Sony RDR-HX525 Reviews

Main characteristics
DVD Type: DVD Recorder / HDD Recorder
Number of Discs: 1
Progressive Scan: With Progressive Scan
Playable Disk Types: DVD Video VCD SVCD DVD-R DVD-RW DVD+R DVD+RW CD (Audio) CD-R CD-RW
Playable File Formats: MP3 JPEG
Video
TV Resolutions: 480i 480p 576i 576p
Video Output System: PAL NTSC
Video DAC: 12 bit / 108 MHz
Video Noise Reduction: Block Noise Reduction Mosquito Noise Reduction
Picture Control: Contrast Brightness Saturation
Audio
Surround Sound: Virtual Surround Dolby Digital (Digital out only) DTS (Digital out only)
Dialog Enhancer: Yes
Connections
SCART Connectors: Input / Output x 2
Inputs: RF (TV) x 1
Outputs: Composite x 1, S-Video x 1, Component x 1, Analog Audio x 1, Digital Audio Coaxial x 1, RF x 1
Front Panel: Composite Input S-Video Input Audio Input iLINK DV Input
Convenience
Remote Control: Multibrand
OSD: Yes: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
Display Dimmer: Yes
Parental Control: Yes
Instant Skip / Replay: Replay
Record and Play Fetaures: Chasing Playback Simultaneous Record and Play Pause Live TV
Recorder
Weight: 4.19 kg
Depth: 32.8 cm

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I bought this item from eBay six months ago for £150...”

Written on: 10/10/2007 by rajk (1 review written)

I bought this item from eBay six months ago for £150 as a refurbished item. It had only 30 days warranty. It haven't had any problem until the warranty expired. Now I don't know what to do. So I am leaving it on all times now. I don't know, may be it happens me only, because I didn't see another review like this… Read Full Review

“I use mine on the HQ setting which does only give...”

Written on: 12/05/2007 by riker (77 reviews written)

I use mine on the HQ setting which does only give about 59 minutes recording at the highest (almost broadcast) quality - just to record programmes when I am out. It is still perfectly acceptable on the lower settings - the lowest is still as good as VHS. The dubbing function is really useful - haven't used it much but it only takes about 10 minutes to write out to DVD. There are lots of other functions such as pause live TV which I haven't been able to use as the DVD is on the same channel as… Read Full Review

“I bought this model in the sales for £199, which I...”

Written on: 05/01/2007 by Ieuanfawr (68 reviews written)

I bought this model in the sales for £199, which I reckon was a good deal. While some of the features are not immediately obvious, I'm very pleased with it and it does everything I've asked of it.

I've found the quality of the (stereo) sound and picture to be good on my common or garden CRT TV, arguably better than before!

The only cables supplied were the power cord, the "G-link" and a co-ax cable for the UHF link to the TV. In my case, I had all the SCART leads I needed as the DVD recorder… Read Full Review