Sharp FVDB2ES Reviews

Sharp FVDB2ES - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sharp FVDB2ES

Sharp FVDB2ES
Sharp FVDB2ES

“My Sharp FVDB2ES radio was a gift and so I've not been...”

written by on 05/03/2009

My Sharp FVDB2ES radio was a gift and so I've not been able to return it to store. It looks good and has solid quality but my DAB stopped working fairly soon.

“The first Sharp FVDB2ES DAB digital radio didn't...”

written by qwertyloop on 29/08/2006

The first Sharp FVDB2ES DAB digital radio didn't receive DAB in the kitchen, and the FM radio picked up several stations simultaneously. The display was unreadable from above. The replacement unit works in the kitchen, and the display is much better. However, the FM reception is bad if used upstairs, where the sound of a local station clashes with all other stations. The DAB tuner stopped working after a few days, spending an eternity with "tuning..." on the display. Pulling out and reinstalling the AA memory backup batteries fixed this, but wiped all my presets. I'm disappointed with this product.

“At £55 + delivery from Empire Direct it seemed too...”

written by qwertyloop on 21/08/2006

At £55 + delivery from Empire Direct it seemed too good to be true, and it probably is. I am hoping the replacement unit will receive FM and DAB radio better. The DAB radio makes a garbled noise in my kitchen. Upstairs it works much better, but thats not where I want to use it. FM reception is really bad, with no radio 1, 2, 3, or 4 just a mashup of several stations simultaneously. There should be no reception problems in Bristol. The lovely blue backlit LCD can not be read from above while the unit is on a table, so you have to either sit down or tilt the radio up when changing stations. I assume the set is faulty and hope the replacement fixes these problems.