AVG Antivirus Reviews

• Quality

AVG Antivirus - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AVG Antivirus

AVG Antivirus

“"Best Free Antivirus Software for Home Use"”

Written on: 02/11/2020 by slLopez418 (1 review written)

My laptop has this software. It protects me, just as everyone else does. It is also easy to instal & run; nothing else interferes with running.

“ AVG company is always at the top !”

Written on: 12/10/2020 by WalterDawkins (7 reviews written)

One of the most reliable antivirus packages on the market. The interface is very “trendy” and easy to use. AVG Antivirus will protect your device from spyware, ransomware, and viruses. Free version is rather decent.

“"Best Free Software for Protection"”

Written on: 08/10/2020 by EliasBurnham10 (1 review written)

For individuals and organisations looking for simple software that provides high-quality security, AVG is ideal. There are several free options to try, and in detecting and eliminating threats to online security, the software is successful.

“They take money from your Account without notification”

Written on: 19/05/2020 by oeRoy494 (1 review written)

I have used AVG twice in the past.. purchased there Ultimate Anti-Virus for one year.. 5 months later a Virus destroyed my Computer... there Anti Virus is Garbage. They bill you and take money without notification. I will never use them again Call customer Service you get someone who's English is so bad you cannot understand them. TERRIBLE PLACE TO DO BUSINESS

“Excellent”

Written on: 27/06/2018 by GeofD (23 reviews written)

Had some Adware problems thatI couldnt get rid of. Found live chat/tech support at AVG, and they sorted it quickly. I am very impressed with the whole Anti Virus package, which I paid for, which really is the way to go. Tried others ...this is the best in my opinion.

“Good product”

Written on: 13/07/2017 by Andrew32 (2 reviews written)

Good protection from malware and completely automated for those that prefer to install and forget. Performance could be better, but it's hard to argue when it's free.

“Too many adverts”

Written on: 17/01/2016 by LeandroCompton (1 review written)

I am no computer expert and to protect my computer I have in the past always paid for McAfee protection, without any complaint or problem, this year I decided on a change and purchased AVG Antivirus, since then I have had countless adverts forced onto my computer trying to get be to purchase additional products from AVG. If I was using the free version I would expect to have to put up with this constant intrusion, but not if I have paid good money for it. I will not be renewing my contract with AVG and I would like to tell them what they can do with their adverts.

“Great Stuff ”

Written on: 29/08/2015 by eddduck1948 (45 reviews written)

AVG `Internet 2015` and its sister software `PC Clean Up` is available free for a short time to try out. I have used it for a while and was impressed with how it functioned. It is easy to use. It worked with Windows 10 and Windows 7. The clean up software seems to `sort out` the PC`s and using Chrome browser with AVIRA (not a fan of Avira-but it seems to work)`secure search` (which is part of Chrome)- i feel i am covered by most eventualities. I have purchased both products.

“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DISHONEST”

Written on: 23/10/2013 by thaiwifenetwork (1 review written)

They offered AVG full version in PC pro Magazine, but after they get you to register and open account, they do not send you the serial number. This is a big marketing scams. They do not reply to emails, there are many people still waiting for their serial numbers, just read the forum. I have nothing but praise for other vendors like Bitdefender,Symantec and Avast. AVG IF YOU ARE READING THIS STOP THIS DISHONEST MARKETING PRACTICE, customers are not fools like you think they are, they will vote with their wallet. Software like AVG will never make the main stream because of Idiots who run their marketing dept.

“Terrible customer service but AVG quick to take your money”

Written on: 29/10/2012 by RosieFranc (1 review written)

I have had AVG security for my laptop for four years, recommended by an IT firm. Each year renewal is made automatically by AVG. They are contactable when it comes to payment but not easily contactable at all when it comes to queries. In fact they are downright invisible. This year I gotthe Babylon virus and I had to pay and IT chap to come to my home to remove it. He said that the AVG I was running was a version from 2009 although payment had been made in 2010, 2011 and 2012. I tried to contact AVG with queries abotu the version I was running and the possible need to update it to AVG 2012, and if in fact my laptop could handle that version. I realise that onl;ine security can not protect one from every virus, but I weanted to ask what their technical people might have down about the Baby;on virus I got if anything. Well, the first difficulty was getting hold of a telephone nunmber in the UK. The second difficulty was reaching anyone on the telephone. Several times I was cut off, or queuing for over half an hour. I tried online-. I was in their tech chat room for four whole hours wiaiting for someone to answer my queries. I eventually got hold of someone who was inorindately slow and my querstions about AVG upgrade were not anwered. I then tried sending two snail mail letters 7 weeks and 5 weeks ago to their UK HQ near Nottingham, with a complaint about the poor customer service experience and have heard back precisely nothing. So I do not know if my lpatop is properly protected. Their protection comes at £35 per annum for one laptop. They take the money two weeks in advance of the renewal date.

“I currently use AVG on my new laptop, after having...”

Written on: 05/12/2009 by marcusJL12 (4 reviews written)

I currently use AVG on my new laptop, after having replaced McAfee which continuously bugged me with reminder pop-ups to renew a license. Updating it is plain simplicity, either manually or directly from their website via the main user interface. Not using AVG for me would be a complete no-brainer. It seems to me that AVG is not given the praise it deserves from retailers - with (and this is a FACT) a sales assistant from PC World telling me that AVG was nothing short of a virus in itself. As a result I refuse point blank to buy ANYTHING else from PC World. AVG is great stuff, and you can't possibly go wrong with it.

Massimo Verdi's Response to marcusJL12's Review

Written on: 18/01/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i WAS GOOD ADVICE

Read 1 Comment

“AVG Technologies Antivirus 8.5.285 is the latest...”

Written on: 01/10/2009 by jasonx1 (107 reviews written)

AVG Technologies Antivirus 8.5.285 is the latest version. and i been using avg now for over a year and its the best antivirus out there so far. only had 1 or 2 probelms with the updates not installing but a quick look around the net solved it. its a shame that most pc shops try and sell you norton which the best version of norton was 2004 then it slowed your pc so much its useless. for a free software it does it job and has spyware built in. 10 out of 10.

“AVG Technologies Antivirus 8.5.285 is Very easy to...”

Written on: 02/08/2009

AVG Technologies Antivirus 8.5.285 is Very easy to use, and setup.

“Replaced McAfee and Norton with AVG Technologies...”

Written on: 14/04/2009

Replaced McAfee and Norton with AVG Technologies Antivirus 8.5.285 and BitDefender. after a number of problems with McAfee reporting spurious threats and conflicting on occasion with Norton.

“AVG 9.0 Fully licensed. Always used AVG on our main...”

Written on: 03/06/2010 by Dee Featist (36 reviews written)

AVG 9.0 Fully licensed. Always used AVG on our main machine used for banking etc (Win7 64bit). Whilst using the free version on other computers. Much improved now that the scan time is shorter. Licensed version is far more flexible with respect to controlling scanning schedule. We have tried the bundled AV that comes with most new pcs but quickly found that AVG is better value.

“ AVG Anti-Virus Professional 7.5.503 ”

Written on: 07/05/2010 by medsen (6 reviews written)

AVG Anti-Virus Professional 7.5.503

AVG's most popular product is its free antivirus, but the company also makes two enhanced security suites that are geared for users who don't mind paying for additional protection--as long as it's worthwhile. AVG Anti-Virus 9 introduces a few new features, claiming faster scan times, faster boot times, and other under-the-hood improvements.

Users who've used AVG 8 will find the interface nearly identical, and generally it's easy to use. From the main window, though, you must double-click to get further information on any feature, whether virus scanning, firewall protection, or updating. We'd like to see this streamlined, since there's no reason to click on any of them without wanting more details; it is a spare interface, otherwise. You'll find a full-blown scheduling utility for automating tasks and checking for new definitions as often as you'd like. Other perks include technical support and the ability to run on multiple operating systems. Should a virus create serious system problems, AVG creates a rescue disk to scan your computer in MS-DOS mode. The program doesn't obviously tax your system when scanning or when running in the background. There's also a new identity-theft assistance service, available for free and provided by a third party.

AVG Anti-Virus lacks the firewall, identity protection, antispam, and system tools that come in AVG Internet Security, although it's definitely more robust than AVG Free. In empirical testing, scan times were slower than expected, and the new firewall database proved to have autoapproval problems with some well-known programs. It also detected some image files as threats, when two other scans decided they weren't--we decided these were false positives. AVG might not be the fastest or the most effective available security option, but it still gets the job done and you're better off with it.

“I'm using AVG free for years now, i've never had a...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

I'm using AVG free for years now, i've never had a problem accept the mistake they made with the windows dll wich caused my computer to fail booting .. It doesn't slow my computer down (i've heard otherwise but that is maybe because some people still use old computers) It is very easy to use, and its free.. so honestly i think it's the best you can get for ZERO money .. I have tried avast in the past but to my opinion it wasn't up to point yet. Now i hear avast might my as good as AVG and that might be absolutly so but i'm happy with AVG. i'm glad it didn't destroy important data years ago i understand if a lot of users switched to another program but in my opinion everybody can make a mestake, computers and programs are only as smart as what humans put into it :) If somebody disagrees i would like them to prove it to me.

Huey42's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2012

avast took my money and no antivirus called bbb they didn't answer them either for the second time. BAD antivirus. They said they didn't have me in the system,what did I pay for then if iam not in the system, but they won't refund my money ,what is a warrenty for if u lost everything after a virus. avast didn't help at all. HUGH

Read 1 Comment

“AVG Free is an amazing program and the 2011 update...”

Written on: 24/12/2010

AVG Free is an amazing program and the 2011 update made things even better, I personally like the Social Network Security this is very useful in this day and age, with just about everyone on Facebook & Twitter!

If you haven't got AVG what are you doing! Get protected! Get AVG!

“I'm in a suitably good mood! ”

Written on: 29/10/2010

I'm in a suitably good mood!

After years of checking, in the wee hours, that the AVG update function is performing as set, after years of avoiding reboots 'cause AVG "loses" the update settings and the whole damn thing has to be done over, after years of annoying, nagging pop-up's trying to part me from a hard earned dollar for a system that is no better than its peers, after years of being directed to a in-house forum where any criticism is deflected/deleted by the moderators, after battling for a week with the reliability and proficiency of my equipment since installing AVG 2011, after being conned into believing the touted efficiency of the useless AVG PC/Registry cleaner, after noticing that the "Help" dialog was that [ and so designated ] of AVG 9 I tossed the whole kit and caboodle!

After uninstalling AVG 2011 I also then needed to manually clear out all the other AVG files - AVG also don't believe in good housekeeping - I found that I now had a whopping 0.78 Gb [800 Mb or, if you like 818 000 Kb] spare! This, of course, goes directly to the efficacy of their PC/Registry cleaner!

I then down loaded another product well regarded in the industry [also with hundreds of millions of users] , installed and configured it, and made a point of promptly forgetting about it

Why I put up with, using hindsight, a second rate product for such a long time baffles me! I like to think of myself as intelligent but

Let this be a lesson to all your readers.

If the supplier deflects communication or tries to double talk your query away, if using the application annoys you, if it takes up too much space for the benefits you receive KNOW that there others out there with your responses and gripes and that someone has heard you and built a better mousetrap!

And oh! The fun thing is that I still have 818 000 Kb spare!

“AVG was a great product, 9 is getting old and missing...”

Written on: 25/09/2010 by naroomatechedu (26 reviews written)

AVG was a great product, 9 is getting old and missing things.