Goldsmiths, University Of London Reviews - www.goldsmiths.ac.uk

• IT Facilities

• Libraries

• Nightlife

• Societies & Clubs

“Don't go to Goldsmiths!”

Written on: 28/10/2016 by SadStudent (1 review written)

Ever since applying to study MA social research at Goldsmiths University, I have experienced problems. Firstly, the level of support provided is very weak. Disabled student's support didn't know I had Autism even though I'd declared it when I applied. Right now, I can't get anyone to sign my DSA form. Nobody replies to emails and I'm constantly told that the university is too busy to deal with me. The taught sessions are also quite poor. Each session is 3 hours long, which is far too long to… Read Full Review

“I would like to put forward my views to balance out...”

Written on: 17/01/2011

I would like to put forward my views to balance out the negative views of others. I am having the time of my life at this university. There is fantastic diversity amongst my classmates, the class is only about 50% white, amongst which you have students ranging from true working class to middle class to upper class, english to austrian, aged 22 to 40. The other 50% are black and have the same age and class diversity, but also around half are from west african or caribbean nations. And these… Read Full Review

“This has been my experience at Goldsmiths University ”

Written on: 29/11/2007 by Nerd101 (1 review written)

This has been my experience at Goldsmiths University

Lack of facilities: classes were cancelled on many occasions due to lack of classrooms. When we were lucky enough to have a class room the facilities were horrible cramped and did not adequate heating. Some of our lectures were held in classrooms with not enough seats and students sat on the floor.

No diversity: the campus I found was very middle class.

Poor teaching: a week an assignment was due we received guidance as to how the… Read Full Review

348478_Sugga's Response to Nerd101's Review

Written on: 01/03/2008

I found this review helpful because... it highlights some really important issues and at the end of the day why pay all that money if you don't get a chance to improve yourself and learn new skills.
The university has an obligation towards it's students in terms of proper facilities and creating an enviroment that promotes learning, talents and skills ... I suppose that is why Oxford graduates land the plump roles.

Read 1 Comment

“Goldsmiths is my second university, after quitting a...”

Written on: 13/08/2006 by RonnyRabbit (1 review written)

Goldsmiths is my second university, after quitting a certain South West university last year. I felt I defiantly made the right choice, but I also felt that I probably could have stayed at the other university if I... A) Made the right choice in the fist place, and B) Stuck to what I was doing and held my head up.

The best piece of advice I could give is that you need to make the right choices with your courses. If you're not 100% sure, don't do it! Secondly, University is what you make of it… Read Full Review