Tom Tom Go 500 Reviews

3.5

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom Tom Go 500 - Ask a question now

“I recently bought an new car and private registration...”

written by Veefly on 22/09/2009

I recently bought an new car and private registration so thought I'd also enter the world of Satnav. The Tom Tom Go 500 fairly priced but a bit fiddly to use and the directions could be better. Overall a fairly average performance, though I have been advised to spend more in future.

“Until recently I have been using the traffic feature...”

written by on 07/05/2008

Until recently I have been using the traffic feature on my TomTom Go 500 very effectively. Last year I changed my phone, specifically to one with GPRS so I could receive the traffic info. All was well until I renewed my traffic subscription for another year; suddenly I have great difficulty receiving the traffic updates. Tom-tom tell me that's because I haven't got a compatible phone. But when I got the phone the only requirement was that it has GPRS. Sure, they have started publishing a compatibility list and my Nokia 6300 isn't on it. So why has it worked satisfactorily for 9 months?
Also, when I first got the Satnav, it regularly showed me roadworks and traffic incidents. Now they are far and few between and I often drive smack into roadwork's congestion with no warning. Clearly something is amiss with Tom-tom's data.

“I have had my Tom Tom GO 500 since it was launched and...”

written by Morganmadplus8 on 24/03/2008

I have had my Tom Tom GO 500 since it was launched and it has reliable and certainly very useful. Does get confused when using roundabouts in Europe and tried sending us up a planned motorway which had not been built. Mapping is now out of date and I think that TomTom should offer a good discount to update.

“My Tom Tom Go 500 has been fantastic. I wouldn't be...”

written by kryzteque on 22/10/2007

My Tom Tom Go 500 has been fantastic. I wouldn't be without it! It gets confused occasionally, going quiet and missing turns, the screen mount breaks easily and you have to pay for updates, but overall it's fantastic. The mapping is clear and generally has clear instructions.