Tom Tom Go 700 Reviews

1.8

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom Tom Go 700 - Ask a question now

“The after sales service is dreadfull. ”

written by on 03/07/2010

The after sales service is dreadfull.
Prepared to pay TOM TOM to have the maps updated Western Eur, keeping the favourites.
Wanted me to send it to Holland with prepaid carrier £80, then £49 for maps.
Wouldn't touch them with a Barge Pole.
John Lewis and Halfords agree,both recommended Garmin.

“we have a motorhome and we sometimes end up on very...”

written by on 25/09/2009

we have a motorhome and we sometimes end up on very narrow roads and the Tom Tom Go 70 keeps trying to get us under bridges that are too low

“We bought our Tomtom approx 2 years ago and it was out...”

written by on 09/06/2009

We bought our Tomtom approx 2 years ago and it was out of date in Spain, where we live, before we used it. Navigating to France (the purpose of buying in the first place) was horrific as many of the roads there were altered as well. We don't live in a village or in the countryside so roads should have been marked.

“I've had my Tom Tom GO 700 for 3 years and recommend...”

written by TravelinAnnie on 17/10/2008

I've had my Tom Tom GO 700 for 3 years and recommend it to everyone in the US. It never looses Sat signal unless you are in a long or underground tunnel or between skyscrapers. I have a mount wired in all my cars and just grab it and use it in the car I'm in. It always gets me to where I need to go and is reliable. I take it with me when I travel and have a rental car. I use it in my RV. I use it around town. It is super simple to use - reminds me of Apple interfaces. It never hangs, has really long battery life (even 3 years old) and seems to be very rugged - I've dropped it many times & throw it in suitcases and bags. No probs.
If you need something that always works - this is your gadget.

“I've really found this useful but need to update the...”

written by on 13/02/2008

I've really found this useful but need to update the maps as it doesn't like Camden High Street and as I am a sales person looking after North London, its a bit of a problem! However, as I bought it on E-Bay second hand, its been value for money for me.

“it is a very good product i will recommend this to...”

written by najaf007 on 06/02/2008

it is a very good product i will recommend this to everybody, i would say value for money

“A1M motorway north of Doncaster not included on map...”

written by Chris Bibby on 21/09/2007

A1M motorway north of Doncaster not included on map upgrade I paid megabucks for, although road been opened 2 years at least. No help on phone or web-site.

“A Sat Nav is only as good as its maps and,...”

written by nickwhiteley on 24/07/2007

A Sat Nav is only as good as its maps and, unfortunately, Tom Tom don't update their maps unless you want to part with quite a lot of cash. This is an expensive product and so should come with map updates for a couple of years (especially when you consider how may errors there are). I certainly won't be buying another Tom Tom.

“If you buy a sat nav, it's because you want to join a...”

written by Sofia Bastante on 20/07/2007

If you buy a sat nav, it's because you want to join a place without a paper map and you are sure it will take you to the exact address where you want to go. Instead, you get lost during the night in the middle of nothing, not knowing where to go, because the satellite signal is not complete as they say, so is better you don't spend £490 (this is the money I spent on December 2005) to buy the Tom Tom 700. With a few pounds you can buy a paper map and you are sure you will join the place where you want to go. If they say that there is a complete map of west Europe and then it is not complete, I think it's not honest and we pay for something they don't give us.

“As my experience showed, if your map for your TomTom...”

written by abinitio on 01/05/2007

As my experience showed, if your map for your TomTom Go 700 is out of date, the one-off free update which 'Tom Tom Support' advise you are entitled to, will not be honoured. Map updates are very expensive, and that supplied on my Tom Tom was not fit for purpose. Had I taken a navigation instruction given whilst traveling at speed on one stretch of motorway, the result would have been a serious road traffic accident.

There is a reliable adage, well understood by more mature commercial organisations, that the point at which you are faced with a customer with a complaint is the best opportunity you will ever have to create a long-term loyal customer. Tom Tom fought hard to ward off my repeat custom, and succeeded in losing a customer, and their good report, which would have cost them precisely nothing to keep.

Do be aware if you are considering this company's products, that the widespread accounts of third-rate and shoddy Tom Tom customer service are not a myth. Ignore any thoughts of customer service with this product - they will certainly ignore you.

“Be prepared for the never ending expense in up dating...”

written by spaniard285 on 07/03/2007

Be prepared for the never ending expense in up dating maps. Updates are not cheap and using it in any European country will soon be next to useless unless you want to pay €99 a time. Definitely not worth bothering to buy.

“I wouldn't buy the TomTom Go 700 again - I nearly...”

written by frederz on 10/01/2007

I wouldn't buy the TomTom Go 700 again - I nearly trashed it, it's so annoying

“I would not recommend this model to anyone. I don't...”

written by Adrianc on 17/10/2006

I would not recommend this model to anyone. I don't know what the other models are like but if it can't stay locked on a satellite it's just no good.

“The TomTom Go 700 is great when it works but it keeps...”

written by Robert5858 on 08/10/2006

The TomTom Go 700 is great when it works but it keeps freezing just when you need it. Now in for repair for three weeks! It's a very expensive toy. Get an extended warranty or stick to paper maps.

Asked by BrianClose on 9th May 2017 Report this content
Changed my mobile to lgk8 but not connecting to calls - is this a known problem?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site