TTT Moneycorp Foreign Exchange Reviews - www.moneycorp.com

• Speed of service

TTT Moneycorp Foreign Exchange www.moneycorp.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for TTT Moneycorp Foreign Exchange www.moneycorp.com

TTT Moneycorp Foreign Exchange www.moneycorp.com

“Excellent service from Head of dealing”

Written on: 24/08/2022 by Thanks6adam (1 review written)

Having transferred our significant funds out to Canada 8 years ago and transferring back again to U.K with the same individual at Moneycorp. We have to express our gratitude and confidence with the outstanding help from Moneycorps Head of dealing on both occasions. Unfortunately we are asked not to mention names here but you know who you are AJ. We would not hesitate to recommend your thoroughly professional services. Thank you

“Took my money but didn't place my order!”

Written on: 31/07/2015 by 1712 (1 review written)

Do not use their online travel money service. They will take your money then fail to process your order. They're nice enough when you phone them to find out why but then tell you they can't do anything about it because of their 'systems' or it happened because of a communication 'error'. Made no attempt to resolve the problem and said I could order again later .... as if I would trust them with any further business! I really feel like I've been robbed.

“Failed to deliver. Didn't contact me.”

Written on: 16/07/2015 by HunterLove (1 review written)

I ordered currency for next day delivery. By 3pm the next day I had heard nothing so I phoned to check the status of the order. The operator said, sorry but they'd had a problem and wouldn't be able to deliver the money for another 2 days which would be after I'd gone abroad so had to cancel and refund the transaction and go with a last minute and more expensive conversion. Arranging to deliver money is not exactly a difficult problem, and failing to notify me that they couldn't deliver as promised is inexcusable.

“Excellent service and rates”

Written on: 10/07/2015 by Wagner96 (1 review written)

I ordered my currency on a Thursday afternoon it was delivered the next morning, great exchange rate good mixture of notes 10s 20s and 50s, I ill definitely use again thank you

“Inefficient, expensive, convoluted.”

Written on: 14/06/2015 by Kirai463 (1 review written)

My experience of MoneyCorp was poor. The website is very badly laid out, where it should and could be very simple. Transfers are called 'deals' but there exists another tab called 'transfers', so what do you think anyone interested in transferring anything is going to click? The process itself is unnecessarily complicated involving more than one call to the processing team and conflicting information on how long it takes. I found this inconsistent and unreliable and I took my business elsewhere.

“Questionable”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by ShawnCahill (1 review written)

Just tried to purchase £1ks worth of euros online, got to the card verification section from my bank, it looked strange very small compared to usual tried two times putting the correct sequence of numbers in, the second time it asked for a different 3 digits of the password - it should ask you for the same 3 sequence. Withdrew my purchase as I don't trust the site will pay a little more and use Royal Mail

“Great Service if you never transfer money ”

Written on: 04/06/2015 by Archer58 (1 review written)

I phone money corp to find out how to transfer money and the person on the phone was very helpful and help me setup my account and when he realise I was not very condifient he told me to ring them and they would assist me once I had log on. When I log on I rang them and they help me through the process in a very helpful and polite manner. They made the process so easy and I would definately use them again. I also check the rate that they gave me using comparison site and it was very close to the best rate

“Staff attitude”

Written on: 28/04/2015

Will never touch them again on principle. Asian chap at the desk airside of terminal 3 clearly has a issues. He just sat there ignoring me and then eventually snatched the money and counted it out. He seemed to have an issue with the fact that I was returning the cash I had purchased earlier and was muttering to himself. He then very aggressively asked me how much money there was. I just took it back and asked him his name. He said, do what you want, I don't care. He then said, stop swearing at me. I replied, I have not sworn at you and this was the truth. He again, aggressively repeated this loudly. I replied, I have not sworn at you, but listen, go .... yourself... So there it is...

“Fantastic service!”

Written on: 17/02/2015 by debs611 (1 review written)

Ordered yesterday and arrived today. No postage charges for over £500 orders and a fantastic exchange rate beating all of the High Street banks and travel agencies near me. I was nervous as it was my first time but I would use this company again. The website was easy to use and with a couple of clicks all was sorted. Your service was impeccable, thank you Moneycorp.

“Very poor rates on Money transfers”

Written on: 07/12/2014 by 183Keegan (1 review written)

What has happened to Moneycorp. I have used them for years to transfer money to my sons in America. Recently when I have wanted to transfer money, the exchange rates have been significantly lower that their foreign cash purchase price (3 cents for each pound today)

“Swallowed my card”

Written on: 24/09/2014 by carterm (1 review written)

Arrived back at Gatwick 23/9 @ 19.50 desperately needing an ATM, Went through the procedure to ask for cash, everything seemed to be OK until my card should have been returned, Which didn't happen, The screen said your transaction is timed out, No money no card, When I asked the Lady at the desk next to the machine what I should do,( I can't do anything, I don't have a key, contact the company by E-mail,) there's a number of ATM's at Gatwick and no one to help, what a poor system, There should be someone to assist, I can't understand why this should happen, I will not use a Moneycorp ATM machine again. Barclay's came to my rescue, a new card delivered next morning. M C @ Shanklin

“Don't Use A Moneycorp ATM - Your Card Will Not Be Returned”

Written on: 13/09/2014

It Saturday afternoon, and I have just attempted to withdraw cash Moneycorp's ATM in Exhibition Road, London SW7. The machine took the card, processed the transaction, and failed to deliver the money or return the card! I have tried to contact Moneycorp to return my card. Moneycorp's website does not provide an out of hours customer service number to call, and their London office is closed. As I am travelling, the loss of my card is a serious inconvenience. Thank you Moneycorp for ruining my day!

“their ATM's charged me, no money released !!! :( £300...”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by Gadinceanu (1 review written)

I was going to Valencia to visit my little nephew that turned 2 and i figured because I had time to wonder around the airport i will and so I did. I saw this red ATM issuing euros and I was thinking it's probably good idea to take some out and I went to use it and tried to take 300 euros. The transaction wasn't successful and it didn't issue any receipt or money. I tried once more at another one and the same problem but the system of the ATM actually went on to reset itself, again no receipt and no money. Don't use this ATM'S this company should be closed. I am hoping the bank can sort this... if not i am taking them to court...

Magwhi14's Response to Gadinceanu's Review

Written on: 19/09/2014

Hi, the same thing happened to me just yesterday! Did you sort it out and if so how? I have contacted my bank and also sent an email to us.

Sammersammer's reply to Magwhi14's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2014

Hi
It also happened to me and I am looking for evidences to take moneycorp to court.
How far have you gone please?

Regards

Sam

Read 2 Comments

“No small notes”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by unkown121 (1 review written)

I had read there website stating they would give you small notes to help with paying for Taxi's and tips ect on arrival at your destination. But all got was large denomitaion notes no good what so every at the airport when your arrive. As for customer service I was told take it or leave it. Would not recommend.

“Ripoff exchange rate”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by Huckbody (1 review written)

Changed GBP to Euro in Bristol airport, they gave me a 1:1.02 rate, whilst the official rate is 1:1.2!!!! That is a 20% ripoff rate! outrageous

“Changing currency fail”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Crowleypu405 (1 review written)

Ordered £1000 worth of Thai baht and the money was taken out straight away however apparently I failed some security checks. They tried to call me but I had no voicemails from them. They could not tell me what I had failed on either and had to send proof of ID and address. Sent my bank statement and passport but my passport didn't show all four corners and they wanted the full page of my bank statement - why is the full page needed if it's only to prove my address?! Cancelled the order, don't have time to rescan my passport and another £1600 order from another company has arrived on my doorstep with no problems. Stay away.

“ATM took all details and options but failed to deliver...”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by PDBPDB (1 review written)

Shaftsbury Avenue ATM took all details and options but failed to deliver money and gave no explanation. It transpired machine had run out of notes, machine should be programmed to show this and confirm that no transaction took place on requested receipt. Staff in office most unhelpful, Rear of machine showed that trays were empty but would not put a note on the machine showing this. Told to go to my bank to confirm that transaction did not happen, I should have to go to this trouble.

“Very confusing user interface and processes, good tel...”

Written on: 12/06/2014

It started few months ago when I tried to register for a business account. I was asked numerous of questions and to provide supportive documents such as bank statements etc. for account opening. They still would not open one and come back with more questions often repeating themselves. I got to a point of being really frustrated and gave up. I decided to give a another try a couple of months later with another rep. Got my forms, sent back signed, went through validation. First time I try to log in there is a system error stating I should try again later. I retried again and got another error stating my account could not be created and should contact support. MC support couldn't figure out what was wrong and you could hear frustration at the other end of the line with statements that it should work. Eventually, they found and fixed a glitch on their side. I was finally able to log in. My first attempt to convert currency failed. The calculator in Tools didn't work givig me NaaN.NaaN for any type of conversion I was trying to make. Then, created a "Deal". The screen shows you two boxes with currencies and values to type. Each has a button that changes from Sell to Buy when clicked and vice-versa. I found it very confusing as I wasn't sure what button labels are actually indicating - it's a sell or buy, am I buying or selling currency in left or right boxes. It didn't work the first time anyway. There was another problem in my account that fortunately was resolved really quick. Obviously, I created two incorrect deals by testing what the boxes would actually do. Then, I added some funds to my account via bank transfer. Money arrived on the same day although did not get converted into currency chosen in my deal when checked next day. I had to give them a ring and ask a rep to do it manually. Summary: I think the system is very unstable and confusing. I believe there is some issues going on with their back-end. The front-end user facing interface could be improved a lot. I was forced to use another service which is double the transaction fee but it was a pleasure to use and worked beautifully throughout the whole process (there was not even one moment when I didn't know what is happening). With Moenycorp it's a lot of guessing. Sine am doing one transfer a month I'll probably go back to the more expensive platform. For a £9 (£4 extra) is probably well worth it and won't cover time spent dealing with Moenycorp to get your money transferred abroad.

“Do not use for Forex transfers”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by Alayna494 (1 review written)

I set up an account to have proceeds from a property sale transferred from Ireland € to UK £. According to Moneycorp because the sender didn't provide a reference number, they could not allocate the funds to my personal account. Despite providing loads of proof and pdf documentation about the transfer, they demanded a headed notepaper letter from my solicitor stating the funds were sent to me with the specific reference number they require. Totally unhelpful. Sales try to tell you it is all a painless exercise and then customer services told me it was in the 'terms and conditions' of the contract. Not the way to reassure or talk to a customer regarding a transfer involving thousands of pounds and I feel they are only too happy to create extra loops so it can sit in their general account for longer. I feel the favourable reviews on other sites about this company must be rigged as reviewcentre reviews and my own personal experience do not reflect this. I would recommend people to do more research and stay well away from them.

“fast, easy, perfect ”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by gillip (2 reviews written)

fantastic i would highly recommend, ordered my foreign currency on Sunday arrived Tuesday morning... all mixed notes as requested and a exchange great rate.. perfect transaction thank you