Fred Olsen Cruises, Braemar Reviews

Fred Olsen Cruises, Braemar
Fred Olsen Cruises, Braemar

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Much as expected - holiday camp on sea. Transfer from...”

Written on: 16/12/2010

Much as expected - holiday camp on sea. Transfer from airport to ship took far too long as did getting our luggage. Booked balcony suite but thought that bathroom was very small and not worth what we had paid for the cabin. When sailing at night, cabin creaked and some nights we felt we would be tossed out of bed due to rough seas. On sea days (fortunately there were only 2) didn't like sitting on deck in rows like sardines and the pools were small. Enjoyed the food, the excursions we did were… Read Full Review

Maitken11's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2011

This seems very similar to my thoughts. My husband and I went on this same cruise as we wanted to see many other Caribbean islands but whilst we enjoyed most aspects of the cruise such as 4th Dimension, the Braemar Show Company plus the food and the crew worked very hard we felt that the cruise was not value for money. We have holidayed in Barbados many times travelling by Virgin Atlantic but feel that cruises are vastly overatted. So it is back to a land based holiday next time on Tobago

Read 1 Comment

“You may wonder why I don't recommend the Fred Olsen...”

Written on: 07/10/2006 by mwe152 (11 reviews written)

You may wonder why I don't recommend the Fred Olsen Cruises, Braemar Baltic cruise when all my ratings are on the high side.
There is only one reason why I don't recommend Braemar, but it's a big reason. It's a flat-bottomed ship and it is designed for sheltered seas like the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. The QE2, for example, 'slices' through big waves, but Braemar behaves like an aircraft hitting turbulence.

On the evening of October 7th (2003) the tail-end of a hurricane hit the North… Read Full Review

Live2Die's Response to mwe152's Review

Written on: 07/09/2007

I found this review helpful because... it contained a lot of detail and reasons for the authors opinion.

Read 1 Comment