Next Sofa Reviews

Next Sofa - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Next Sofa

Next Sofa

“Stamford Corner sofa”

Written on: 28/12/2020 by Patm61 (1 review written)

So, back in September Of this year (2020) we ordered the Modular Stamford Sofa In the size and colour we wanted. We paid my next directory account and was advised at the time of ordering that it would be about 15 weeks. We were okay with that as we had to have some walls plastered, then decorate and get a new carpet. The 15 weeks was up on 26/12/20 and as we had not heard anything I gave them a call to find out what the situation was. I was advised that my corner sofa had arrived at the… Read Full Review

“Next customer service”

Written on: 22/12/2020 by ikRussoItalian63 (1 review written)

I was in the Next store in Enfield and saw a sofa I wanted... I had been looking for a long time, and thought this was perfect! I needed to speak to someone in delivery to make sure it would fit through my doorway. The girl working there gave me a number to call. I later went home and called the number, only to be transferred to 3 different people. By the time I got to the 3rd person, he said he would have someone call me back; this was about a 1.5 hour call. No one called me back so I called… Read Full Review

“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 29/10/2020 by Hazel1940 (1 review written)

I'm writing this review because I received exceptional customer service when I called to have a sofa returned. I firstly spoke with a lovely young lady who was very helpful and polite and a credit to next customer service team. I had to call again the following day to make another change and spoke with a salesman from the Doncaster office. And I have to say he was the nicest most helpful professional customer service advisor I have ever dealt with and worked efficiently to sort out the issues… Read Full Review

“Next Sofas - Not what they were”

Written on: 19/10/2020 by KristinSimmons440 (1 review written)

On the back of friends who had had good quality sofas from Next years ago we went ahead and bought two from the Osborne range. One extra large (4-seater) and a cuddle sized arm chair. They cost around £2,300. We're not impressed. Have had them for a year now but after just a few months of normal wear the backs folded in on themselves and the filling sunk to the bottom. The seat cushions slide forward and hang over the main frame, no matter how still you try and sit. The side cushions have… Read Full Review

Dilys.jord's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2020

Why is there no feedback from next, was about to order a sofa as I am having the same problem with a Laura Ashley sofa. Dont know what to do now!!!!!

Ellenmason's Comment

Written on: 29/12/2020

DO NOT BUY from Next, the quality is awful, we had the same issue with the cushions sliding forward & though it was a problem with the material. Next arranged for a visit from their furniture inspectors who said there was no problem. They will not accept there is a serious design & quality issue with their sofas. I feel I have completely wasted my money & would never buy a next sofa again.

Read 2 Comments

“Recommend stamford sofa from Next”

Written on: 13/09/2020 by Brenton403 (1 review written)

We received Stamford sofa and chair from Next in August and I can’t recommend them enough. Delivery was good to. The negative reviews I have read initially made me apprehensive but we are really really pleased with the quality, make, fabric and comfort of the Next furniture. The furniture is made at the same factory as other shops on the high street so I do wonder if some of the negative reviews are bias to certain stores? Excellent furniture… Read Full Review

“Next delivery ”

Written on: 10/09/2020 by Leonidash172 (1 review written)

Arrange a delivery date for our sofas, the day before the delivery was due we were given a 2 hour window, on the day of the delivery we we told our order had gone missing, when I enquired when we can expect the delivery the told us normally within 48 hours. Latter in the day I asked for confirmation of the delivery and was told it will now be the 12th of December, when I asked what am I to do in the mean time,as we had cleared out all our old furniture, I was told they would transfer £100 to… Read Full Review

“Stamford sofa and chair in antique leather”

Written on: 07/09/2020 by Cooper422 (1 review written)

Had it nearly 2 years and love it. It is really comfortable and has not lost its shape at all. The antique leather is still looking good. No sagging or missed shapes cushions.Really comfy and looking good… Read Full Review

“Next Wilson Sofas”

Written on: 04/09/2020 by TChick (1 review written)

Bought 2 of these in May 2018. I went to Next because the previous sofas I bought from them in 2005 lasted years and were really good quality. The Wilson sofas are just terrible. A few months after having them we had to have an engineer out to fix one of the sofas because the springs had come away from the frame and were causing the seat to sag badly. Now, the same thing has happened to the second sofa. This was reported several months ago. I was told there would be a delay due to Covid which… Read Full Review

Emmasmith7's Response to TChick's Review

Written on: 06/10/2020

I could have written this review myself I couldn’t agree more! I am literally in shock at the little foam pieces they use to stuff the seat cushions! I had my previous Next sofa for 8yrs and they used solid foam at that time. This sofa was ruined after 3 months! Its now costing me £500 from a local upholstery company to refill the cushions :(

“Next Stamford sofas ”

Written on: 29/07/2020 by TheresaHal (1 review written)

Do NOT buy your sofas from Next ! Bought 2 Stamford sofas 18 months ago. They are ready for the tip ! Getting nowhere with Next. Engineer has been out today to inspect sofas and I already know he will say there is no fault with them. The fillings are cheap, the sofas sag and are mishapen yet engineer says they are built to ‘specification’. Daughter bought these 5 years ago and hers are quality. The cushions now having completely different fillings. Mine are filled with polyester cheap… Read Full Review

Emmasmith7's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Marilynarcher's reply to Emmasmith7's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2020

I’ve just bought two Stamford sofas with comfort cushion which is the small chips. They were terrible. Nothing like in the shop. They replaced them and these are only slightly better. She said her daughter had the solid foam cushion which looks more square. Think I’ll get them to change the cushions as I think the solid ones will be better. Don’t get the so called comfort ones. They’re uncomfortable.

Croker14's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Written on: 09/10/2020

Oh I wish I had known this before we bought ours. Had them 6 months and they are ruined already!

Emmasmith7's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Read 4 Comments

“Ashford - leather novara french grey”

Written on: 11/07/2020 by Eliroomel (1 review written)

Have a 4 seater a 2 love seats. They are sturdy and comfy However the colour has worn off and I now have patches of light grey. Tjis happened we within months. Customer service sent a guy out who said this can be caused by softener in clothes, creams and perfumes on skin,perspiration, cleaning suite, leaving dirt on suite. Basically if you sit on it expect the colour to dissappear. £3600 wasted… Read Full Review

“Next Stamford 3 seat chaise”

Written on: 10/07/2020 by Johnstonya1994 (1 review written)

Don't bother. We've had a Next sofa before. Very comfy, lasted 10 years. This one arrived and we had to fit the feet ourselves. There are no guide holes so we've refused. The feet in any event won't fit the footstool that goes with it, and they've sent another set - still wrong. The seat cushions are an imperfect fit, and just won't stay in place meaning they look scruffy. After three days of very light use there's a huge difference between the end cushion and the centre one which naturally… Read Full Review

“NEXT HOUGHTON SOFA ”

Written on: 21/06/2020

Do not buy this sofa. Like other people on this site the cushions on what should have been a 4 seater sofa have collapsed. They are filled with fibre when they should have been filled with foam. I complained to NEXT within 30 days of buying the sofa which cost 1700 POUNDS. A guy came down and weighted the largest cushion which was sagging on one side. He told me it was the right weight and met the specification on the cushion. I told him the specification was wrong. He said no it was as stated… Read Full Review

Mrsjmb's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2020

Hi. I'm looking at the Houghton sofa with tailored comfort( which I presume are a mixture of foam & fibre). Did you buy Casual comfort or Tailored? as I have a DFS sofa in another room which seats are mixture of foam and fibre and Im glad to say still look good 3 years later.

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid Next Sofas - Lanston studded”

Written on: 08/05/2020 by emmasmith7 (1 review written)

After only 3 months of light usage our Lanston sofas were awful! Im embarrassed to let people sit on them! The foam has bunched up inside them creating a ridge which you sit on! I had Next sofas prior to this that lasted 8yrs and were sold on! I couldnt sell these on even if I wanted to :( Unfortunately Im now a year down the line with them as I was heavily pregnant when the issues started and I couldnt face the battle with Next. I hope others reading this avoid buying their sofas from Next!… Read Full Review

Emmasmith7's Response to emmasmith7's Review

Written on: 06/10/2020

Update 06/10/20 - So the seat cushion inners Next have used are just little foam pieces all bunched together, not solid foam! No the wonder they didnt even last 3 months before becoming misshaped! Its now costing me £500 from a local upholstery company to have all the inners replaced (both seat and back cushions need doing after only 15 months). What you see in the shop isn’t necessarily what you receive when you order, I would advise people against taking an expensive gamble/risk with Next sofas. Do your research.

“Rapidly going downhill”

Written on: 10/03/2020 by Quincyl330 (1 review written)

What on earth has happened to this company in the last few years? As a loyal customer of over 20 years I've now completely lost all faith. After a recent purchase of over 3k of furniture I've come away 'shell shocked' at how they can hold their heads up and state that it is normal practice for their suppliers to completely re-design furniture you have already ordered in the previous design and when it turns up completely different to what was ordered their only excuse is " it is a new model"!!!… Read Full Review

“Gosford leather buttoned sofa”

Written on: 19/02/2020 by DianaHarris (1 review written)

I recently purchased a Gosford buttoned three and two seater sofa's when purchased I wasn't informed what type of leather they were, my family and I were dismayed to discover that the quality was inferior when it was delivered to our home. Every droplet of liquid stains and it absorbs every grain of dirt. When we were given a leaflet with the sofa's it stated ''Clean with a slight damp cloth''. A relative had recommended that Next sofa's were good quality; in this instance I found that it is… Read Full Review

“Ashbourne sofa”

Written on: 14/02/2020

Do not buy this sofa! Had it 17 months. £140 spent today on new cushion pads, base and back and OMG,what a difference!! Base cushions were originally filled with such cheap low density foam that even a lightweight person sank in. Back cushions had so little stuffing that scrunched to nothing at base. Consequently back cushion slipped continuously down back of base cushion pushing base one forward all the time. Can now sit in comfort but would have expected better in the first place from Next… Read Full Review

Beckilou24's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2020

Hi, having a similar issue with the Garda Chaise we purchased from next. Completely sink into the cushion and back cushions slide down and push the seat cushion forward. The padding on the chaise seat has caved in already and did so only 1 week after purchase. Going to have replaced once Covid lockdown sorted. Can I ask you where you got the new cushion pads from? Interested in buying myself and would appreciate it. Thanks

Emmasmith7's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2020

Hi, Ive got exactly the same issue as you both. After only 3 months of light usage our Lanston sofas are awful! Im embarrassed to let people sit on them! The foam has bunched up inside the creating a ridge which you sit on! I had Next sofas prior to this that lasted 8yrs and were sold on! I couldnt sell these on even if I wanted to :( Unfortunately Im now a year down the line with them as I was heavily pregnant when the issues started and I couldnt face the battle with Next.
Im glad I found this thread as I too will look into replacing the foam etc. I never thought of it before. I hope others reading this avoid buying their sofas from Next! £2,000 wasted.

Lyndaannel's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2020

I have the same issue with a Garda sofa bought last September. The seat pads have have become very soft and you can feel the hard frame when you sit down. Where did you purchase new pads please?

Read 3 Comments

“GARDA SOFA ”

Written on: 31/12/2019 by Frankie358 (1 review written)

I purchased a a small and medium sofa from next, within a month the cushions on the medium sofa started the role over the edge making it look very old and shabby. The cushions over the arm rest went flat in the same amount of time. Complained to next stating how unsatisfied I was. Next arranged to send out an independent assessor (I'd question how independent they are). The assessor agreed the cushion had moved and advised I open the seat cushion up weekly and pull the filling around the… Read Full Review

Jmnesbitt's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2020

Did you get anywhere with them? I have a similar issue, in warranty, huge sag measured 20cm in middle of sofa. They had engineer check who confirmed no manufacturing defect (i.e. made as intended). Problem is what was intended is clearly not acceptable. They have responded saying not their problem. I spent £1500 and now need to find a new sofa.

“Stamford 3&2”

Written on: 21/12/2019 by MatildaDuncan477 (1 review written)

Ordered on a Saturday ,arrived following Saturday.fantastic service from all staff involved.sat on hundreds of sofas in numerous stores.kept going back to the Stamford, tailored fit, high back.very very happy… Read Full Review

Jcs_1665's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2020

I'm considering buying a New Stamford 3 seater; how has yours fared over the past 7 months. Am fearful given the reviews of other sofas from Next...and don't want to spend out over £1k on something which will be useless in a matter of months. Thanks

Jonboy15's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2020

No problems whatsoever.comfiest sofa we have ever had.turn & hoover the cushions every week.so far so good.no sign of wear at all.cannot fault at present.
Hope this helps

Theresahal's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2020

Do NOT buy a Stamford sofa !! I’ve had mine for 18 months and they’re ready for the tip ! What you get delivered is not what is advertised in the shop ! Cheap polyester type fillings - saggy lumpy cushions. I am appalled that I have been completely tricked by this company ! I paid over £2000 for two Stamford sofas.
Please save your money and buy from somewhere else !

Jcroxo's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2020

Same problem
Chaise sagging with big dip.. No support.. Had them out and report is made for purpose and they expect you to be dressing all cushions daily... Never had i had to do this with any other sofa... Waste of money.. Will be looking to get cushions re stuffed with proper filling..
Avoid next sofas

Read 4 Comments

“Useless, avoid at all costs”

Written on: 29/11/2019 by Stuffedbynext (1 review written)

I would never order from Next again. Ordered a sofa at the start of october on a promised 6 week delivery time. We are now nearly 9 weeks in and no sofa! Next customer service are worse than useless. We are having to do all the chasing and when we do call them we get told a different story every time. First it was someone will call you next week to arrange delivery, then it was they had half the sofa but couldn't find the other half, then it was they didn't have any if it, then it was we'll… Read Full Review

“Shocking Service”

Written on: 02/11/2019 by McGarryio196 (1 review written)

We accommodated Next's specific delivery dates and ensured our old sofa was collected the morning of expected delivery. We paid for a two hour window for delivery. One hour in to that, I called to check status (our of curiosity) and was told they weren't delivering the sofa then or even that day. They had lost our sofa. Eventually a loan sofa was suggested which would take AT LEAST 48 hours to find/deliver. It arrived (I had to help the driver bring the sofa in...) and it was a two-seater sofa… Read Full Review