Endsleigh Car Insurance Reviews

Endsleigh Car Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Endsleigh Car Insurance

“Beware Extortionate Fees!!!”

written by TiggerNik on 09/05/2019

Cancelled my policy with almost 6 months left to run on it and had made no claims, as sold car and would not be getting another one. Was told I had £89 to be returned but they would be charging me £75 cancellation fee!! Terrible company, would never use again, and advising all my friends and family not to use them as well!!! No log in details for their site so therefore never saw any policies!!

“Cancellation fee”

written by Harry0001 on 19/04/2018

I had six months left on my car insurance, rang to cancel to be told with the cancellation fee of £75 I owed them money. I will vote with my feet and never use again. I also tried twice to access my policy online but had forgotten my password, both my password reset requests via e mail were ignored

“Shocking CAR insurance outfit - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

written by on 24/10/2017

I had assumed the other reviews on here and on Trustpilot must have been made up, until I tried to make a change to a policy myself!! I'm guessing they are very careful who they ask for reviews on REEVO, as there's such a discrepancy between their paid-for review site, and what it freely available elsewhere... I rang to advise that I wanted to cancel my car policy 4 weeks before the end date - having paid IN FULL A YEAR IN ADVANCE - and did so mainly out of courtesy and to keep my paperwork straight. At which point they decided to charge me a £75 cancellation charge, despite the fact that if I'd just left it to expire they'd have been none the wiser. Obviously I refused to pay it, and thought no more of it. But they weren't done. Oh no sir - there was a pound of flesh still to be had that they weren't letting go of; so I then get a letter saying that "with regret" they'd had to cancel my policy. All good so far you'd think...but then the sting... that in future I'll have to "advise any new insurer that you had a policy cancelled or refused,...AND THIS IS A MATERIAL FACT..." So basically blackmailing me that if I ever wanted to be able to answer that question honestly, I'd knacker myself for getting insurance in the future, as THEY had cancelled the policy as if I'd done something wrong. That just so plumbs the depths of unethical behaviour that it's just unbelieveable. Watch out for the response from some Endsleigh drone below, who I know will come back and justify it all along the lines that "the terms and conditions are clear....I wonder how £75 for simply clicking a button, when they've already had all their commission from the premium for 361 weeks, is remotely equitable or reasonable. But I had no option but to pay up, so I did. You've seen it all here in replies to other reviews, and all in their own words - effectively "screw you all. We're just going to take your money so bend over and suck it up..." so I encourage you to make your own decision to not touch them with a bargepole. The T&Cs are clear, they have no interest in Customer Service or fairness at all, and will coerce you into paying up no matter what, by threatening to blackball you on the shared insurance company system which is rapidly becoming an industry stitch up. Up to you, but I know I will never place any business with them ever again, as a matter of principle.

“9 years with endsleigh”

written by AndreReilly on 17/10/2017

Roughly £700 to insure a poxy Nissan Micra 2001 when I've had 9 years no claims. Got my renewal with them through, its gone up by £200 coming into around £700 to insure my car for a year. The lady on the phone blamed it on tax rises which there have been, but not 200 pounds worth of tax rises. Did a comparison on gocompare and got quoted £310 by a rival company and most of the others barely broke into the £400 mark. I've basically been rewarded for spending 9 years with the company during college and university with a £200 rise. Most insurers reward you by staying with them and not claiming, I feel like I'm being punished by upping it £200. And the original £500 that I payed last year still wasn't competitive anyway.

“Cancellation fee”

written by 354Lyons on 22/01/2017

So I bought a new car over Christmas, got a good deal from a new insurer and called Endsleigh yesterday to cancel my previous policy. Well they charged me £75 just to cancel and blamed ME for not letting them quote on a new vehicle (despite comparison websites putting them much more expensive than others). I can understand if I just wanted to switch but I having bought a new car I consider it extortion to keep business rather than allowing customers to make an informed decision. I will never deal with Endsleigh again nor recommend them to anyone I know.

“The Pitts”

written by on 29/07/2016

The worst customer service ever. No one calls back when promised.when asked to speak to manager I was told that they were all at lunch, I think the whole company is at lunch. When ask for contact number for managing director was told one wasn't available. Will not be renewing my polices again with this lot.

“New Car Insurance”

written by on 26/05/2016

Decided to downgrade our Car. Found the car we wanted, 2 months left on old car insurance which runs out in Aug. To start a new car insurance from June with the new car was going to cost me £90 to get out of the old insurance plus obviously the new years insurance. Two months insurance only costs me £60 on the old car. Decided to keep the old car until Aug then start a new Insurance on the new car. Been driving 35 Years and have over 10 years no claims. Absolutely shocked when they came back with a quote for £981 for a year. Questioned if this was a mistake and told no it was correct? All I can say is Endsleigh must have some rich students on their books. Needless to say the offer was not taken up on. Have however been in touch with Watchdog to see if they are interested in running it as a story.

“Avoid making car insurance this endsleigh ”

written by Ialan10 on 21/05/2016

Worst insurance I ever had. Don't know how to deal with claims very un professionall. Leave everything to Last minute don't inform you on anything and made some fraud mistakes. Beaware of this company they just want your money. This is not a professional insurance company don't know how to deal in this sector. Should of looked at people's reviews before opening car insurance with them. Avoid! Opening car inruance with endsleigh.

“RUBBISHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! never take our car insurance...”

written by yasmin1906 on 20/05/2016

RUBBISHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! never take our car insurance with this company, EVER! I plead!!!!! A false claim was made against me, a lady falsely accused me of damaging her car on the A41, and Endsleigh payed out money to the third party without my permission and took liability for something that i DID NOT DO!!!!!! A false claim was made against me, i had a new car and new insurance policy at with another company at the time. i received a call from endsleigh telling me that i had been in a car collision and that i needed to write a report of what happened. i wrote a report of what happened, where i changed lanes and this lady falsely accused me of damaging her car at 50mph, when i did not touch her car!!!!!!!!!!!! endsleigh payed out to the womans insurance company, and admitted to liability, even though i provided them with pictures of my car and the womans car!!!! they owed me £300 as i had previously payed for my insurance upfront for the year and essentially didnt want to pay out any money further and therefore i lost out on my refund and they didnt not take matters any further or to court, as they did not want to dispute this any further. essentially, i lost a refund, and my no claims because they payed out to a false claim and admitted liability without my consent. RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they wanted £600, when i bought my new car, to add to my current insurance policy!!!! good for new customers, BAD for anything else. i would have rather payed more with another insurance company and have been covered and protected and fought for, for a non fault insurance claim.

E111's Response to yasmin1906's Review

Written on: 09/02/2017

I don't know this reviewer but this review and the fact that no one from Endsleigh has replied to it yet, persuaded me to not take the risk of dealing with Endsleigh !

“can you imagine trying to make a claim”

written by Jagger134 on 19/05/2016

policy up £200 on renewal and can not explain why, online £353 cheaper!spoke on phone and it has gone up £50 more than online.they then say that is the best they can do and then wonder why you do not want to use them anymore.got another price elswhere and now the savings are a massive £413 so goodbye endsliegh after many years.really bad customer service they do not care,glad i never had to make a claim that would have cost me i`m sure.shop around!

“DISGUSTING INSURANCE BROKER”

written by Sarahls1988 on 18/05/2016

I am with this company, at first I had no problems. When I renewed my insurance I stated my job had changed which was to my knowledge dealt with. A few months later I rang to change my car. Got told my job had not been changed so I was charged £60. I changed my car on the Friday, which the whole of it took over an hour with me being put on hold several times! by the Monday I still hadn't had my insurance certificates so I rang back up to be told my car had not been changed over and my insurance was still on my old car! I stated I wanted my direct debit to go out on the 29th of each month to which they took it on the 14th leaving me with no money. When I rang up I got told that I was wrong and I didn't ask for the 29th which I know I did as all my bills go out same day when I get paid. Absolutely disgusted with the customer service & can't wait to leave and go to another insurer! Do not use this company!!! Rating - 0/10 Recommend? NO !

“Dishonest money grabbers ”

written by Ashleyofarrell on 04/05/2016

i cancelled my car insurance before the renewal date. I found another company and not long after Endsleigh take money with no permission from my bank for car insurance which I already cancelled . When I called them about this the staff I speak to were very rude and arrogant telling me I did not cancel the insurance , and was I confused maybe I thought I did when I didn't ? I was mocked on the phone and spoke to with a very patronising detached tone of voice. Each time I called them I ended the call being told the car insurance was cancelled . This was a total of 8 calls on 8 separate days . But it wasn't cancelled at all . Each time I continued to call again and again I was told there was no record of the cancellation and I had never ever called them . I have these called logged on my phone bill in black and white. I was also interrogated as to why I wanted to cancel by pushy staff on the phone . I was lied to constantly , made out a liar continuously and stolen from .

“This joke of a company don't even deserve an award of...”

written by jkHenry297 on 22/04/2016

This joke of a company don't even deserve an award of 1 star. I was given a quote for my car insurance renewal, which I decided to cancel as it was nearly 4 times the amount I was currently paying. I called Endsleigh to cancel the insurance and was told by 2 different staff members on the same phone call my insurance was definitely cancelled. Weeks later I received an email thanking me for renewing my insurance with them! I was horrified. I called them right away and was assured the policy had definitely been cancelled. Now a month down the line I have discovered to my utter DISGUST Endsleigh have been helping themselves to my bank account !!! I contacted them asking what is going on , I cancelled this policy over a month ago and was assured by 3 different people it was certainly cancelled. The phone call lasted 16 minutes. 14 minutes of that time I was on hold whilst the person taking my call went back and forth to her supervisor as she clearly didn't know her job. the outcome was they told me I had never cancelled the policy , there was no records of me ever phoning them . I told them I have the records on my phone ? I have been insured by another company since I cancelled the Endsleigh insurance , why would I insure my car with 2 different companies that does not make any sense whatsoever? The phone call was a waste of time. Nobody listened to me and they blatently lied to me on the phone. I would not advise anybody to go with this company as I fear 40 years from now I will still be fighting to cancel this policy . The staff are not trained in how to communicate clearly and effectively with their customers. They are Inexperienced and do not know what they are doing. 3 call handlers assured me this policy was cancelled and it was on their system. Yet they are unhealthily attached to me and refuse to let me go. Liars and rip off merchants who hold their previous customers prisoner and refuse to release them

“Awful Dreadful Service”

written by on 01/04/2016

Lease car unusable from flood damage on Boxing Day 2015. Given run around for 13 weeks before they decide to write the car off and deal direct with lease company. Endsleigh agree matter had taken for too long to resolve but reimburse lease payments as requsted? - No. Take far too long to respond. Someone different everytime you call in and then have to go through the whole history of the matter again. Response from BMW on the day outstanding. They paid for taxi to drive my wife and I £180 miles to get home. I will never use Endsleigh for anything.

“Daughters on the phone to them right now”

written by 181MacKenzie on 31/03/2016

My daughter lives in the middle of nowhere 6 months pregnant and has had car stolen. Police have recovered but its not drivable. Will she get a courtesy car. I am waiting for daughter to call back with a yes. Looks like its a NO. I was really hoping i could write a positive review but sadly most people on here were right.

“Very poor customer service ”

written by 405Marshall on 21/03/2016

Had a non-fault damage to my car whilst it my parked on the roadside (collateral damage in a collision between two other drivers). Endsleigh refused to provide replacement car (despite having a comprehensive cover and police giving them third party details to claim the loss from the third party insurer) until my car is assessed by their approved garage for repair costs and they reach a decision on whether it should be a write off - this process took nearly two weeks and no replacement car while I waited. Staff are very unhelpful and continued to misinform me saying that a replacwment car is only provided only when the repairs being done...I later found out after getting independant advise that replacement car should have been provided during the waiting period when the repairs assessment was being done. Raised a complaint but they still continued to ignore it - never came across an insurance company that is this unhelpful in the past...big mistake to have gone with Endsleigh last year. Will be cancelling my insurance cover with them.

“They caused more damage! ”

written by Jarony433 on 21/03/2016

Had my accident on the 1st of December 2015, car was declared a write off within 3 days and collected by the scrap yard. After contacting to see if I could get a second opinion, photos were sent to me and I sawhat more damage was sustained to the sill of the car. 2 months were spent arguing, which is very costly and I was never offered a hire car during the period that was elongated because of themselves. Finally they agreed they had caused the damage however they haven't offered compensation and I now have to go through with a write off claim for a 63 reg 2.0tdi VW Golf. Needless to say, I am incredibly annoyed and would never recommend this company to anybody.

“Endsleigh insurance took over a month to send me a...”

written by AylaNelson on 16/03/2016

Endsleigh insurance took over a month to send me a cheque after i have agreed an amount with them after a claim. they kept blaming the post but i kept getting renewal letters (i.e. 8 renewal letters a month) I eventually compalained anf they said they will do a bank transfer. i am 5 days in and there is no transfer made to me. Staff are rude and they become hostile to you when you need them to come to your rescue after an accident.

“INSURANCE PREMIUM GOES UP FROM £220 TO £600 IN ONE YEAR.”

written by rsGarrett263 on 10/03/2016

I came to these and insured for 1 year at £220. after 1 year, no change in circumstances the renewal is £600 as they don specialise in teachers anymore. what a load of rubbish. It took them 26 minutes to answer the phone.

“Shocking Service”

written by Cristinam1990 on 11/02/2016

I've been a customer for 2/3 years now at endlseigh. Only had one speeding conviction and coming up to renewal they have doubled my premium. Spoke to many "call center" staff and they were unhelpful with their services..especially the last person I spoke to. The manger at the time was very unreasonable and wouldn't do anything with the price. Looks like they don't believe in loyal customers! To all..stay clear of this insurance company!!!

Asked by Julie1234556 on 18th November 2015 Report this content
Am I covered for wrong fuel?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by mobeen123 on 4th February 2015 Report this content
I have a policy with Endsleigh Car Insurance. I am looking for another vehicle that I would like to take a policy out, but with another insurance company that I have a quote for. Is that possible?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site