twitch if too much power is applied. On the move it sounds like a petrol six, it's only at idle that an off-beat rumble is heard but inside you could not tell really what fuel was being used. I have seen over 40mpg on gentle runs, but this drops to below 30mpg if pushing on through town traffic, overall so far it's around the 31mpg mark, but still excellent given my driving style and compared to say the C350 which is slower mid range. The Advantgrade trim has most things but I miss the parking sensors from my BMW days, otherwise have not looked back. The sports pack adds some great looking wide alloys, sports interior and handling on par with my last 325Ci. Build quality is excellent, the car oozes class and the standard stereo is as good as the Hardon Karmon costing £650 more in the BMWs. This car is a joy to drive fast or slow, it looks good, is cheap to fuel for what it is and will really surprise your passengers when you hit the open road. Unless you have a performance car, I don't think much will touch it, it's also very quiet and comfortable on a long journey. I'm converted!

Pmr 6's Response to gantanth's Review

Written on: 27/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...
<br/> yes ive just bought a c320 cdi sport and i am very pleased with comfort and perfomance after leaviing a e320cdi
<br/>