IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk

2.6
  • Speed of transfer

IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for IWEB Share Dealing www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk

“Sound platform, but foreign exchange fees way too high”

written by Cannon154 on 22/02/2024

Very good platform for investing and trading. HOWEVER, as I trade mainly in foreign stocks and shares the 1.5% foreign exchange commission really hurts every time I trade - the low trading fee looks good, but the paying this amount of fees for foreign shares I find over the top - because of this, and this is the only reason, I am now looking for other trading platforms with lower foreign exchange rates. Pity. Most trading platforms have either no or very low annual fees and a trading fee of around £10. However, "TRADING 212" for example charges 0.15% foreign exchange fees, a tenth of what iWEB Share Dealing charges, and they still seem to make money?! I assume big bank Lloyds in the background rears its head and tries to get as much as possible of its customers' money.....simply because the foreign exchange fees are -at first sight when comparing trading platforms- not as obvious. To demonstrate with numbers: if I were to buy £10k of US shares, the foreign exchange fees charged are £150 !! ....and the same again, once I sell the shares. Any "annual fees" or slightly higher trading fees other platforms charge are miniscule compared to the 1.5% foreign exchange fees. And to finish this off: Lloyds / Halifax's other trading platform AJ Bell only charges a maximum of 0.75% foreign exchange fees, getting less if the order becomes larger. So it can be done!

“IWeb Share Dealing: Poor ISA Transfer & No accountbility”

written by ivSloan486 on 29/11/2018

We (myself and my wife) use Iweb share dealing for its lower transaction fee. Though it has agreed to transfer our Self Select ISAs from Interactive Investor, it took unusually long time, was incomplete and we being penalised in connection with corporate actions. Once agreed to transfer, instead it chasing Interactive Investor for complete transfer of the account, we were forced to check again and again about transfer of some shares and cash and remind them. The customer service girls tellsq that it is our responsibility rather than Iweb's responsibility to deal with the problems, and if you try to put a complaint they straight away tell you they will take your complaint however it will be invalid. Thus they act as police and judge, an unsatisfactory way to deal.

“vanilla all around - but nice and cheap, and reliable”

written by Jingleman on 25/04/2018

A good basic service. The main issue is that not all ETFs that you read about in the media are available via the iweb platform. Neither are the staff motivated to suggest alternatives. Worse, I had been investing in one ETF that reduced in value; I tried to buy more shares but iweb had suspended that particular security. I had a problem with some poor service from an incompetent operator but I complained and the manager reviewed the recording of the phone call and paid me a small sum in compensation. It is run by the Halifax so you have the reliability of a strong brand behind the offer. Taking these issues on the chin, I am happy with the service that I get for a very low cost. High charges can really have a bad effect on your wealth. Hurry now and save pounds.

“Great Value - very efficient”

written by on 27/02/2018

I opened an account last year, and the switch from my previous broker was a little painful. I was also worried about the mixed reviews.... But now the account is up and running, it is super efficient and cheap. I love the low cost dealing and dividend reinvestment. Corporate actions are handled efficiently. It is a basic service, but very good value.

“Incorrect information from the company without solutions. ”

written by Mrs.Legrand on 22/01/2018

I have called iWeb in December to sell my shares, While I was in the process I asked if I could transfer it to my husband instead. The person on the phone said yes. This information was incorrect the shares went out to my husband account and came back to me in a month period -WITHOUT ANY INFORMATION OR NOTE FROM IWEB- . I have ended without the possibility of selling my shares because of their unprofessional staff. The Iweb company does not have the correct knowledge how to deal with the new legislation and they were not able to train their staff accordingly. They recognise their mistake but are still not willing to give me a favorable solution for the problem they caused. iWeb have my stocks and I can not make any use of them (sell or buy). It might be a cheap company but it is expensive as they are unprofessional and not interested in getting a solution to their clietns. Do not invest with iWeb. I strongly recommend to use any our company.

“Great value stockbroker”

written by jezaustin on 08/01/2018

Been with IWEB about 18 years. Great value for money. I hold a stocks and shares ISA with Hargreaves Landson and it is not cheap to buy shares unless you are a frequent trader. I recommended IWEB to one of my friends because he does not trade often so he needs a basic, reasonably priced share trading platform. I have not bought any funds yet but I can see IWEB has a good range.

“I-Web Staff - Incompetent and/or Careless ”

written by JuliusRobertson on 02/11/2017

I can only report on the aspect of transferring all my and my wife's investment funds from the Fidelity platform to I-Web - simply to avoid having having to pay the 0.2% annual charge for holding my investments with Fidelity, which is nearly £500 pa in my case (I rarely trade once I buy into a fund). I started the transfer requests for us on the 22nd August 2017, and as of the 2/11/2017 the process has not completed, with over 25% of our funds still sitting with Fidelity. The whole process has revealed the backroom staff at I-Web to be either careless or incompetent. They mislay, lose or ignore correspondence, they pass on conflicting advice and information, they send out letters with no information as to what issue it is relating to, they send out letters that when pressed admit should never have been sent out, members of the transfer team contradict each other, when pressed they suddenly locate correspondence which they claim they never received, they have to be chased continually to complete the simplest of tasks etc, etc, etc. During this shambles we have raised two complaints which they have closed following paying out small financial compensations. So hopefully after over TEN WEEKS and 75% of our funds migrated, we are approaching the the end of moving our investments to the I-Web platform. But I am beginning to wonder if the likely savings will have been worth all the hassle we have been involved in dealing with the shambolic I-Webs backroom staff and processes. Be Warned!

“IWEB TRADING EXPERIENCE”

written by Hewitt133 on 14/03/2017

I have been using IWEB Share Dealing as my main broker since I started trading. They maybe don't have access to every market but for price and customer service this is the way to go. I recommend it to anyone who wants an easy to use and reasonably priced service.

“I guess it depends”

written by MadelineMcCracken107 on 04/02/2017

I've always had good experience over the years with iWeb using both isa and sharedealing accounts. Easy online administration and positive chat experience. They were particularly good re some transfers. The few times I've had to telephone they have been helpful. From the reviews not all account holders have had such good experiences. I'm surprised.

“good service”

written by robindeakin on 08/11/2016

been using iweb and its older sister halifax sharedealing since they both started and have accumulated enough for my early retirement, never had a single problem with any one of my thousands of deals in its day halifax sharedealing was 12pounds to buy and 12pounds to sell, we thought that was good with iweb you can deal at a 5pounds per deal so you can play the market at a cheaper rate ive always invested for the long term and only sell part of my shares its worked for me

“Don't touch with a bargepole”

written by 231Jenkins on 09/09/2016

I have to agree with the other reviewers who say the service is dreadful. I recently placed an order to buy some shares with credit in my account. iWeb failed to execute the order saying there was insufficient credit in the account. It turned out they were looking at the wrong account. When I pointed this out they denied it and said the complaint was closed. It certainly wasn't closed from my perspective and I will take the matter up with the Financial Ombudsman. And yes I will look round for an alternative provider. They may charge lots rates for some trades but you get what you pay for... Don't touch them with a barge pole!

Mrs.legrand's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2018

Having a bad experience similar to yours, The only thing the staff are training for is to close the complains before giving any solutions.

I have to tell them 3 times not to close the complain during a conversation. Still awaiting for a solution.

“Incompetent and I've used them for over 15 years!”

written by veMcCleary190 on 21/04/2016

Its going to be time for me to close down all my portfolios and move away from this company. This was a company that prided itself on customer service and was reasonably innovative. Now I find myself dealing with factually incorrect responses all the time and rude and surly staff who continually contradict one another. This division of Halifax is tanking and these guys are steering the ship onto the rocks. Get your money out of this company run my incompetent fools now. They were cheap for execution but if you're losing money because their systems do not work or one of their new policies means. Expect them to lie and cheat to hide their mistakes. In continual contact with the Financial Conduct Authority over their practice right now.

“Never had a problem. Fast, simple and reliable”

written by MakennaMacKenzie251 on 18/04/2016

Reading the reviews for this site I am gobsmaked how poor IWEB have been portrayed. I've been a member for 9 years and never had a problem buying or selling shares. I mainly stick to FTSE100 companies and buy and sell shares in the same company regularly. I've had periods where I've not touched the account for months/years and haven't had to pay an inactivity fee. I also buy and sell regularly and have money transferred in out and out with no problems. I would definitely recommend this site for share dealing on the UK markets. What its like on other markets I can't comment upon, but if like me you want to buy short term and make a quick buck then IWEB would be as good as any other similar site

“Avoid”

written by Churchys287 on 20/11/2015

Used them for several years. Online trading in shares is fine. Little to go wrong. But where human involvement is required, I've increasingly found they're often not competent. It has the feel of public sector bureaucracy and inefficiency. Just some examples: several funds they offer can't be bought online due to some glitch. So you have to trade by phone. And they never get round to fixing the glitch let alone indicating the timescale. And they've taken forever to effect a transfer from another provider of my fund. No explanation for their service failure. No resolution. My gut feeling is they lack enough staff to provide a decent service. I've read people complaining about interactive investor (iii) taking ages to issue dividend tax certificates. It's that sort of inefficiency which plagues iweb. I'd leave tomorrow but for the high transfer out fees. Now they've introduced a £200 account opening fee for new customers, go elsewhere. Whether or not their fee structure works out cheaper for you depends on your investment profile. But it's an example of pay peanuts and get a monkey.

“Get what you pay for”

written by beDuggan330 on 09/09/2015

iWeb add up to two days to the settlement period. The asset's stated settlement begins up to two days after dealing date at iWeb. This means when you sell an asset that has a four day settlement period first thing Friday morning, you might not see the cash in your account until the Monday of the week _after_ next. That's 10 (ten) calendar days. Ridiculously long. During which of course iWeb are skimming the interest from their thousands of account holders. This was all confirmed by their customer services, but is not backed up by their T&C's so I'm escalating this nonsense to the financial ombudsman.

“First class service”

written by jhnplmr on 18/08/2015

I have been using this service for many years now, long before they charged a joining fee. I have never had any problems with obtaining an instant quote and they stick to the agreed price. It is easy to check your account and you can have dividends paid into either your IWeb account or straight into your bank. They email you if any notifications are received from the companies you have invested in and are prompt in any follow up required. I was amazed to find all these negative comments, my experience over many years has been very positive and I can't recommend them highly enough.

“Terrible”

written by imst805 on 17/07/2015

I would say avoid at all costs! I've only been with them for about a year. You will never get the price you want. At crucial times it either gives you a poor price or goes to negotiated order. You will lose a lot of money with these people as I have. I've just about had enough of them. They're cheap for a reason.

“Transfers unbelievably slow - locked account when we moved”

written by on 15/06/2015

My wife and I both opened accounts here to transfer our ISAs last year. As were planning to move overseas, I called and confirmed specifically that we would have no problem operating the account with a foreign address. Then, when I advised them of an address change, they froze the account, of course this was after they demanded the 25 quid opening fee. My wife simply cashed out her account, likewise after a 25 opening fee. I elected to transfer to another broker with no such weirdness, but this has been ongoing for month. My broker, AJ Bell, confirmed that the transfer has been sent, and subsequently chased. iWeb seems to have transferred my shares (in one company, charging me for this) but is still holding the cash. More than 3 months have passed. Now I've received a letter, essentially saying that they are at some point going to transfer my funds, and charge another 25 quid. Steer clear.

Reviewerexuk's Comment

Written on: 15/06/2015

should say "this has been ongoing on for months." I've transferred multiple pension and cash ISAs over the years--never has that taken more then a month. iWeb has one fund and cash...what is difficult here?

“Forced to sell at 20% below market”

written by Kierra89 on 07/05/2015

I was using this site for a month or so and encountered issue that my trading partner hasn't had in years, on a different site! For example, iweb didn't give me an automated selling price for 20% of my shares! Which means that I can only opt for a negotiating order, that I have to take without seeing the actual selling price, which proved to be 25% lower than the trading price on that day (that remained unchanged)!!!! Iweb said NT price is beyond their control! Really...? Who did cash the 25% difference then...? And how on Earth they have no control over how their own site works???? Am I trusting my savings to a site which has no control over the most elementary actions which happen on it, e.g. buying and selling...????

“worst of the worst”

written by on 16/04/2015

I applied for a share dealing account in March 2015 and couldn't get it activated over a month and eventually account was closed instead of solving my issue and dealing with my complaint. First of all, they ask you to send original identity card e.g. Passport, Driving license another original proof of address which is not clearly stated in their letter for identity verification. I sent them an original bank statement and my foreign passport copy and received another letter asking me for a UK or EEA passport. Second time I sent my driving license copy and checked that still the account was not activated. I gave them a call and was told that my driving license copy need to be certified by a solicitor which baffled me. It is not the first time I am opening a share dealing account and I didn't have such issue with HL, TDS and Equinity in the past, all of them activated my account online instantly. I decided to open an account with Iweb to try them and steer away from HL's high share dealing costs, but given how they handle even an account opening I am now scared how can manage share brokerage. My advice is look for alternatives and don't think of cutting corners.

Asked by elise102 on 18th February 2018 Report this content
I held a stocks and shares ISA with TD direct and the company have been taken over by interactive investor and they have raised the fees and changed the terms, so I am looking for a new company, with reasonable fees. Do iWeb have or offer a virtual account I can trial trading with? Also, with my existing account I am used to conducting 'live'trades using real-time share prices, can iWeb offer this. On the website it only shows 15min delayed share prices. Some days I will buy, sell and buy again in one day as my funds currently leave and arrive in my ISA account instantly. Can iWeb do this, or do they 'sit' on funds following a transaction? iWeb dont have a email to ask questions and I cant access their online chat without and account, they only offer 0345 phone number. If they offered an app too Id find that useful? If anyone can recommend a company for me who have had good customer relations. I will be happy to check them out and do my own research to see if they offer what im looking for

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site