Data Rescue PC Reviews

5.0
  • Ease of Set Up

Data Rescue PC - Ask a question now

“I accidentally deleted the emails I had just backed up...”

written by very bad corpral on 19/07/2008

I accidentally deleted the emails I had just backed up on my backup drive then I formatted my main drive thinking they were safely backed up.

When it came to transferring my emails back I realised what I had done,
I already had some data recovery software but it didn't find many files and said most were corrupt.

Thought I would try Prosoft Data Rescue 2 which I bought as a download on their site. I can choose to buy a download or the boxed cd version.

After I had burnt the ISO file the recovery disk was ready. Theres also a USB pendrive option.

I restarted the computer followed the instructions scanning a 250gb drive took about 3 hours including recovery, All my emails were successfully recovered.

The cd boots into a linux enviroment and you will need to have a FAT32 partition or separate drive to recover data to.

I will definitely use again.