Dunraven Systems Limited - Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge Reviews

1.9

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Media Gallery for Dunraven Systems Limited - Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge

“Waste of money”

written by Heathp156 on 08/02/2024

The first monitor worked for a short time. However I stupidly baught a replacement and this stopped working dispute never being unplugged during the last cold spell. Very disappointed as they are not exactly cheap. Would definitely not recommend this product.

“False Warranty”

written by rogerhtygwyn on 12/12/2022

The battery in the tank unit failed after 6days, I replaced the battery which then lasted 4 days. Dunraven suggested I fix a piece of sellotape to hold the battery in place, I did this, still low battery alarm. I then asked Dunraven to replace the obviously faulty unit, they said that as I had opened the unit to replace the battery the warranty was invalidated! Do not buy this rubbish!

“Lack of support”

written by bxGrantham326 on 20/04/2016

Had a problem with the Smart meter and transmitter combination since new and three years later the problem continues. There is a lack of support from this company that refuses to acknowledge issues and problems with their product, ignoring requests for help. In general the system is useful but is inaccurate and goes into error when the tank is filled. There is a chance, with the right shape tank, the system will work for you but if it doesn't, do not expect any help.

“Not Recommended”

written by gcfraser on 28/11/2012

Have had this unit for 12 months. Initially failed to connect/read to the transmitter. After a firmware upgrade and reset got communication, but tho' it is supposed to update every 8 hours, actually updates every hour. This means battery in transmitter only lasts some 3 months- rather than 5-7 years as claimed. Customer service is patchy at best, with emails going largely unresponded to. NOT an improvement on my previous Apollo Ultrasonic.

“Shows full all the time?”

written by Airtec on 07/09/2012

British gas done some updates for the council and fitted a Apollo Ultrasonic tank level monitor it has intermittent radio signal and shows full all the time the tank is just over half full using my measuring stick which works all the time, give me back my old and trusted gage pipe which has never leaked and worked perfectly well so much for improvements. Dunraven said! Hint: Think about what you liked and didn't like about it. It does not work!

“Rubbish - not reliable gives inconsistent readings ”

written by on 08/12/2011

My Apollo is installed in a new installation has been used about 3-4 months now. It suddenly went from 2 pips down to flashing empty. We were sure we could not have used so much oil but thought it must have been pilfered and it was hard for us to check tank properly visually as weather conditions were so atrocious. It was like this for over 24 hours then miraculously the day after I ordered more oil the reading bounced back to almost full again. I cannot stress what hassle and angst this has caused, the thought it had been pilfered is not good especially when we have just moved in to a new area.

Andyr's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2011

same happens on ours - not cheap either it cost us 50 or 80euro as much as I can remember, the gauge is always showing less one minute and then more another time.

Landyann's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2014

I'm having the same problem, only installed 6 weeks ago and showing just 3 bars left which is making me panic!!

“My Apollo display gauge failed to work after 18 months. ”

written by on 18/10/2010

My Apollo display gauge failed to work after 18 months.
I got intouch with Dunraven who asked that I return the Display gauge and the green rocket.
I did this and within a week received a new one.
It was also easy to install.
I cannot fault Dunraven for their prompt exchange

“ At the time when the unit is most needed to work it...”

written by on 06/01/2010

At the time when the unit is most needed to work it failed due to cold weather and I am spending time out in the snow dipping the tank. As things are at the moment I don't like anything about the unit.

“Had problems 'setting' up this new equipment. Dunraven...”

written by on 11/12/2009

Had problems 'setting' up this new equipment. Dunraven responded to all my e-mails within a couple of hours...When i was still 'struggling' offered to 'sort it out' for me.. Sent item back to Irelend they replaced the transmitter with the latest update, set it up and sent it back all within ten days and all at 'no charge'
I can only say my service from them has been excellent.. i have got say the setup instructions were clear, the problem seems to have been with a slight component fault

“Dunraven Systems Limited - Apollo Electronic Tank...”

written by on 05/07/2009

Dunraven Systems Limited - Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge display unit failed after 12 months. Lucky to find a dealer. Replacement price include whole the whole unit. Only want the display unit.

“My Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge Went Wrong...”

written by stu3 on 19/03/2008

My Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge Went Wrong After 6 Months, Dunraven Systems Limited Will Not Respond To Emails
No backup service.
Do Not Waste Your Money, Do not buy one!

“need to sort out this problem of aftersales, it may...”

written by sandrag on 05/02/2008

need to sort out this problem of aftersales, it may only be a slight error on our part. We need to know.

“As a homeowner who is dependent upon oil heating,...”

written by ajmitchell on 28/08/2006

As a homeowner who is dependent upon oil heating, every couple of months I always found myself running out of oil. I came across the Apollo Electronic Tank Contents Gauge at a country show a year or so ago, and despite the best intentions, I never quite got around to buying one. But after running out of oil for the second time this year, I managed to track the product down on the web.

The Apollo itself consists of a transmitter and receiver. The transmitter is fitted to the top of the tank (just drill a hole) and measures the level of fuel remaining inside. This information is then transmitted to the receiver unit which plugs into a standard domestic socket, where the information is displayed on an easy to read LCD display, allowing you to check the level inside your tank, without having to go outside.

Asked by waltonj on 27th March 2015 Report this content
We have an Apollo sensor fitted to our oil tank. This was fitted in June 2013 and has worked extremely well until now.  I think it needs re-calibrating as although the sensor is flashing it's not registering the correct information. Since the problem started a few days ago I have had a fresh oil delivery, have replaced the little battery in the rocket shaped ultrasonic "doofer" inside the tank and also cleaned away the white residue from the rocket base. I am at a loss as to what is wrong. Can anyone help?

Asked by rowan.bradley on 7th February 2015 Report this content
I have one of the original Apollo Ultrasonic Oil Level Monitors. Can anyone tell me how to get inside the receiver, which is integrated with a mains plug? It is in what appears to be a two part plastic case, but I can't see any way of getting the two halves apart. I have tried a little force, but nothing seems to move. I don't really want to have to hack-saw it apart. Thanks

Asked by bellbottom on 16th November 2014 Report this content
Just had my tank filled, the "rocket" indicates full but the plug in monitor in the house shows one bar and a flashing triangle. Replaced the sender battery (was 5 years old), but no improvement. Could the tank be over full so there is no "echo" to transmit?

Asked by markheath on 28th January 2014 Report this content
I've synced the green rocket & receiver, but I don't know what to do with the wire coming off the rocket? Do I lower it inside the tank with the oil? I realise to people who know it may sound like a dumb question, but its the only thing not in the instructions! Your help would be greatly appreciated!