Amigo Loan Reviews

• Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Not very good”

Written on: 27/06/2017 by 222Green (1 review written)

Took a loan out for 60 months. It was a top up loan.But making 64 months payments. Have never been told why this is. Never received monthly statements either. Sent them emails, which they are replying too but are dodging my questions. Interest is accrued daily and added on your Pay date each month. My first interest accrued dates were between 14/5/12 and 30/6/12 and the interest added was £100 more then any of the other interest accrued amounts. This is due to a longer time period until the… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/07/2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with the service that you have received from us. If you'd like us to, we'd be happy to look into this matter further for you. Please just email us with your details.

“Too many calls!”

Written on: 06/04/2017 by Felicityfarquar13 (1 review written)

While I'm sure for people that need this help it's great but as for being a guarantor I have to say I'll never do it again with Amigo! I completed all the documentation the moment it hit my email to not delay the process, then had to go to work. In the space of the next 15 hours (yes not even a full day and 10 of those hours were outside of their working hours!!!) I'd had 17 attempt to contact me!! Ringing me, voicemails, texts, emails, text to the two contact numbers for the person I was… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Felicityfarquar13's Review

Written on: 07/04/2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. If you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us, with your details.

Felicityfarquar's reply to Amigoloans's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2017

Hi Amigo,

I think it should be looked into. Mainly for other customers you may potentially deter due to the levels of contact.

Read 2 Comments

“Ruins your chance of getting a mortgage”

Written on: 29/09/2016 by cbMyers219 (1 review written)

easy to get but once this is on your credit file mortgage lenders will avoid you. I got one to build credit and when I wanted to get a mortgage my advises found it hard to get me a good deal, minimum deposit they will take is 15% so if your looking to buy a house within a year or so avoid… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2016

Hi there, Thank you for leaving your comments.

As a borrower, we will have reported back to your credit file each month on how you were managing your loan. As with any item of credit visible on your credit file, this may impact the decisions other lenders make when deciding whether to accept you for credit, however, Amigo cannot be responsible for the decisions of other lenders.

If you have been paying your loan on time, this will have been reported back to your credit file and should have helped to improve the impression other lenders have of your ability to manage credit. This is one of the reasons we consistently get voted 'Best Credit Builder' at the MoneyNet awards. However, each lender has different lending criteria and we are not able to predict how each lender will interpret the information on your credit file.

“Don't do it ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by ameen27 (14 reviews written)

Hi, I would like to make everybody aware of this company. They are VERY non negotiable and will take any means, including court action to recover the smallest of sums if the payment plan cannot be met, they will not even allow a slightly reduced repayment plan! BE WARNED, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!Please learn from my mistakes :( Please avoid this company at all costs. Don't be fooled that the money arrives quickly and they may be polite on the phone… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 22/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Amigo experience.

We'd like to assure you that, if reasonable to do so, we will do our best to offer flexibility, should a customer find themselves unable to pay the full monthly repayment, and will explore the option of a reduced payment plan, where appropriate. Having said this, we are a responsible lender and cannot accept a payment if we know a customer can't afford to pay, or if the offer of payment is not reasonable in relation to the outstanding balance, or the customer's circumstances. While court action will sometimes be considered if we are unable to come to a reasonable resolution ourselves, this is strictly a last resort, and is only considered once all other options have been exhausted. If you believe that this has not happened in the case of your loan we would like to look in to this for you. Please email with your details to enable us to do this.

Many thanks, the Amigo Loans team

Billythekid52's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 05/02/2017

Exactly what happened to me.
I lost my job and asked to make a reduced payment as my other creditors allowed.
They said no and have never stopped hounding my guarantor and my self.

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY

Read 2 Comments

“only try if you cant get a bank loan”

Written on: 29/04/2014 by notanotherflippinname (1 review written)

I got my loan 3 years ago as could not get a bank loan. over all they do what they say but beware of some important facts. 1 your guarantor has to have a good credit history and own their own house. 2 it is very difficult to et in touch with them once you have your money 3 if you cant pay for any reason they take it off the guarantor before you can blink your eyes. my wages went in late once and before I had read their text saying payment had failed they had taken it out of my guarantor … Read Full Review

“Dont use”

Written on: 21/07/2013

Signed up as a guarantor. Steer clear. I think for a loan company aimed at people with poor credit to charge such high interest is outrageous how on earth does this help people??, to date £1600 paid back yet £200 off the balance. Service for being guarantor terrible. Just easy option for this company and see little effort to help the person loan is for to meet monthly payment easy option straight to guarantor! Please think carefully before agreeing to take a loan out with these and certainly… Read Full Review

“I never had a problem paying my loan until I lost my...”

Written on: 01/03/2013

I never had a problem paying my loan until I lost my job, I rang but they didn't take any notice then started phoning texting myself and my guarantor constantly!! They tried taking the money from her account even thou I had arranged a payment which was only 5 days late!!! They constantly contact you and this does have an effect on your relationship with your guarantor!! The customer services team when I phoned to explain just said if you don't pay today we will collect from your guarantor!!, no… Read Full Review

“dont try for a loan”

Written on: 14/11/2012

they say you dont credit check its a lie.if you get a guarentor that has his own house and a job,but no credit score because he pays cash for everything you still cant get a loan. even though its obvious they can pay for stuff.i call this false advertising… Read Full Review

Dexterm0Rgan's Comment

Written on: 14/11/2012

It's clear in the terms that they credit check your Guarantor.

“utter rubbish”

Written on: 02/07/2012

my guarantor was refused as not meeting the criteria.even though he owns a 150,000 pound house outright and is under 70 years of age.AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/07/2012

Hi there,

I'm Scott, I work at amigo.

Sorry that we weren't able to accept the guarantor you provided, but as a responsible lender we need to be certain that the guarantor is in the right position to be able to accept them.

Your guarantor will have to pay the loan back if you can’t, so it’s really important that they can afford the monthly payments as well as having enough money to live their normal life.

If we decline your guarantor, it doesn't mean you can't have a loan, but you would need to find another one that we can accept before we can release the money.

If you have any further questions about the guarantor criteria, email me and I will get someone to contact you.

Thanks,

Scott

“What a crock”

Written on: 19/06/2012 by Gap72 (1 review written)

Friendly loan company yes but I had a loan with them never missed a payment or was late with any payments yet when I reapplied for a top up cause my loan only had one payment left the turned down my guarantor even though it was the same one as before and nothing had changed in their circumstances .When ask why they said they did not want to say yes incase it put my guarantor in diffs.I said my guarantor would not had agreed to do it if they did not trust me or could not afford to do it and… Read Full Review

“Top up rip off”

Written on: 04/04/2012 by alfor1976 (1 review written)

I have been a customer of Amigo loans for 14 months and still owe £2456 the other day i recived a offer of a top up to £5000, Great i thought till i looked further into it. Another £500 in fees %10 of the total £5000 even though i am not borrowing £5000 but only £2544 plus the fact that i have alredy paid fees on the £3000 i borrowed. How can they be allowed to just rip people off like this it really is amazing. My advise to anyone is don't top up that loan go to another and get £3000… Read Full Review

“Despirate Times.....”

Written on: 03/04/2012

I got a 3k loans with FLM ( now Amigo ) and they said they would pay out asap but then said it will be 3 days unless i pay £35 ( which will be taken from the loan ) there is no reason for this except to take more money from you as the actual cost of doing this is only 24 pence , Yes they gave me a loan when no one else would so for that I'm grateful i also paid it back early and saved a few pounds ( not much though ) the reason i paid it back so soon was because they had taken money from me… Read Full Review

“its great but very long to confirm ”

Written on: 09/05/2011 by kway (1 review written)

its great but very long to confirm

“STOP.... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... I got a loan with...”

Written on: 04/11/2010

STOP.... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... I got a loan with this company and asked for my direct debit to be moved from the 1st to the 5th. They said this would be okay however from the 1st to the 5th they sent my garantour loads of messages. Very unprofessional and poor service.
I would never do this again and am seeking a new loan with less intrest to pay this off… Read Full Review

Ste2326's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2010

what you on about stop you mean stop cos you have not paid ye bills and they phoned you to pay

Read 1 Comment

“Well today, I got a guarantore and sent off my forms...”

Written on: 31/05/2008 by xgapx (1 review written)

Well today, I got a guarantore and sent off my forms that they asked for in the letter they sent me. I have just read something on there website and its says on there that you have to send as well as your guarantors bank statements, your own! But on the letter it doesent say nothing about your bank statements!
So now I'm just playing the waiting game and hopeing like mad that my money is in my account by next friday!… Read Full Review

“Dont go through a broker you can go on to FLM Loans...”

Written on: 21/02/2008 by sammiej (1 review written)

Dont go through a broker you can go on to FLM Loans website and apply yourself. my brother just got a laon and had it in his bank in 4 working days. They were very good… Read Full Review