LG RZ37LZ55 Reviews

LG RZ37LZ55 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for LG RZ37LZ55

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Yep same here big bang no picture...LG are the...”

Written on: 04/05/2010

Yep same here big bang no picture...LG are the worst..called them they told me that it was no problem they would take it repair it and if they could not they would up grade it to a better model...., ya right...called to see if they repaired it...no....so they were sending it back to me to return it to where i bought it (at my expense) for the same model or one of equal value.....up grade.....my a*se, LG never never ever again....rotten people… Read Full Review

“My LG RZ37LZ55s gone bang!! loud noise and went off...”

Written on: 18/07/2009

My LG RZ37LZ55s gone bang!! loud noise and went off its 3 yrs old so out of warranty etc. Weirdly power light goes green then red so power is getting to unit… Read Full Review

“I bought my LG RZ37LZ55 set for 2000$ in 2005. december. ”

Written on: 17/03/2009 by jtopcsi (1 review written)

I bought my LG RZ37LZ55 set for 2000$ in 2005. december.
Never used in summers, so approximately it has provided less than 2 years of average turned-on service.
Two days ago, I experienced the shut-gun sound. The rest
is known by some of you. I have extracted the PSU. Top of
the STR-T2268 is blown off. Service: 'We have never seen
such a failure.' Repair Set including fixing the PSU is coming for ~75$… Read Full Review

“Same kind of thing that a lot of people are having...”

Written on: 21/11/2008 by jones20200 (1 review written)

Same kind of thing that a lot of people are having with this model. Went bang from the back with a big white flash. i now have no power. I have spoke to currys who have told me to get an independant engineer report diagnosing the fault.
Does anyone know who the best peopleare to do this stating that it is an inherant fault?????… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Bought this TV 19 months ago and sounds like the same...”

Written on: 06/10/2008 by DianeB (1 review written)

Bought this TV 19 months ago and sounds like the same thing has happened to me. Gunshot like sound from back of TV and it just keps turning itself on and off standby. Any idea what part I need and how to replace it or any other suggestions from anyone. Ta… Read Full Review

“For the past 6 months I've had to turn the power off...”

Written on: 01/09/2008

For the past 6 months I've had to turn the power off and then on again before getting a picture on my LG RZ37LZ55. Tonight there was a loud bang and the picture disappeared. I still get the green/red light but nothing else… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Yeah...seem to have same issue as a lot of people with...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

Yeah...seem to have same issue as a lot of people with same TV. I sent a letter and copies of reviews from here with engineers report and copy of original receipt. I paid ' 1900 for it in 2006. The retailers have come back to me and offered 850 towards a new TV. To be honest I'm not sure if I'll accept it or not as it seems this model of TV has a faulty part in it… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Bought the RZ37LZ55 LCD TV from Curry's in late 2006,...”

Written on: 11/07/2008

Bought the RZ37LZ55 LCD TV from Curry's in late 2006, so it's now out of warranty. In that time, it was fine except for an annoying habit of not coming out of standby very quickly. Tonight - it failed with a rather spectacular "BANG" and a white flash from the back of the TV. From the other reviews here, It seems this is a common problem? I'm an electronics engineer, so I've already figured out which part failed - it's a chip in the power supply. However - one wonders why it failed. Simply… Read Full Review

“My LG RZ37LZ55 power supply unit exploded after 10...”

Written on: 28/06/2008

My LG RZ37LZ55 power supply unit exploded after 10 months, replaced under warranty. Same happened again after 20 months. New and apparently updated unit to be replaced by myself. Lets see what happens next. Avoid the aggro and don't buy lg… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“My LG RZ37LZ55 went pop after just 13 months red green...”

Written on: 28/04/2008

My LG RZ37LZ55 went pop after just 13 months red green lights on / off LG customer support =0% they didn't want to know!

☆☆☆☆☆

“My LG RZ37LZ55 TV blew up after warranty and lg did...”

Written on: 03/04/2008

My LG RZ37LZ55 TV blew up after warranty and lg did not seem to care at all. I found them very unhelpful after i spent £1600 on their product. Ended up repairing myself turned out to be a power supply which i bought off ebay for nearly £70. Was told is very common problem with this TV. Very easy to repair only took 20mins but was told by local repairers would be £250 and take 2 hours to sort out… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Trying to get repaired at the moment no joy. Have been...”

Written on: 17/01/2008 by benaistrup (1 review written)

Trying to get repaired at the moment no joy. Have been looking on the net and it looks like i am not the only one! please add review if the same has happened to you so i can approach lg with something solid!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Has blown up twice in 1 year. Extremely poor customer...”

Written on: 15/10/2007 by RadOxide (1 review written)

Has blown up twice in 1 year. Extremely poor customer service from LG… Read Full Review

“This LG RZ37LZ55 TV cost me £1299 from Currys. It...”

Written on: 11/09/2006 by microlight (1 review written)

This LG RZ37LZ55 TV cost me £1299 from Currys. It literally went bang after 4 months! We were watching it one evening when there was a terrific bang from the rear of the set, ( similar to a gun shot ). There was no picture and the power light began turning on and off, the handset would not operate the set.
The service from LG has been dreadful and when I eventually got through to the service dept.( after 20 plus attempts ), I was quoted a 10 day turn around, it is now almost 2 months.
No one… Read Full Review

Thinoleon's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 23/10/2006

I bought the exact same TV and at the same price back in April. My LG RZ37LZ55 LVD TV has just gone bang with the exact same symptoms. Have you had yours repaired yet? And if so, did they tell you the fault?

D Wilkens's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 05/01/2009

I received an Insignia (made by LG) 32" plasma TV a week and a half ago as a holiday gift. I had the exact same problem. A big pop sound occurred, followed by black out picture and large crack in the screen. The local BB store refused to take it back, saying that it was damaged. Yes, damaged because it blew from the inside! Model number is NS-PDP32-09. I now have a $500+ television with sound only. Furious doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

Jones20200's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 21/11/2008

Same problems as the rest of you guys. Went bang the other night and I now have no power. Can anyone send me copy of the report so as I can get onto currys I paid 1500 and I'm not happy with 15 months of use.

Written on: 06/08/2008

The new PCB board will solve the issue mate. Don't do the insurance thing if your with Tesco.

Jamesward6's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 05/08/2008

Hi I had the same problem, LG RZ-37LZ55 was 26 months ago, went bang, then red light, green light switching between the 2 every 10 seconds or so. But no sound and no picture, so dead for all it was worth. Called LG, they sent me to a local LG repair company as it was out of warranty, called Empire (seller) they did the same.
<br/>
<br/>Played the Sale Of Goods act card on Empire, claiming the fault is not isolated and an inherent fault on the appliance, which means the seller, not the manufacture must honour his part. http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html
<br/>
<br/>Was informed that I needed an engineers report, stating the appliance has an 'inherent fault'. this would cost me &pound;40-50 and a couple of days wait. I would then send the report to Empire, who would then review it and on the assumption they agreed would organise for a repair or a replacement. (How many weeks would this take!?!) They would also refund the &pound;40-50. If they didn't agree, what then? small claims court, or back to square one, broken TV still out of warranty minus &pound;40-50. What if the engineer did think it was an inherent fault?
<br/>
<br/>So I have rightly or wrongly ordered a replacement PCB Power Supply from Ebay.
<br/>
<br/>Before ordering I took my TV off the wall, placed it on the table (protected by a couple of blankets). I removed the outer case and the inner case. The PCB can we removed by taking out 4 screw and 3 cables (with click in/out). Confident that I can change the PCB I ordered the above for &pound;39.99 plus P&P. Should be here in 48 hours. Assuming it works again I am told that this solves LG's big bang TV's.
<br/>
<br/>Failing this I may drop the set (by accident, ensuring no one is around to get hurt), claim on my household insurance and get a Sony!
<br/>
<br/>Yet again I am shocked that the poor consumer gets it. I paid &pound;1199 for my TV 2 years ago and I am left making my own repairs!

Written on: 03/08/2008

Baz, are you sending me the report then matey. Asking because I have all my info ready just waiting for that.

Written on: 23/07/2008

Send it me in an email if you can Baz [email protected]

Written on: 21/07/2008

Hi Ode, No problem with the copy. Do not know the procedure to do this. Baz K

Written on: 21/07/2008

Hi Baz,
<br/>
<br/>Could I be really cheeky and ask you send me a copy of that tech report so I can do the same

Written on: 19/07/2008

Here's my update. Got the PCB examined and the technician stated that the IC904 switching chip tested faulty. I then sent a copy of the report, plus a copy of my New PCB receipt, plus a copy of the Sale of Goods Act to Customer Care at Currys Head Office. Four days later I recieved a telephone call from Currys customer care stating that they are sending me a cheque for the cost of my new PCB. So don't give up and fight for your rights.

Written on: 12/07/2008

Same happened with mine. Rang Currys who said I needed to get the T.V inspected and then forward the report to them and if they think it was faulty on manufacture they may contribute to the repair.
<br/>
<br/>I am absolutely disgusted in these companies as clearly this T.V has a known fault but they will not own up to it. I have ended up buying the part off ebay and now await delivery.
<br/>
<br/>I am still going to write to Currys quoting the sales of goods act and I am going to send copies of these posts to them and to LG.

Written on: 10/07/2008

My new upgraded PCB has just arrived and i've just fitted it in the LG TV. Turned TV on and presto my tv is alive again. Now i have a 37" TV to watch in my bedroom. Thanks you guys for the help I will keep you posted on the faulty PCB.

Written on: 08/07/2008

Had the same problem, loud crack TV wont come on red and green light flashing no picture only 18 months old bought from Currys and out of warranty. Checked the Sale of Goods Act which stated that The trader/seller is still liable for the TV because the TV was faulty on purchasing and are liable for up to 6 years. Went to Currys to state my case, big argument nearly got thrown out of store. They informed me that i would have to get my own technician to examine the PCB. If it was faulty i would have to send a written statement from the person who examined the board stating the problem to Currys head office and they might pay for the TV to be repaired. Luckily where i work we use other PCB's and have a company who repair them when they go wrong. Have sent my LG TV PCB to be examined awaiting results, will keep you posted. Meanwhile i have a 37" tv stuck in the bedroom. Have now ordered a new upgraded PCB from ebay for &pound;45. Just go on ebay and type in LG RZ37LZ55 LCD POWER SUPPLY PCB 6709900002A. You will get a few links to sites that sell the new board. Hope this is helpful to others that are having problems with this TV. Also sent an e-mail to LG, got a reply stating they are not aware there is a problem with this model.
<br/> Baz K.

Raulrobbo's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 22/05/2008

Yeah I wrote to the MD stating the sale of goods act, saying that a TV that cost over a grand should last longer than it has, They paid the repair bill.

361418_Chaz Rogers's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 23/04/2008

I have experienced the same problem with the PCB and am about to replace the board for the third time in eighteen months(but this time with the upgraded LG board purchased on ebay for &pound;52 inc pp). I have written a detailed report to the MD of Curry's and will post the repose if any. Might I suggest that users with similar problems do the same as it may help others with the same problem in the future.

Written on: 13/03/2008

Thanks for that info Jamie, I will have a look, Ive been waiting for something to go wrong again.

Jamie Bulloch's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 13/03/2008

I purchased 2 sets from Curry's in Sept 2006, within 6 weeks one went pop with the problem described, green - red - green - red, etc, contacted Curry's who eventually arranged for a fix under warranty, although they did initially want me to contact LG direct, ludicrous suggestion,,, eventually after about 3 weeks of hassle the set was fixed, they would not tell me what the problem was, after much searching on the net, it transpires there is a fault with the power supply PCB seemingly for the period Jan-Aug 2006, so bad was the problem that LG were issuing repair kits for this issue but due to demand for repairs they ending up sending out the entire PCB at a discount to repair shops, their own preffered outlet for the board were selling this for twice £90 +postage, what you could pick it up for on EBay, It is now Feb 2008 and the other set went pop with the same problem, contacted LG direct as the warranty was up they were not interested and stated there was no issue with this model sitting that they compared favourably against their competition, an unbelievable statement considering the evidence, so I told them to stuff it and would not invest in any of their products in the future, I located the part on Ebay -RZ37LZ55 LG LCD Power Supply PCB, Original Part BN number of the power supply is 6709900002A, it is an absolute doddle to replace, plug in power cable and two plugin mesh cables, 30mins job, took longer to take the back and metal cover off, I purchased the part from the following,
<br/>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350033169223 - got mine for £52 total,
<br/>Although you may have to shop around, insist on a complete NEW board and not a repaired one for peace of mind, there are some pictures of the part and a better description on Ebay address, hope this info is of use to fellow sufferers, regards Jamie Bulloch

Raulrobbo's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 10/02/2008

Mine just went pop last night, green and red light switching on and off!!
<br/>My Set is 15 months old though. It played up about 8 months ago while still under warranty and they replaced the motherboard. Will they repair it still as it is within 12 months of being faulty the first time?
<br/>Robbo

Written on: 25/10/2007

Further to the blow up problem with my LG 37" I would urge all of you guys who have had the same problem to check the HDMI connection on your set, my set was a couple of months out of warranty when I decided to go for sky HD, I bought my own box from a local supplier, set it all up but it would not work through the HDMI connection, I suspected a faulty box but after trying three other boxes we eliminated this, I took my HD box to a friends house who had the same LG TV and the Sky box worked through his HDMI socket. I contacted LG and told them about the problem and the fact that it had blown up earlier and this was probably something to do with it, but they would not do anything, I explained that I had never used the HDMI connection until I got Sky HD so I would never have known it was not working until the connection was used, but as usual they are not bothered. So if you have had the same blow up problem and are thinking of getting Sky HD get the HDMI connection checked before your TV warranty expires.

Radoxide's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 15/10/2007

Blew up within the first two months just as microlight's description. Bought from Currys but they would not deal with it after the first month. After reporting the fault to LG it was 13 days before it was picked up citing a 10 day turn around period. Two weeks later I began calling their customer services. They claimed to be emailing the repair depot who would contact me with a status report. This did not happen even after a further 16 calls. I managed to find the phone number for LG's head office and explained my situation. They were helpfull and apologetic, but it still took them four days to even find my TV! After that it was still more than two weeks before it was returned to. The excuse given was a move for the repair depot. They lost it!
<br/>Eight months on and just 12 days remaining on the warranty it has blown up again! Exactly the same problem as last time. LG has upgraded their customer support since last time, changing to a UK call centre and putting me in direct contact with the repair depot from it being picked up. That being said it has been three weeks on top of the 6 weeks from the first time it blew. The repair centre claim to have upgraded the power supply so it "won't" happen again!
<br/>DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE TV's!
<br/>I would not even recommend buying anything from LG.

Dtteacher's Response to microlight's Review

Written on: 04/04/2007

Guess what!.............Mine went pop too - same symptoms; red LED, Green Led and repeat and so on.
<br/>
<br/>Comet came out after 4 days (1st appointment available) and took it away without opening the back. The engineer was very perplexed. Got a phone call 5 days later to say it was uneconomical to repair so I could go into the store and choose another TV up to the same value (a very nice situation as the TV was 4 months old and TV&#039;s that were £1200 were now within my price budget!) Needless to say, I bought another LG (37LB1DB) and roll on 4 months from now!! Seriously though, Picture is outstanding and the sound is SO MUCH better than the RZ.
<br/>Hope this helps

Written on: 11/11/2006

thinoleon. They did not tell me the fault. A receptionist said "they have changed a circuit board on the LG RZ37LZ55" or something. I could not get through to an engineer.

Read 22 Comments