MP3 Sugar www.mp3sugar.com Reviews

2.5
  • Quantity Of Music

• Ease Of Use

MP3 Sugar www.mp3sugar.com - Ask a question now

“Unlike others on here I have never had a problem with...”

written by victor1159 on 28/08/2008

Unlike others on here I have never had a problem with my money being reflected in my account when I added it. I have used this site for 3 years or so and used to have great luck with it. In the past several months I have noticed that the site was only updated once. For the past month or so I have not been able to log on at all. Sadly I think my time with this site is over. I have received a lot of music from them for very little money. It was sweet while it lasted.

“This place was great. Now its not. Ive had the same...”

written by on 16/08/2008

This place was great. Now its not. Ive had the same thing that other users wrote about. After about 10-15 positive transactions, I added funds to my acct, was charged, and it never appeared.

Ive written them about 3 times asking what i should do, offering them the receipt.

Not a reply ever.

Do not use, until more positive reviews are added.

Another problem - I like all kinds of music, but this place prioritizes in rock and all sub genres of rock.

Not a bad thing.

But their hip hop and reggae sections are pretty pathetic.

you'll find yourself saying:
"you dont have THIS but you have every grand funk railroad album ever made?"

“Used to work just fine.. however for me it just added...”

written by on 18/05/2008

Used to work just fine.. however for me it just added funding to my account as far as I am concerned. Money was drawn on credit card - but never appeared on account in my opinion?! And as far as I am aware after several mails to tech support I have not yet had a reply. It is not reliable enough for me due to my experience therefore I do not recommend mp3sugar.com..

“This is my pick for music downloads and I have tried 4...”

written by on 18/03/2008

This is my pick for music downloads and I have tried 4 others and just can't afford to pay what they are asking. You don't have to have your credit card on file, just when you are ready to purchase you need it. You do need to spend $19.95 or $34.95 (which you get $10.00 extra songs) and then your music picks are deducted from that. I have downloaded hundreds of songs in the past year and a half. At 18cents per song, it's easily done.

“Then Credit card was excepted, and then as far as I am...”

written by on 02/03/2008

Then Credit card was excepted, and then as far as I am aware they wouldn't allow us to download.

We decided even with the cheap downloads, it wasn't worth the risk to buy more. We never received a response back on our problems downloading. I do not recommend MP3 Sugar.

“I signed up for an account then added $34.95 (plus a...”

written by on 09/02/2008

I signed up for an account then added $34.95 (plus a supposed $10.00 bonus, for a total of $44.95) to it. Well, I PAID to have that added to it. The credit did not appear on my mp3sugar.com account. They have an FAQ for just the problem (hmmm... I guess it happens often). I sent an email to mp3sugar.com, but it BOUNCED! I guess live and learn. Now... Do I WANT to call my credit card company and contest the charge? "Uh, sir, what was this charge for? Music of questionable legality?"

“Easy to use, cheaper than the other sites and no...”

written by shle896 on 15/10/2007

Easy to use, cheaper than the other sites and no program or software to download. You just choose what you want to download by either album or individual song and go from there. You can also listen to any song or album you like before you buy and download it. I LOVE this site and its the only place (aside from Limewire) that I get music from.

I want to tell everyone about it, but I also kind of want to keep it to myself because its a great little secret that a relative few know about (especially here in the States).

“Since I stopped using allofmp3, MP3 Sugar has been...”

written by RobR on 18/07/2007

Since I stopped using allofmp3, MP3 Sugar has been a wonderful replacement. I found it after reading the review at http://www.songboom.com - it helped me decide for allofmp3 over the alternatives.

“This site couldn't be simpler to use.. and I like...”

written by shle896 on 03/07/2007

This site couldn't be simpler to use.. and I like that there are no monthly fees or bulky programs to load up when I want to access it. I LOVE it and its the primary place I buy my music.

“Revised review of 28apr2007: ”

written by Iaincheck on 12/05/2007

Revised review of 28apr2007:

MP3SUGAR.COM have replied b email indicating they had a database problem and have taken this long to deal with the backlog of issues: purchases failed can be reapplied for or refund requested by email.

I have since returned to the site and REPURCHASED what originally failed.

Sure enough I have received the music I wanted, at a stonkingly LOW price.

“I used MP3 Sugar for nearly a year without problem....”

written by kyliesfanclub on 09/05/2007

I used MP3 Sugar for nearly a year without problem. Then suddenly (and suspiciously) after crediting my account with 30 pounds I am unable to download music. The home page comes up no problem, and occasionally lets me sign in, but a couple of clicks later and it's jammed up and useless.

I have sent many messages to the support email with no luck. They insist everything is fine. Clearly not.

“Paid to have account - first used maestro which it...”

written by Iaincheck on 28/04/2007

Paid to have account - first used maestro which it rejected, then mastercard. It assumes you want to pay the higher rate, so I changed that, then once I had done that went to choose and download mp3 tracks. Tracks failed to download on MAC, each browser download window indicated the listed file did not exist. If this is not the case, and there was a technical hitch, I will issue a correction to this review.

Iaincheck's Response to Iaincheck's Review

Written on: 12/05/2007

Revised review of 28apr2007:
<br/>
<br/>MP3SUGAR.COM have replied by email indicating they had a database problem and have taken this long to deal with the backlog of issues: purchases failed can be reapplied for or refund requested by email.
<br/>
<br/>I have since returned to the site and REPURCHASED what originally failed.
<br/>
<br/>Sure enough I have received the music I wanted, at a stonkingly LOW price.
<br/>
<br/>It remains to be seen what the result will be of my request for refund from the original failed purchase...

“MP3 Sugar is a good music download site, that most...”

written by ir1234567 on 23/10/2006

MP3 Sugar is a good music download site, that most will find meets their needs. The price of the downloads is next to nothing, which allows you to take a chance on music that you normally may pass by.

“The price is awesome. The MP3 Sugar music download...”

written by Xbot on 25/08/2006

The price is awesome. The MP3 Sugar music download website is awesome, and the only nice feature missing would be a ZIP by album feature. ID3 tags are included too, which is a plus. I can't imagine paying $15 for an album anymore.