Acrylic Nails Reviews

• Durability

Acrylic Nails - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acrylic Nails

Acrylic Nails

“I have acrylic nails done every month and i love them....”

written by on 04/01/2010

I have acrylic nails done every month and i love them. they are strong long lasting and look lovely. At the moment i pay approx £15.00 as i have infills but if i needed a full set of acrylics with tips if my nails are short then it will cost me approx 25-30 pounds. Although i do recommend to anyone who needs nail extensions to have white ones not clear, as i dont rate the white airbrushing. I think this doesnt last as it comes off around the edges of the nail and it also gets a yellowish tinge to it after a certain period of time, and even more if you are a smoker!

There are so many different designs/colours to choose and the nail art is amazing and i often get lots of comments at work at how pretty they are. And they make me feel more femine too.

They last me about 4/5 weeks but i do think that this can vary from person to person as everyones nails are different and grow at different speeds. Also my job doesnt interfer with them too much although it did take me a while to get used to typing with them when i had my first set.

Once important thing I would say is check out a few salons before commiting to doing this as i have had the odd dodgey set done by a different salon and the nails looked like spades on the end of my fingers and were very uneven!

“I absoulutly love having my nails done, and at mint...”

written by Cady V on 01/05/2009

I absoulutly love having my nails done, and at mint nails where i have them done they get on with it and my nails lasted well over a month and was really impressed for £25. Although i do want to try gel nails but i am too scared to try them, lol. Because i am so used to havin the acrylic i don't want to be unimpressed.

“I love acrylic nails, they last very long, unlike gel...”

written by on 27/11/2008

I love acrylic nails, they last very long, unlike gel or fiberglass! Had acrylic nales for the last 3 years now, my own nails grow very fast under the acrylic!! It looks great!!!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/09/2011

HI, THINKING ABOUT HAVING ACRYLIC NAILS,COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT BRAND YOUR NAIL TECH USES AS I KNOW THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT MAKES AND AREN'T ALL THE SAME? HOPE YOU CAN HELP

Read 1 Comment

“Didn't last over a weekend for me, one came off after...”

written by paula b on 02/10/2008

Didn't last over a weekend for me, one came off after 3 days, after a week they looked tatty, now has fluffy etc under false nails and they now start half way up my own nail.

Is this a normal thing to happen to the nails or have I just had a bad experience, how long should they last surely longer than one week?

“Acrylic Nails are a great product, just make sure you...”

written by jolulham on 03/07/2008

Acrylic Nails are a great product, just make sure you understand there are bad technicians using wrong products.

461191_Karina24's Response to jolulham's Review

Written on: 18/05/2009

A good nail technician can decide themselves with what kind of files to work - hand or drill! Because good nail technician will don't do the damage to the nail with drill.

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“These nails are bad! They chip off and they look good...”

written by on 05/06/2008

These nails are bad! They chip off and they look good at first but after a few days then they look horrible they are yellow and they start to chip.

“I would be very hard with my nails and keep them quite...”

written by sueellen on 18/03/2008

I would be very hard with my nails and keep them quite long and can manage to do every thing with them.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have done gel nails myself and see these to be a...”

written by on 05/03/2008

I have done gel nails myself and see these to be a better option than the acrylic nails. I have always found that false nails look a lot more striking that natural nails and the polish stays on a lot longer, having naturally long nails i always strayed from the idea of having them done, however my friend did the course and needed practice so i let her do them for me.

“Having my nails done makes such a difference to my...”

written by ravii on 18/11/2007

Having my nails done makes such a difference to my general appearance. It makes me look smarter and makes me feel more feminine

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Acrylic Nails that I had done were terrible. They...”

written by nailartbad on 04/01/2007

The Acrylic Nails that I had done were terrible. They were thick and straight. No time or care was taken. A true waste of money.

“I have only had my nails done at this particular salon...”

written by viking06 on 09/08/2006

I have only had my nails done at this particular salon once, the treatment only took one hour so I was rather impressed, as it normally takes longer than this. The staff were perfectly friendly and welcoming and I was seen to straight away, again as a walk in appointment. (I had gone in an hour earlier but they were quite busy so told me it would be an hours wait, they took my name in the book and I went off and did some shopping for another hour and then went back, but as stated above once I had got there the hour later I was seen to immediately) My nails did look nice and I was pleased with them. However after about 3 weeks the side of some of the nails started to appear a lot weaker and the white acrylic looked more yellow than white.
I was quite impressed with these nails however, id only advise going here if you just want your nails on for a short time, maybe for a special occasion such as a wedding or going on holiday as they weren't very resilient for day to day. In spite of this I would recommend Nail city, as it's a pleasant salon and although it's in the city centre the prices are reasonable.