Creative HN-700 Reviews

Other
Weight: 199.9 g

“Value for Money”

written by 466Drake on 27/12/2014

Great noise cancelling ability. Have used it for numerous long haul flights and definitely better than airline earphones. It can be folded to half its size and chucked into backpack. Durable and strong and had it for 6-7 years. Not sure how the previous reviewer handled it such that it sounded badly made but definitely not in my case. Wrote this review to provide justice for it. Only drawback is it get hot after 6 hours of inflight entertainment But overall am very satisfied with the quality and peformance of the cans and it's very good price which you cannot get from competitors then.

“If you can live with the size issues listed under bad...”

written by travlinman504 on 28/12/2007

If you can live with the size issues listed under bad points these are good headphones for the price.

“For a great price like this, it is brilliant. Recently...”

written by dselvan on 17/12/2007

For a great price like this, it is brilliant. Recently used it on long haul flight and it is brilliant at cutting the drone of plane engines and you can actually watch movies and listen to music without blasting it through the earphones. Be aware that they are so good, you will not hear if you wife/husband is talking to you unless they poke you. Yes it is a bit bulky around the ear and it took me a while to find a comfortable position and after that there were no problems. A bit difficult to sleep with them on though. Apart from that, i have no major problems or dislikes at all. For this price you cannot get anything better in my opinion so go ahead and buy one!

“Fit is too tight even of average size head. They...”

written by travlinman on 15/12/2007

Fit is too tight even of average size head. They became uncomfortable to wear after about 15 minutes. The noise canceling capability is minimal, even when playing music at a comfortable level I could still hear motor noise. The audio quality for music (classical, country, rock) was poor. Sounded dull and voices were distant and hollow, like listening in a barrel. Volume control was poor. The headset had to be turned up almost all the way even when the source was well amplified. I do not think these would work with an I pod and certainly not with a cell phone type of device. They re also quite big, even when folded up, measuring about 3" by 4".

“I bought a pair of these headphones off an electronics...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by darren mayner on 11/12/2007

I bought a pair of these headphones off an electronics supplier's website (Digital Fusion) in August 2007 after reading some positive reviews. I bought them to use on a plane instead of the standard in-ear headphones I got with my Sony personal CD player. When I put them on I was surprised that I still had to turn the volume up to full to hear the music, despite them supposedly being noise can celling headphones. After a while I took them off to speak to a steward and when I tried to put them on again they broke...the knuckle joint that holds the ear piece to the head strap is made of plastic and snapped clean in half, rendering the headphones useless as the ear piece now hangs from the wire. Although this was the first time I had used the headphones and I had handled them carefully, the supplier and manufacturer have both refused to exchange them or refund my money. I cannot therefore recommend this product, the supplier or the manufacturer.