Next Sofa Reviews

Next Sofa - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Next Sofa

Next Sofa

“Very poor value for money!”

Written on: 05/07/2021 by Lozzygk (1 review written)

We bought the Ashford 4 seater chaise sofa and a stool 5 years ago. The material covering the framework on the sofa part of the chaise soon ripped away from the framework, but we didn't bother at the time. There are only 2 adults using the suite, we were both working when we bought the furniture, although my husband has recently retired so the furniture has not been badly treated. We have recently noticed the poor quality of the cushions which have started to sag quite badly. We contacted Next… Read Full Review

Traceywhite18's Response to Lozzygk's Review

Written on: 13/07/2021

I am in dispute with next over the Ashford sofa only had it 5 month looks like a second hand sofa awful

“Next are not best”

Written on: 19/05/2021 by Jennings1 (1 review written)

Have sofa and chair Not yet a year old and you nearly sit on the floor. However worst part is the creaking when you sit on it or move. On sending a technician he told us they all end up like that. Hey that's fine then funny how when we sat on the one in store it didnt creak. Paid a lot of money and went to next as thought they were a reputable company. They are not Will never buy furniture from them again. Also if technician says it's like it in all sofas that seems to be a get out clause… Read Full Review

“Ended up in court”

Written on: 11/05/2021

We bought a sofa and armchair from Next. After 5 months the armchair broke. The frame split and broke. There was a large knot in the wood where the wood split. Despite sending them photos Next refused responsibility, saying it was our fault. After weeks of hassle with them, I took them to court, the online small claims court. Needless to say, Next had to admit liability and pay out. A most unpleasant experience, we won't be shopping there again… Read Full Review

“Next 'Health' sofa is let down by cushion filling ”

Written on: 04/05/2021 by Timmonssf32 (1 review written)

We purchased a large 'Heath' sofa from Next 18 months ago, covered in 'Super Tweed - Natural' fabric. Despite "plumping" the cushions daily, and rotating the seat pads weekly, the sofa has already lost a significant degree of comfort. I suspect the long-term durability of this sofa is going to be poor, and that we'll have to replace the back and side cushions within the next 18 months. If I had my choice again, I would avoid this design and go for a tried-and-tested leather sofa from Ikea… Read Full Review

“Good Collectibles”

Written on: 27/04/2021 by Ruhilal (9 reviews written)

Next Sofa has good collection and are of standard sofa. I liked their dealings and mostly it enhances the home look… Read Full Review

“Standard Sofa”

Written on: 14/04/2021 by CarterEric (11 reviews written)

Next Sofa has good standard Sofa's. Very Collectable items and it added more shine to our home. Service is good… Read Full Review

“Bexley sofa and chair”

Written on: 12/02/2021 by Floydua398 (1 review written)

Bought these from Next last year. Within a short time the seats were puckering and had excess leather which looks like it will crack before long. Next sent a technician who said that as the cushions cannot be removed the sofa and chair would need to be ‘redressed’ daily. This involves turning them onto their side - they are very heavy - and going in from underneath to plump the foam and stretch the leather back. He did this and within less than an hour the problem was back. Next are… Read Full Review

“Puckering !!”

Written on: 25/01/2021 by 166Yates (1 review written)

Bought an Ashford three seater and two seater sofa just before Christmas. But have noticed on the three seater the large back cushions are 'puckering' on the top edge. Inspector called this morning, took photographs of the problem (so there is an obvious problem) and then started talking about dimensions. Supposedly the inner cushions are of the 'right' dimensions having got them out and weighed them on a little machine and then stuffed it back in.So if the dimensions are correct the answer is… Read Full Review

Gwin2016's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2021

Have also recently bought two Ashford sofas ... so far, no puckering BUT we have found the sofas to be extremely hard and uncomfortable! Did you find this too? Will they settle and become softer with time? Thanks!

“Stamford Corner sofa”

Written on: 28/12/2020 by Patm61 (1 review written)

So, back in September Of this year (2020) we ordered the Modular Stamford Sofa In the size and colour we wanted. We paid my next directory account and was advised at the time of ordering that it would be about 15 weeks. We were okay with that as we had to have some walls plastered, then decorate and get a new carpet. The 15 weeks was up on 26/12/20 and as we had not heard anything I gave them a call to find out what the situation was. I was advised that my corner sofa had arrived at the… Read Full Review

Darola's Response to Patm61's Review

Written on: 28/03/2021

Says more about the quality of ordering and delivery, and absolutely nothing about the quality of the furniture. An unfortunate incident rather than a reason not to order.

“Next customer service”

Written on: 22/12/2020 by ikRussoItalian63 (1 review written)

I was in the Next store in Enfield and saw a sofa I wanted... I had been looking for a long time, and thought this was perfect! I needed to speak to someone in delivery to make sure it would fit through my doorway. The girl working there gave me a number to call. I later went home and called the number, only to be transferred to 3 different people. By the time I got to the 3rd person, he said he would have someone call me back; this was about a 1.5 hour call. No one called me back so I called… Read Full Review

“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 29/10/2020 by Hazel1940 (1 review written)

I'm writing this review because I received exceptional customer service when I called to have a sofa returned. I firstly spoke with a lovely young lady who was very helpful and polite and a credit to next customer service team. I had to call again the following day to make another change and spoke with a salesman from the Doncaster office. And I have to say he was the nicest most helpful professional customer service advisor I have ever dealt with and worked efficiently to sort out the issues… Read Full Review

“Next Sofas - Not what they were”

Written on: 19/10/2020 by KristinSimmons440 (1 review written)

On the back of friends who had had good quality sofas from Next years ago we went ahead and bought two from the Osborne range. One extra large (4-seater) and a cuddle sized arm chair. They cost around £2,300. We're not impressed. Have had them for a year now but after just a few months of normal wear the backs folded in on themselves and the filling sunk to the bottom. The seat cushions slide forward and hang over the main frame, no matter how still you try and sit. The side cushions have… Read Full Review

Dilys.jord's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2020

Why is there no feedback from next, was about to order a sofa as I am having the same problem with a Laura Ashley sofa. Dont know what to do now!!!!!

Ellenmason's Comment

Written on: 29/12/2020

DO NOT BUY from Next, the quality is awful, we had the same issue with the cushions sliding forward & though it was a problem with the material. Next arranged for a visit from their furniture inspectors who said there was no problem. They will not accept there is a serious design & quality issue with their sofas. I feel I have completely wasted my money & would never buy a next sofa again.

Read 2 Comments

“Recommend stamford sofa from Next”

Written on: 13/09/2020 by Brenton403 (1 review written)

We received Stamford sofa and chair from Next in August and I can’t recommend them enough. Delivery was good to. The negative reviews I have read initially made me apprehensive but we are really really pleased with the quality, make, fabric and comfort of the Next furniture. The furniture is made at the same factory as other shops on the high street so I do wonder if some of the negative reviews are bias to certain stores? Excellent furniture… Read Full Review

Lucylockett's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2021

I have a Next Stamford Corner Chaise sofa and frankly it's dreadful. May I ask what type of foam is in yours, mine was the "Comfort", I'm curious as to whether I can change the seat cushions.

Beoble's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2021

Hi we have the ‘tailored’ style of cushions. We rotate every week and don’t have any issues with the furniture at all. The cushions were firm when delivered but have now softened.

Foxyc's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2021

Can I ask if you are still happy as I’m wondering if all the negative reviews are for the comfort cushions and we like the tailored?

Beoble's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2021

Yes we have had the furniture for nearly a year and it still looks good and feels comfortable

Read 4 Comments

“Next delivery ”

Written on: 10/09/2020 by Leonidash172 (1 review written)

Arrange a delivery date for our sofas, the day before the delivery was due we were given a 2 hour window, on the day of the delivery we we told our order had gone missing, when I enquired when we can expect the delivery the told us normally within 48 hours. Latter in the day I asked for confirmation of the delivery and was told it will now be the 12th of December, when I asked what am I to do in the mean time,as we had cleared out all our old furniture, I was told they would transfer £100 to… Read Full Review

“Stamford sofa and chair in antique leather”

Written on: 07/09/2020 by Cooper422 (1 review written)

Had it nearly 2 years and love it. It is really comfortable and has not lost its shape at all. The antique leather is still looking good. No sagging or missed shapes cushions.Really comfy and looking good… Read Full Review

“Next Wilson Sofas”

Written on: 04/09/2020 by TChick (1 review written)

Bought 2 of these in May 2018. I went to Next because the previous sofas I bought from them in 2005 lasted years and were really good quality. The Wilson sofas are just terrible. A few months after having them we had to have an engineer out to fix one of the sofas because the springs had come away from the frame and were causing the seat to sag badly. Now, the same thing has happened to the second sofa. This was reported several months ago. I was told there would be a delay due to Covid which… Read Full Review

Emmasmith7's Response to TChick's Review

Written on: 06/10/2020

I could have written this review myself I couldn’t agree more! I am literally in shock at the little foam pieces they use to stuff the seat cushions! I had my previous Next sofa for 8yrs and they used solid foam at that time. This sofa was ruined after 3 months! Its now costing me £500 from a local upholstery company to refill the cushions :(

“Next Stamford sofas ”

Written on: 29/07/2020 by TheresaHal (1 review written)

Do NOT buy your sofas from Next ! Bought 2 Stamford sofas 18 months ago. They are ready for the tip ! Getting nowhere with Next. Engineer has been out today to inspect sofas and I already know he will say there is no fault with them. The fillings are cheap, the sofas sag and are mishapen yet engineer says they are built to ‘specification’. Daughter bought these 5 years ago and hers are quality. The cushions now having completely different fillings. Mine are filled with polyester cheap… Read Full Review

Emmasmith7's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Marilynarcher's reply to Emmasmith7's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2020

I’ve just bought two Stamford sofas with comfort cushion which is the small chips. They were terrible. Nothing like in the shop. They replaced them and these are only slightly better. She said her daughter had the solid foam cushion which looks more square. Think I’ll get them to change the cushions as I think the solid ones will be better. Don’t get the so called comfort ones. They’re uncomfortable.

Foxyc's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Written on: 30/06/2021

Can I ask if it was the comfort cushions you bought or the standard ones in the shop called taiilored comfort? Thanks

Lucylockett's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Written on: 28/03/2021

Not impressed with my Stamford Corner Chaise Sofa, granted I opted for the "Comfort" filling rather than a firmer one , very disappointed- the worst sofa I've ever bought.

Croker14's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Written on: 09/10/2020

Oh I wish I had known this before we bought ours. Had them 6 months and they are ruined already!

Emmasmith7's Response to TheresaHal's Review

Foxyc's reply to Emmasmith7's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2021

Did you get the comfort filling of the tailored comfort? Thanks

Read 7 Comments

“Ashford - leather novara french grey”

Written on: 11/07/2020 by Eliroomel (1 review written)

Have a 4 seater a 2 love seats. They are sturdy and comfy However the colour has worn off and I now have patches of light grey. Tjis happened we within months. Customer service sent a guy out who said this can be caused by softener in clothes, creams and perfumes on skin,perspiration, cleaning suite, leaving dirt on suite. Basically if you sit on it expect the colour to dissappear. £3600 wasted… Read Full Review

“Next Stamford 3 seat chaise”

Written on: 10/07/2020 by Johnstonya1994 (1 review written)

Don't bother. We've had a Next sofa before. Very comfy, lasted 10 years. This one arrived and we had to fit the feet ourselves. There are no guide holes so we've refused. The feet in any event won't fit the footstool that goes with it, and they've sent another set - still wrong. The seat cushions are an imperfect fit, and just won't stay in place meaning they look scruffy. After three days of very light use there's a huge difference between the end cushion and the centre one which naturally… Read Full Review

“NEXT HOUGHTON SOFA ”

Written on: 21/06/2020

Do not buy this sofa. Like other people on this site the cushions on what should have been a 4 seater sofa have collapsed. They are filled with fibre when they should have been filled with foam. I complained to NEXT within 30 days of buying the sofa which cost 1700 POUNDS. A guy came down and weighted the largest cushion which was sagging on one side. He told me it was the right weight and met the specification on the cushion. I told him the specification was wrong. He said no it was as stated… Read Full Review

Mrsjmb's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2020

Hi. I'm looking at the Houghton sofa with tailored comfort( which I presume are a mixture of foam & fibre). Did you buy Casual comfort or Tailored? as I have a DFS sofa in another room which seats are mixture of foam and fibre and Im glad to say still look good 3 years later.