Aprilia Tuono 1000 R Reviews

Media Gallery for Aprilia Tuono 1000 R

Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
Aprilia Tuono 1000 R

“Absolutely bonkers!!”

Written on: 03/12/2020 by Daughertyjo277 (1 review written)

My first proper big bike. Had a 600 naked before this step up. My god, what a step I!!! The power and toque, especially mid range is awesome, especially with the factory Akros booming away. That big V twin sounds amazing, so much more character than inline 4s. Beautiful to look at. It is a big bike, and shorter riders may struggle. Mine had a few electrical niggles, typical Italian, but overall, loved my Tuono.

“Having owned a couple of Japanese rocket ships like a...”

Written on: 29/10/2010 by nigelkeithbrown (2 reviews written)

Having owned a couple of Japanese rocket ships like a Hayabusa and a blackbird before my Tuono Factory this was a move to try and slow things down a bit. I should have got a scooter - my Tuono factory is totally addictive - though fast approaching 50 I still feel like an 18 year old every time I get aboard. I tried Triumphs and a beemer but with lowered gearing , a power commander and re-map and Akrapovic cans the factory has everything you could wish for performance wise. Easy to ride and comfortable. The only downside has been electrical - the clocks fog up just by looking at them and the whole dash had to be replaced under warrenty in the first year. - oh and the front wheel lifting at every opportunity. Big bore kit coming next -

Guest's Response to nigelkeithbrown's Review

Written on: 14/07/2011

Hi would agree with you the only thing i would like to do is set the bike up and kill off the hard ride on the road on track very good can any one surgest any settings?regards R

Read 1 Comment

“Bought one of the first raceing into the country, went...”

Written on: 03/11/2009

Bought one of the first raceing into the country, went for my first ride, came home and removed my helmet loocked in the mirror,i had a adaft grin on my face. Five year,s on and 8000 miles I still have the same daft grin. The Tuono is 99% perfect. there is one fault,the screen is too small I am 60 now and when I get to 145 mph I cannot hold on for long PS I would not sell it for a gold pig

“I bought the Tuono brand new at the end of 2004. I'm...”

Written on: 09/10/2009

I bought the Tuono brand new at the end of 2004. I'm now 62 and this was my first bike after 35 years on 4 wheels only. What a way to get back into bikes! After 8,000 miles it still looks like new, the only fault has been a flat battery - my fault, didn't use it in the first Winter, now fixed with a battery conditioner. Handling, power and attitude is fantastic, the bike is full of character and the riding position is perfect. I will keep this bike forever, I just love it.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2011

62 and still riding is great BUT riding a Tuono? Fair play sir.good on ya.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/02/2012

cool i am 56 i just bought 2004 with 4000 miles i love it canet wait for spring thanks tony from mass

Read 2 Comments

“owned my 2008 touno factory just over a year and Im...”

Written on: 17/06/2009 by gustavo 88 (1 review written)

owned my 2008 touno factory just over a year and Im still grinning like an idiot every time I take it out,Tried several nakeds before I bought this an none of them had the grin factor like this does.If you have a problem with the back brake take the caliper off to bleed it with the nipple facing upwards this gets all the air out .

“The Aprilia Tuono 1000 R is a fabulous machine. My...”

Written on: 29/05/2009 by Garry jims (1 review written)

The Aprilia Tuono 1000 R is a fabulous machine. My previous bike was a 2003 RSV Factory. Due to a back problem I have chosen the Tuono Factory because of it's Sit up position

“The Aprilia Tuono 1000 is my first V twin,will be...”

Written on: 19/05/2009

The Aprilia Tuono 1000 is my first V twin,will be very,very surprised if i ever go back to a boring japanese inline again.Haven`t done any more than 300 miles in one day on it yet but could definately be used as a very exciting tourer!
i just love it,brings out the loonie in you every time so tis a good job the mirrors are fairly decent so you can see who might be behind you which more often than not is nothing cos it goes like stink!!!
It does have the odd niggling fault here and there but has been totally reliable for me in 6000 mls and have had a big stupid grin on my face the whole way!!!!
A Fantastic bike!!!!

“The Tuono is deserving of its title of King of the...”

Written on: 29/11/2008 by jrflanne (2 reviews written)

The Tuono is deserving of its title of King of the "Naked" Bikes. There is very little out there with two wheels that can be nearly as fun. The motor is dead reliable and strong and the bike has an odd beauty to it. The frame and suspension is stiff. You will never confuse a Tuono with a Gold Wing. My rear brake cannot keep a bleed, which I find intolerable.

“I have the Aprilia Tuono 1000R Factory. I got a great...”

Written on: 11/09/2008 by eric1460 (1 review written)

I have the Aprilia Tuono 1000R Factory. I got a great deal on a left over, so I like it even more. Great daily commuter, and draws a big crowd on Wed. Quaker Steak nights.

“I have just passed the 600 miles on the Aprilia Tuono...”

Written on: 03/07/2008 by aquarist (1 review written)

I have just passed the 600 miles on the Aprilia Tuono and it has every thing and more for the rider who wants a sportsbike but does not want to look like a Power Ranger on a full fairing sports bike with the leather suit! It can blow most sports bikes away with ease and it still makes me smile when I make a jumped up sports biker eat my dust! Best of all test drive one and if you don't come back smiling then you haven't got bikes in your blood.

“I was told when I took the bike for the first service...”

Written on: 11/05/2008 by tim ennett (1 review written)

I was told when I took the bike for the first service that everyone complains about the rear brake, aparently the fluid boils hence no brake, but even stone cold it`s all or nothing. Verdict acceleration great, wheelieability great, brakes poor!

Guest's Response to tim ennett's Review

Written on: 02/07/2011

you can fit a heat shield this sorts brake fade problem as i did on my rsv factory. the heat shield cost £50 and 1hours labour to fit,have had no problems since.

Read 1 Comment

“Am 59 yrs old and have had several bikes beginning in...”

Written on: 26/12/2007

Am 59 yrs old and have had several bikes beginning in 1961, but the Aprilia Tuono 1000 R for me has it all: superb handling, brakes ie. front, tons of power in any gear, looks. Yes after reading and looking at bike for a few months I test rode the bike along with a superduke and multistrada and am very satisfied with my choice. Other bikes owned: k1200 rs 2-goldwings triumps hondas suzuki yamaha.