Parris Cues Reviews

Parris Cues
4.3

Parris Cues - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Parris Cues

“Beware of EBay rip offs”

written by 483Porterfield on 19/09/2021

My opinion of Parris cues over the years has changed. My early red glue Classic was for instance a much more balanced and powerful cue than my recent ‘Ultimate’, which was frankly, (finish aside), a huge disappointment. However they are still a fine cue and there is little between his, Osborne, Hunt and White’s offerings to name but a few decent makers. I want to draw your attention however to chancers on Ebay who it would appear are buying up John’s Classic and Ambassador shop stock then adding a cheap case and trying to sell for £650. Please, please, if you are going to buy a Parris cue then make it a special day and phone the shop for an appointment and get fitted. If he doesn’t have one there that suits you, then order one and be patient. It will not cost you £650 for a Classic or Ambassador that’s for sure!

“Best Cue i've ever had”

written by 2v1977 on 12/03/2015

I wanted a John Parris cue simply because Ronnie O Sullivan had one. I didn't know much about cues back 20 years ago when I ordered it, I still use it now although it is a little too short for me. so I decided to order a new one in January and went all out for the Ultimate cue with some very nice exotic woods and veneers. As soon as I entered the shop the service was amazing. John took his time and we went through a number of designs and cue ranges to get exactly what I wanted. I rate the cues and the service 5*****. yes I know I will be waiting a long time but I will just keep banging in the centuries with the one I have until it gets here. People have their own preference of cue maker but I along with the 15 of the top players in the world will stick to Parris. they are expensive but they are the best.

“5 star service ”

written by JohannaWren3 on 06/12/2014

I've been using parris cues for a few years now and reading people's reviews have made me feel like I need to write mine, my last cue (jp stirling) which I received last week was a month or so late but it was well worth the wait I love it jp is a true master of cues and the service I have had every time I've visited there shop either from jp himself or his wife are 2nd to none and lets face it you will never lose money on the cue they will always be worth money if not more than you paid to begin with Thanks jp and your wife and team

“John Parris Special Cue”

written by RussoItalian424 on 15/04/2014

Expected a decent playing cue, but ordered the cue to simply compare if the hype some players go on wit are justified or just sycophantic rantings from someone who has no idea how to play snooker or billiards. I was aware pros use John Parris services because he is local and most pros do not pay for their cues, besides the cue used by Ali Carter is very different to the one I received,you would never guess that both were made by the same shop??? My cue cost just on 800 pounds and to be perfectly honest, the quality of timber used plus the workmanship are not anywhere near as good as my O Min Cue which cost just on 100 UK pounds. From a playing point of view, there is no feel and balance to the Parris Cue and wont be suitable to my game at all. The plus side is that I can put the cue on eBay and some nutter will buy it and love it because of whose logo disc is fitted. For me, I am now the proud owner of an LP King cue which is the type of cue we all wished a Parris Ultimate would be,it wasn't cheap, not a smuch as Parris charges but the end product is miles ahead of Parris. Good business man no doubt, best cue maker in the world NO WAY.

2V1977's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2015

you are either a complete nut job or have no idea what you are talking about. im guessing its both. your saying a cheap Thai imported cue is better than John Parris.

i guess the 15 of the top 20 players in the world must be kicking themselves by paying JP all that money when they could have just got a cheap Thai import and had just as good a career.

you must be one of those pathetic cue salesman that tries to sell the Thai rubbish

Rjcoops's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2021

Well Parris now uses imported (Thai and other foreign) ash because he can’t source it locally. I’ve had numerous Parris cues and my early 90’s classic was miles better than my recent ‘Ultimate’ which was not well balanced.

I would say he used to make top cues but now makes over priced average ones.

“Perfect and outstanding”

written by IvanTaylor on 04/11/2013

I bought my Parris cue in November 2012 i was told that it would take 32 weeks to arrive but didn't arrive till November 2013. Neither the less, the cue is the most outstanding and perfect cue i have ever used. the smoothness and Finnish on the cue is second to none. The wight, balance and overall performance of the cue is perfect. I would never dream of using another cue and I would recommend anyone who is dreaming of becoming a good snooker player to get one. I know that people say its not the cue, its the player. But it has improved my game dramatically. GET A PARRIS CUE

“Shocking Service - Mediocre Cue”

written by MattGood on 08/07/2013

Paid through the nose for an Ultimate Custom cue from Parris Cues with the expectation that I would be getting one of the best cues in the world. Not only was the cue over two months past maximum dates outlined in the FAQ's, the service was so poor that, even if I had have received the best cue in the world it would have spoiled the experience. Parris is a has been who has no business touting his wares any more... he doesn't make the cues and it shows, his arrogance and pig ignorance only makes the experience worse.

Ivantaylor's Response to MattGood's Review

Written on: 04/11/2013

Yeah the same happened to me. my cue came 3 months late. I will be more than happy to agree that customer service is poor.

Hammerman1111's Response to MattGood's Review

Written on: 12/03/2014

well... you paid and no-one forced you. And with all your knowledge about him being a 'has been' and not making the cues... well? Did you really spend all that money knowing that? No. You did not. Anyone who knows about cues as you claim to do would have bought something else by at least 4/5 other makers. There is plenty of choice. Someone once told me a fool and his money are soon parted,...

“john is a good friend of mine and is the ultimate cue...”

written by on 25/11/2009

john is a good friend of mine and is the ultimate cue craftsman in the world but now is not taking care of high end cue personally.Cues made by him{imp} are value for money that is for sure.

“If you're going to spend lots of money on a cue make...”

written by on 07/10/2008

If you're going to spend lots of money on a cue make sure you have tried lots of different cues and have a fair idea what qualities you want in a cue. I've seen people bidding £200 on eBay for a John Parris cue that they've never even touched just because it has a John Parris badge on it. The cue could even be a forgery. I went in person to John Parris' shop in Forest Hill back in 1992 and I already had a very good idea exactly what I needed and got him to make me a cue to the specifications I chose. It's been an absolutely wonderful cue and I'm still using the same cue now. Just don't go thinking anything with a John Parris badge on it is going to win you prizes because it won't.

“Overall, if you get a good one you are laughing but...”

written by 1lawyer on 31/08/2008

Overall, if you get a good one you are laughing but watch out for copies if buying second hand. Easily distinguised if you know what to look out for. I can tell with the feel, but there are other signs. Parris has a red tinge on the glue at the top of the ebony splicing and if it is one of the top of the range ask for the reg no. The range differs and some things you might consider when buying is length, exclusive cue is too short for some people at 57" (if you are around 6 ft perhaps better with the Ambassador (which Jimmy White and Steve Davis use).
Other top brands you might consider are....Will Hunt (hunt & Osbourne, Stamford Cues (Old Will Hunt cues are the best) (Stamford is quality - They are a small familly company who made Ding's & Mark Selby's), North West Cues (made John Higgins cue).

Hammerman1111's Response to 1lawyer's Review

Written on: 12/03/2014

So he gives away the cues to top pros and that's why they play with them? Nonsense of the highest order, considering the money on offer and the almost total lack of advertising. Do you really think a Pro would sacrifice his earnings/Career just for a free £1k cue? Or do 12/16 use them because they are the best overall (can't speak for customer service but if you have to wait, you wait... and a cue that should last a lifetime and beyond, well that's the deal). Show me a builder who builds on time and you have a shoddy builder!).

Mickymiller's reply to Hammerman1111's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2015

Hold on. I'm a builder who builds on time and I'm not shoddy!

“The Parris Cues are great cues but they are...”

written by on 03/03/2008

The Parris Cues are great cues but they are overpriced, i suppose you pay for the quality though. These are top of the range cues and i would recommend them to anyone looking for a new cue.

“The cue will increase your game, it did for me by...”

written by on 06/02/2008

The cue will increase your game, it did for me by about 50% average score. (50's to 80's). Great value if you look at it that way.

“Parris Cues are probably the best snooker cues money...”

written by kolakubes on 01/09/2006

Parris Cues are probably the best snooker cues money can buy, each cue is made with perfection and precision. You will find that almost over half the world's professional top players uses one and you will also find that they keep their values too. If you look on ebay you will see that sometimes the second hand ones go about the same price as a new one, if not more. I have owned several of these John Parris Cues before and its definitely worth the money, the lower range ones goes from £150 there about, the higher end ones go something like well over 500 or more, depending what else you want. They are way too expensive but you get what you pay for.