Tom Tom Go 710 Reviews

2.9

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom Tom Go 710 - Ask a question now

“Have had 6 different sat navs now form 4 different...”

written by on 26/06/2010

Have had 6 different sat navs now form 4 different manufacturers and can quite confidently say that Tom Tom are still the best, but theres still room for improvement. It seems that people just don't take time to learn how to use there sat nav properly. Such as turning off the blue tooth if you don't want it to conect to your phone! On this unit I have had the problem with it locking out and the voice commands are sometimes wrong, but otherwise its been excellent. Keep updating via Tom Tom home and a lot of the problems like some of the data lost will be rectified. Not perfect, but still the best of the rest!

“Absolute rubbish. As stated earlier you need to carry...”

written by on 30/12/2009

Absolute rubbish. As stated earlier you need to carry a paper clip every where you go to reset the system if it locks out.

“The Tom Tom Go 710 is a real pain. I have to carry a...”

written by ralphyf1 on 11/01/2009

The Tom Tom Go 710 is a real pain. I have to carry a paper clip to reboot the thing. I tried ordering a new map for it but then it would not download because lack of memory. But there are no instructions on how to clear the memory.

“High quality unit, probably better than newer TomTom...”

written by on 29/12/2008

High quality unit, probably better than newer TomTom models, and certainly better than new competitors such as MIO Moov

“My TomTom Go 710 has been back for repair 4 times for...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 29/08/2008

My TomTom Go 710 has been back for repair 4 times for the same fault. It will not switch on and will not reset. It lost the bluetooth connection. Sometimes it would work and other times it did not. Tom Tom have now lost the unit and are unable to send a replacement as they are out of stock. I was sent a loan unit - which doesn't switch on.

“I cannot get my TomTom 710 to work. I have charged it,...”

written by satnav on 26/08/2008

I cannot get my TomTom 710 to work. I have charged it, reset it and now it will not work at all!
I have tried everything it is a lot of money to pay out and fail in the second year of use! I hope I can get it repaired.

“The online help treats you like an idiot. ”

written by on 10/03/2008

The online help treats you like an idiot.
I had lots of probs getting the speed cams to work. I know my way around a PC so I asked tech support what folders the camera files should go and they didn't have a clue etc...

“My Tom Tom 710 is not working anymore. Worked great...”

written by skyeboy on 05/02/2008

My Tom Tom 710 is not working anymore. Worked great for a year but has just stopped working dont know why.
Put it on charge for 12 hours but will NOT turn on at all.
Arrrgh!

348658_Ajmacintosh1's Response to skyeboy's Review

Written on: 02/03/2008

Its needs to be reset. put a paperclip in the reset hole (tiny hole where it fits onto screen mount)

“I liked this product at first a lot,but I found that...”

written by mike48t on 23/12/2007

I liked this product at first a lot,but I found that the owner manuals were too simplistic, and all the diagrammatic feeds confusing. Setting up and using was great, and on th CB in Spain, mapping was ok but the updates were not keeping up with the new road builds in Spain. Once I had a problem with the system freezes up, it was near impossible to locate a support centre without searching the internet, the help site is/was very short of personal contact ability. The unit froze up completely after 4 months and has gone back for repair, I have given up on it, Now looking to buy another make, Certainly not one of my best buys!!

“Only had the Tom Tom Go 710 for a couple of months but...”

written by Richard the van on 25/06/2007

Only had the Tom Tom Go 710 for a couple of months but have found that if the full post code is used it will take me to within a few metres of where I need to be. It's very easy to use. Speed camera warning very useful, has already saved me from having some points on my licence on a couple of occasions. Not yet tried it abroad yet but will do later in the year. So far very pleased, and would recommend it. I put off buying a sat nav for ages, but must be honest and say, that I wouldn't like to be without it now. But I am always going to have a road atlas in the car, just in case!

Kiyawhite's Response to Richard the van's Review

Written on: 28/12/2007

I found this review helpful because it did the important job of telling me whether or not to buy the item.

“Coupled with the Traffic Master plug-in it is a great...”

written by evansra on 27/02/2007

Coupled with the Traffic Master plug-in it is a great piece of kit. It resolves all the navigation problems! As an IT consultant I spend a lot of time on the road looking for obscure sites and it has not let me down yet, but do check the map as well before you go. Sometimes it will try to put you down one way streets the wrong way due to local councils moving the goal posts, however the speed of re-calculating the directions is awesome, much better than another device I once had. The maps across Europe are only the main roads and when we went off route in France it lost the plot but quickly picked it up again once we got near the major routes.

“The Tomtom Go 710 is a brilliant piece of kit. It...”

written by prash110 on 06/11/2006

The Tomtom Go 710 is a brilliant piece of kit. It gives good, clear and accurate directions. Just set and go, fingers crossed, no problems so far. I use it a lot due to the nature of my job. I travel every where in the UK, Germany and Austria. It's made my life a lot easier since I started using it.

“I brought a TomTom Go 710 from a large retail car...”

written by nigelblack on 20/10/2006

I brought a TomTom Go 710 from a large retail car cycle superstore, unfortunately the twist mounting system came apart within 2 weeks. Returning the unit to the shop I was told that I now had to talk to TomTom directly. This I did, the potted conversation went something like this.

I'd like a replacement mount please.
TOMTOM - How do I know that you didn't break it.
I've only had it for two weeks, I've been careful.
TOMTOM - But I've only got your word for it
The people in the shop said that you had been experiencing some difficulty with the design and had complaints about it in the past.
TOMTOM - They're only saying this because they want to get rid of you.

Needless to say I got back to the shop who duly apologised on TomTom's behalf.

Stuart 2370's Response to nigelblack's Review

Written on: 16/12/2006

I am interested in buying a sat nav. I have been reading reviewers comments on Tom Tom 710 & Garmin Nuvi 310D. I'm more likely to go for the Tom Tom. I contacted Tom Tom about the inferior suction fixing and they informed me this has been now remedied. Also their customer services department is helpful but on the very odd occasion may not be able to help, but assured me they have many satisfied customers.

Nippy's Response to nigelblack's Review

Written on: 15/07/2008

I have contacted TomTom and after supplying proof of purchase they are sending me a free replacement holder. They say it is an upgraded design. It had a 2 year guarantee when I bought it and I was within that period.

Nippy's Response to nigelblack's Review

Written on: 13/07/2008

Thats funny....this is July 2008...2 years later and my base has just broken just beyond the sucker. It is obvious that the four 1mm by 5mm plastic pilars that take the entire weight are just not strong enough. In one and a half years it has been mounted in my clasic car which does very low milage and has quite gentle suspension. Am awaiting email answer to my email guarantee claim. TomTom itself is excelent and the mount for a Go 300 in my everyday car which is much older and covered many more miles is still ok.

“I purchased a Tomtom Go 710 unit which quickly...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by jonathang on 30/08/2006

I purchased a Tomtom Go 710 unit which quickly developed faults as above. I emailed TomTom but they didn't even bother to reply. I'd complain to their Customer Services Department, but I doubt if they have one! I returned the item and obtained exchange unit - identical faults!!! I then obtained a refund and now have a compass and a map - they work!

“TomTom Go is a very good product with good support and...”

written by amoore1 on 21/08/2006

TomTom Go is a very good product with good support and the facility to update information on your PC. If you want more from the Tomtom one you can pair it with a Bluetooth mobile and get: weather reports, accident reports, new voices for your sat nav etc and fixed point speed camera positions. I've had the Tomtom one for three months now and I would highly recommend it.