Borovets, Samokov Hotel Reviews

Borovets, Samokov Hotel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Borovets, Samokov Hotel

Borovets, Samokov Hotel

“I took my son to kindergarten at the Samokov which was...”

Written on: 23/02/2009 by sputnik69 (1 review written)

I took my son to kindergarten at the Samokov which was quite a distance from the Olymp but at least a downhill walk. I felt the instructor there was a nightmare and never seemed to smile. I went back to collect my son early on the first day, apparently he had spent most of the day colouring pictures indoors in a room that looked out onto a stone wall. In my opinion the outdoor play area was minimal with a rotating gadget that the children could walk round pushing, it seemed to me like it was… Read Full Review

“The hotel was really tired and could do with a...”

Written on: 05/01/2009 by cashier (1 review written)

The hotel was really tired and could do with a complete overall as could the staff, who were not particularly interested or friendly. The food was awful cold and tasteless. The rooms were shabby and bedding to match… Read Full Review

“Stayed in borovets 6 times now and going back to do a...”

Written on: 14/06/2008

Stayed in borovets 6 times now and going back to do a season there, the samakov hotel is fine but we found the rila to be slightly better and the iglika palace to be the best for us.
the food is not british they serve food cool and very different.
At all the hotels i pay half board and always eat in the hotels with no problem.
If you wish to have really nice food and a really flash hotel then pay through the nose and go to an expensive resort .

If you want a relaxed winter holiday and don't… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“All, in all the resort is ok, the skiing is fine at...”

Written on: 16/03/2008 by Dougbishop (1 review written)

All, in all the resort is ok, the skiing is fine at the top of the gondala, but it could do with some chair lifts rather than long button lifts. Eating out is ok, a lot of places to dine-no high quality, but reasonably priced. This was our first and last time to visit Bulgaria, it is low priced but you get what you pay for, if you can afford a bit more then avoid Borovets… Read Full Review

“I recently stayed at the Hotel Samokov for a week...”

Written on: 07/02/2008 by NiciJ (7 reviews written)

I recently stayed at the Hotel Samokov for a week (20th-27th Jan 2008) in Borovetz, Bulgaria for a skiing holiday, and I had a great time!!

I booked with Balkan Holidays and while the price was fairly competitive, our "direct flight" from Edinburgh, Scotland to Plovdiv, was altered shortly after booking, and we were advised that our outward flight was to "touch down" in East Humberside. In the actual event, our flight from Edinburgh was delayed by over three hours, and when we landed at… Read Full Review