Outback Excel 200 Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“dont buy one”

Written on: 11/12/2013

The gas burner is very poor quality, which corroded in less than two seasons despite being under cover when not in use. Found out that Outback are the only spares supplier but charge £25 to post a new replacement burner one to my house. The replacement burner itself is only £34, totally disgusted… Read Full Review

“Good Value BUT”

Written on: 24/06/2012

Good looking and stylist, excellent Value,instructions very clear but not at all easy to put together, parts difficult to get to, very easy for small Chinese fingers, but took two of us nearly a day with breaks before job completed, at times wished we had not purchased it. Sorry but have to say I have put many BBQ'S together having having having worked in a Gardening Department at work but this was the most frustrating by a long, long way!… Read Full Review

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

“I bought an Outback Excel 200 in 2007. Until now I had...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I bought an Outback Excel 200 in 2007. Until now I had been well pleased with it but when I used it on the Royal Wedding day I discovered that the burner was completely corroded and in a dangerous state. It has had limited use over 4 seasons and has been well looked after. When not in use it is kept covered and in a dry shed. Cost of replacing the burner (if they had one in stock) is nearly £50 so I think a better option will be to buy a replacement in my local DIY store. £150 for 4 year's use… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2012

I agree - my experiance of an Excel 300 (same as 200 but has a side burner - waste of space!) is the same as this. It has had limited use over 2 years but the body is now rusting rapidly inside and the burner has rusted right through.
I can't bring myself to be ripped of for another cheap quality but expensively priced burner so I'm investigating a 4 burner fully stainless steel bbq fof £190 on ebay. If it lasts 4 years I'll have come out better off than buying one of these bean cans!

Read 1 Comment