AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L Reviews

AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L

AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L
AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L

“I paid £35.67 plus postage for this player from...”

Written on: 24/04/2004 by bonzobanana (10 reviews written)

I paid £35.67 plus postage for this player from dabs.com in the uk. I ordered something else so sharing the postage between the two items I paid about £38 for it.

The AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L DVD player is fairly thin but covers a wide area. Build quality is good. Styling is very pleasant. It has the standard chinese cheap LED display which is single colour and has a segmented circle on the left that is animated while playing discs. On low cost players you either get this type of LED… Read Full Review

“The AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L DVD Player is an...”

Written on: 31/03/2004 by michbur (1 review written)

The AMW (Ronin Media Works) P80L DVD Player is an excellent machine and great value for money ! go and buy it !… Read Full Review

“I have now purchased a AMW P80L DVD Player from Dabs...”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by McKiltie (1 review written)

I have now purchased a AMW P80L DVD Player from Dabs and it arrived last Monday. As I read the instruction book I had a major concern as it said that you should not connect the player to a video deck. If you do noise may appear in the picture. Since I wish to transfer my home video DVDs to tape for friends this was a major problem.

However, I did connect a video deck and everything worked well. There is no noise that I can see.

So far I am very pleased with my purchase… Read Full Review

“After my Arianet 2255 gave up the ghost (see...”

Written on: 30/12/2003 by garchunlee (16 reviews written)

After my Arianet 2255 gave up the ghost (see http://www.reviewcentre.com/review30295.html for full review) I returned the product and got myself a replacement (£55-70).

This is a slim line sliver machine with a mirrored front panel. At approximately 6cm in thickness and auto play's all types of different formats including DVD-Audio with all the usual connections, but as usual only one scart socket.

This AMW player (Amphion Media Works) is rather odd in the sense that it is made by the same… Read Full Review

Tonyloz's Response to garchunlee's Review

Written on: 30/01/2004

This machine is available from dabs.com and is sold as the Dabs Value P80L I've ony had it two days but it sems to have a cracking picture and adjustments.

Tonyloz's Response to garchunlee's Review

Written on: 05/03/2004

I\'ve successfully played my back up dvd movies on it which are recorded on ritek DVD+R with no problem.haven\'t tried RW\'s.however some of these players have to have a firmware upgrade to be mutiregion (mine\'s one) from roninhacks.shacknet.nu

Barbietop's Response to garchunlee's Review

Written on: 03/03/2004

Has anyone successfully played DVD+RW\'s on this machine? It seemes so versatile I thought it would cope, but had no success when I tried some.

Bonzobanana's Response to garchunlee's Review

Written on: 23/02/2004

Can someone confirm if this model has scart rgb output as the what video review states it doesn't. Thanks in advance.

Mckiltie's Response to garchunlee's Review

Written on: 22/02/2004

Very helpful. I am now going to buy one!
<br>Thanks for your comments