Orlando Sanford Airport Reviews

Orlando Sanford Airport - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Orlando Sanford Airport

Orlando Sanford Airport

“NO COMPLAINTS”

Written on: 26/07/2012 by Scotsontour (1 review written)

I booked a Dodge for 3 weeks via Netflights. Price was great £595 Fully fuelled. When I discovered it was with budget, I read several reviews which made me panic!!! But can honestly say, even though I was fully prepared for all the mentioned overcharging and harrassing there was NONE. The price I prepaid was exactly all I paid. The counter staff were pleasant , helpfull and it was their job to mention extras, but did not push me when I refused. No hidden extras. Nothing added without… Read Full Review

“I've been flying to Orlando Sanford airport for many...”

Written on: 02/03/2009

I've been flying to Orlando Sanford airport for many years. I prefer it to the very busy and crowded Orlando International airport. Sanford is small and easy to get around although recently it has been developing and growing. If you are a smoker like me, this is one of the few airports left with an outdoor smoking deck available after passing through security.

Queues for rental cars etc. are usually smaller and staff generally bright and friendy.

Orlando International airport may be a… Read Full Review

“Lost suitcase on return from Sanford. (Did not even...”

Written on: 19/08/2008 by Redsami (1 review written)

Lost suitcase on return from Sanford. (Did not even make plane). Atempted to contact international lost baggage at Sanford airport numerous times leaving messege with contact details. Never recieved call back. Suitcase has vanished… Read Full Review

“Clean friendly, outside sitting area, bar and shops....”

Written on: 02/08/2008 by puddykittyuk (1 review written)

Clean friendly, outside sitting area, bar and shops. Used Sanford twice, never found any bad points. We flew back to the UK when the airport was on amber alert we were delayed for 12 hours, Manchesters fault. What a great day we had sat out side in the sun. If I had to be delayed this would be the airport for me. I love this airport nice and small security was spot on I felt safe and at ease here will be returning in September 08 and looking forward… Read Full Review

“NICE SMALL AIRPORT NEAR ORLANDO ATTRACTIONS AND HOTELS ”

Written on: 28/01/2008

NICE SMALL AIRPORT NEAR ORLANDO ATTRACTIONS AND HOTELS… Read Full Review

“I have just had the pleasure of flying via Orlando...”

Written on: 26/06/2006 by Clair (1 review written)

I have just had the pleasure of flying via Orlando Sanford Airport, and as the other reviews suggest, it is small and rather compact, but it is clean and it functions very well. The check-in area seems very cramped for the amount of people who travel throughout this airport, and the security check-in does not match that of the traffic expected in the summer months, so do arrive early.

Once in the lounge there is one duty free shop of standard size, so don't expect too much here, but they do… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We flew into Orlando Sanford July 21 and out on August...”

Written on: 08/08/2005 by JC Trav (1 review written)

We flew into Orlando Sanford July 21 and out on August 4. As in the previous review we were kept waiting on the tarmac on arrival because they don't seem to be able to cope with more than one aircraft at once! Again a very long wait to clear US customs with no air conditioning and another long wait for the baggage. On departure we had luckily taken advantage of a 'free time' check-in service offered by Travel City Direct, but other passengers waited for three hours to check in. There was a… Read Full Review

Barbhos1950's Response to JC Trav's Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

I totally agree with you, i flew home to Gatwick from Sanford yesterday and got home this morning. I am still feeling humiliated at the treatment i received, i am a 62 year old woman and was pulled out for a body check then they wiped my palms of my hands and said they had a false negative for a explosive substance on my hands. They pulled out the contents of my bag and wiped inside which showed nothing, i asked if i could go and was told i had to go into a private room for a body search. By this time my son who has mental health problems was getting stressed, and i was feeling very embarrassed with everyone watching. After having my body felt all over with another woman watching i asked if i could go now , but was told no. They needed my passport to take details from it so they can check up on me.
I think the reason they did this was because they were tipped off by the customs man who i had words with when i arrived 2 weeks before, i remembered this man from previous holidays to Orlando he never seemed happy or smiled. He told me off because i had 600 cigs i bought at Gatwick , they told me it was ok as we were a party of 3 people 200 each our friend was in another queue, he told me not to tell him his job and got quite agitated, this was not a good start to our holiday.. I noticed on the white customs form we filled in he had drawn 2 rings in red ink with a line joining the 2 circles on the form, i asked the woman who collected the forms what the rings meant and was told not to worry about it, was this a message to tell the security to stop me when i arrived to get my flight home? does anyone know what it means.
I have been to Orlando 28 times on holiday 26 of them with my husband who died 3 years ago, i needed to go back with my son for the memories, but all i got was stressed.
Was i the brunt of a joke or did they really think i had been handling explosives, it has to be one or the other.
I have also made up my mind not to fly to Sanford or even holiday in Orlando again.

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“Orlando Sanford Airport - Stay away fromt this airport...”

Written on: 07/08/2005 by shutterman3 (1 review written)

Orlando Sanford Airport - Stay away fromt this airport at all costs!! I was connecting in Sanford from an international location so I got the joys of customs plus going through security again with my next flight scheduled to take off in less than 2 hours. First we land and the gate crew isn't ready, then it takes the better part of an hour to get checked baggage with long periods where there were no bags on the belt, then customs has all our luggage x-rayed when they were just talking to each… Read Full Review

“We flew into Orlando Sanford last June, they kept us...”

Written on: 28/07/2005 by badgern (10 reviews written)

We flew into Orlando Sanford last June, they kept us on the aircraft for ages as the arrivals hall was full. Then took way over two hours to clear immigration, another thirty minute wait for the luggage. There appears to be no air conditioning at this airport and people had to leave the immigration queue to lie down. This airport is dreadful and simply can't cope with the traffic it receives. The services airside are appalling, hopeless choice of overpriced food and drink and the duty free is a… Read Full Review

“Orlando Sanford Airport is a nice, little airport but...”

Written on: 13/07/2004 by redcloud (2 reviews written)

Orlando Sanford Airport is a nice, little airport but what I would say if your flying there is, don't expect too much!!

When your flying out of Sanford try and arrive quite early. The check in area, though large, is always crowded and involves a long wait to check in. My advice would be try and get there as soon as check-in opens and then take a ride down to Sanford and have a look around before returning your rental car and jumping on your flight in the time you have left over.

Once through… Read Full Review

395578_World Traveler's Response to redcloud's Review

Written on: 26/08/2008

Try using the early check in service on day of departure open from 8am-1200. You get the best seating, your boarding passes and have your bags tagged and sent to the airport for screening. The next time you see your bags is when you arrive back home. Once you arrive at the airport you go directly to departures so no waiting in long queues. Located at 7548 Universal Blvd. Behind Wet&Wild.

Read 1 Comment