Seat Leon FR Reviews

• Reliability

Seat Leon FR - Ask a question now

“seat leon fr”

written by bazzarlb on 22/10/2011

We purchased a 2006 leon fr tdi just over 6 mnths ago.Its black metalic with the btcc/k1 bodykit 18" alloys(just been upgraded to 19"). It looks stunning and many people stop to admire it. The car itself has very good performance for a diesel(170bhp) and it returns on avg 37-40 mpg,this is local driving not motorway.motorway driving we have seen between 40-52 mpg(not hanging about either)so i would say performance and economy is pretty reasonable. After owning the car for less than 2 mths it broke down.Upon recovery it turned out to be a failed injector.Wow £750.00 for it to be diagnosed and replaced.However there is a saving grace here seat leons(fr) are renowned for this problem and one call to seat uk and the remaining 3 inj and wiring loom were replaced free of charge due to this being a safety issue. The other issue these cars suffer from(theyre not the only car either)are the dpf filters.For those who think im talking in spanish this is a filter in the front of the exhaust that collects the soot etc and burns it off at certain stages of normal driving(or supposed to)its called regen mode. Seat recommend you drive the car in a particular way to help the car carry out this process from time to time if the cars dpf light comes on telling you to do a forced regen.If you dont do this the filter can become blocked and have to be replaced at a cost of over £1000 pounds. Have i put you off yet? I hope not because this car is very good and lets face it all cars have there problems the dpf issue has not been a problem on my car but has effected many others.Make sure you do your research and always get one with good history if possible.In general i would say that this car looks and drives very sporty,has the odd issue(if your unlucky)but will put a smile on your face,theres room for 4-5 adults and in my opinion looks better than the golf equivalent(gttdi). Standard equipment includes; bluetooth,dual climate,cruise,all e/w,pas,remote locking,computer,tyre pressure monitor,6sp,ipod docking station. Just another quick note on the dpf issue i have decided if it fails to get it removed and remapped this will see better performance(220-240bhp) and no more issues with the dpf. Hope u enjoyed reading my review and thanks

“I must admit I got rid of this car after 3 months as...”

written by squench2002 on 23/10/2008

I must admit I got rid of this car after 3 months as it is far too hard when on long journeys.
We drove to the west coast from Aberdeen and I was sick of it halfway there and got my wife to drive.
When on a bumpy road it is hard to have a normal conversation as your voice is affected when going over the bumps!
I was sad to see this car go but couldn't live with it any longer.

“The Seat Leon FRA is a very well priced and speced...”

written by Dave Stride on 17/10/2006

The Seat Leon FRA is a very well priced and speced car. The diesel offers masses of performance and economy. Large interior space ideal for family life and when the kids have been dropped off at school, you can enjoy a blast back home. If you can deal with firm ride, it is a very attractive buy when compared with much higher price of the Golf.