Amigo Loan Reviews

• Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“DO NOT USE LIKE THE PLAGUE”

Written on: 06/04/2020 by Adamp92189 (1 review written)

Amigo Loans are a no go DO NOT USE ... Cornavirus pandemic as it stands, not interested in giving people breathing space or being flexible as any respectable lender should be !! After 10x emails to their team they ask me to fill out a form on my account via their website which is NOT USER FRIENDLY. Very wordy and asks you the same question pretty much 4 times ... They then chirp up with various emails but never answer the phone I have been on hold today for 3hrs so far. REASONABILE LENDER… Read Full Review

“never be a guarantor”

Written on: 03/03/2020 by Gustafson214 (1 review written)

When l agreed to be guarantor l believed they would pay, They where 15 days late with there payment, and explained the situation to them they didn't listen and would not work with them to resolve this issue. when payment was one day late and they kept in touch with them they started hounding me for payment. Since agreeing to be guarantor my situation has changed and l informed them of this and they totally ignored it and would not acknowledge my situation or the borrowers. they don't listen and… Read Full Review

Adamp92189's Comment

Written on: 06/04/2020

Very wordy and asks you the same question pretty much 4 times ...
REASONABILE LENDER DEFINETLY NOT AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE THEY ARE ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.

Tracyrichardson's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2020

It has become clear to me why they aren't interested in giving breathing space in this terrible time. My guarantor has just noticed a pending transaction on her bank account for 0.01p, when she challenged them their response was, it was just something they do every 9 months to check the details are still correct. My payments are up to date and I have no arrears on my account, the only thing that springs to my mind is Covid-19.
They should hang their heads in shame.

“Poor Service”

Written on: 05/09/2019 by mike5839 (1 review written)

I was guarantor to a recent loan carried by a friend, she fell on hard times so Amigo constantly hounded me for payments. I decided in the end to pay up.I have since requested confirmation that the account is now closed and they have totally ignored me. My advise is IGNORE this outfit no matter how desperate things become… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to mike5839's Review

Written on: 15/01/2020

Thank you for your message, I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service.

Before we paid out your loan we promised to keep you updated as to the situation of your account. This is important because, as guarantor, you are jointly and severally liable for the debt. We also want to ensure there are no surprises for you.

If you have further concerns as to whether the account is closed, I would encourage you to get in contact and we’ll be able to look into your concerns further. Thank you, Amigo Loans

“Taken to the cleaners ”

Written on: 16/03/2019 by Louiselodwick (1 review written)

I acted as a guarantor for my daughters boyfriend. I believed that he needed the money to buy a car and tools for work, so that they could start up their new life together. I believed him when he said he would pay the premiums monthly and he could afford it. In fact he paid practically no premiums and late payment charges and premiums defaulted to me. This caused me financial difficulties and I borrowed money from from my bank to pay it off. This gave this man a good credit rating, left me in… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Louiselodwick's Review

Written on: 27/06/2019

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your review - and sorry for taking so long to get back to you! We're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your experience of standing guarantor, and we know it can be frustrating when the borrower stops making their monthly repayments.

Just to assure you, we don't apply any late payment fees or charges so the amount agreed to when the loan is paid out is the most that would ever be repaid. We also make sure each of our customers can comfortably afford the repayments before we ever approve a loan application to make this doesn't impact them in future. If you'd like to us to look into this further I'd recommend getting in touch directly with your details.

I hope this helps. Thanks, Alex @ Amigo

Read 1 Comment

“Stay away from these ......”

Written on: 25/04/2018 by Sanaio29 (1 review written)

Arranged to get a small loan of 1000£ as was the difference i needed to buy a car tought they were fast altough i had a guarantor with excelent credit rating and myself have a good credit rating no CCJ or nothing they been with me on the phone and everything spoked with the guarantor said the money will be in around 2 hr to 48 had wait 3 days still nothing i rang them the say oohhh we have to confirm identity for your guarantor ok then ring him and confirm as i need to buy that particular… Read Full Review

“48hrs ??? ”

Written on: 09/04/2018 by RCH911 (1 review written)

After phone calls to myself and my garantor waited 48 hours to be paid my loan. If you need fast cash don’t bother with these waste of time… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to RCH911's Review

Written on: 18/04/2018

Hi thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience.

We will always do everything we can to make sure your loan is paid out as quickly as possible.

We aim to pay out every loan within 24 hours of the guarantor being accepted. If you and your guarantor complete the application online, and all checks are completed without issue, we could get the money to you sooner.

When both you and your guarantor have signed the online agreement and completed your budget plans, we may give you both a quick call to confirm the monthly repayments are affordable. We'll always let you know when we can pay out your loan.

Some things that could slow your application down are:

1. If we're not able to speak to your guarantor when we call.

2. The property your guarantor owns is either in Scotland or Ireland (checking these addresses can take a little bit longer).

3. You've applied over a bank holiday or weekend, in which case we'll process your application as soon as we're back in the office.

4. We need something from you like proof of ID or a bank statement.

Read 1 Comment

“Interest rates should not be aloud ”

Written on: 08/02/2018 by Merritthl1959 (1 review written)

The interest rate is diobolical and should not be aloud 49.9 better off going to loan Sharks I did it to help a friend without checking the interest what a mistake. Keep aaay at all costs… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/03/2018

Hi, thanks for leaving your review. I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you.

We make our interest rate clear to all of our customers before they apply for a loan. On the face of it it probably looks a little higher than some of the mainstream lenders. However, we know that millions of people are unable to borrow from banks because they use credit scoring and won't accept them and by having a guarantor, we can charge a much lower APR than some other companies.

As interest is calculated daily, our customers are also able to reduce the amount of interest they pay, by making early or extra payments, or by settling early. We're quite unique in that we don't have any charges for doing so.

If you have any further concerns, we’d be happy to look into this for you. Please just email us with your details.

Read 1 Comment

“ i will neaver deal with take you to court after one...”

Written on: 04/10/2017

i will neaver deal with take you to court after one missed payment then put lots of court charges on you account… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2017

Hi, thanks for posting your review of Amigo.

We're disappointed to see things didn't meet your expectations. If it would help, we’d be happy to look into what happened. Please just email us with your details.

“False Adress Used”

Written on: 27/04/2017 by Reedgl251 (1 review written)

Furious that a loan has been taken out using my address and I have reported this to Amigo Loans. I was told that they cannot do anything without the person who's taken it out contacting them ?!?! This is clear identity fraud and they refuse to acknowledge or do anything about it !! Surely this should have come up on there so called credit checking ?!?! Disgraceful !!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/05/2017

Hi, thanks for your review.

If it would help, we’d be happy to look into what's happened. Please just email us or call us.

Thanks,
the Amigo Loans team

“Totally heartless”

Written on: 11/03/2017

Had to use this company after my son committed suicide and I needed money for his funeral. Never missed a payment in 4 years. Made my usual instalment on 1st March. Needed to put next payment back by 2 days to 3rd April. Was sure I pressed 3rd April but they insisting I put 3rd March. They agree it was a mistake but are insisting I'm in arrears and have to pay it as in arrears. Taking £50 out of my husband and my pensions My husband is terminally I'll and told them this nut they are totally… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/03/2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you aren't happy with your Amigo experience. First of all we'd like to say how very sorry we are to hear about your son and that your husband is unwell. Once a payment has already become due it isn't possible for us to move the payment due date. It sounds as though this might have been what happened in your case. There are, however, other options to help customers who are unable to pay on their due date, once a payment has already become due. We would expect these to have been discussed with you when you contacted us, and help to have been offered. The only reason we wouldn't look to put a plan in place for you to pay later is if we didn't think this would be in the best interests of you or your guarantor, either because we have reason to believe you won't be able to afford the payment at a later date, or because we have reason to believe you can pay sooner. If this hasn't happened we would like to look in to this for you. Please just email us with your details.

Read 1 Comment

“avoid amigo at all costs!!!!”

Written on: 22/02/2017 by paDuckworth154 (1 review written)

dont put friends or family at risk from getting a ccj THEY LIE IF YOU FALL BEHIND AND GO STRAIT TO APPLING FOR A CCJ ON BOTH THE APLICANT AND THE GUARNTOR PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS AND DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME THEY PRAY ON PEOPLE THAT ARE DESPRATE AND GOING THERW BAD TIMES… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/03/2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren't happy with the Amigo experience.

If a loan falls behind, we'll attempt to work with the borrower, for a reasonable period of time, to bring the loan back up to date, or at least set a fair and realistic repayment plan. If we're unable to do this within the allotted time, we would then look to the guarantor to step in, as per the guarantor agreement. It is only after a prolonged period of arrears, with no reasonable resolution in place, that we would ever consider court action. We'd never look to do this straight away. If we do reach the point where court action is being considered, this would be taken against both the borrower and guarantor, as both parties have broken their agreement. All our guarantors agree they are liable for payment if the borrower doesn't pay for any reason. If they are then not paying too, they are breaking their agreement, just like the borrower. We'd like to assure you that court action is a last resort and only considered if no other reasonable solution can be met.

If you'd like us to, we are happy to look in to this specific case in more detail. Please just email us with your details.

“ral test”

Written on: 05/02/2017 by Delaneymc323 (1 review written)

I have had a loan with Amigo loans for over 3 years never missing a payment. Unfortunately I lost my job and asked Amigo Loans to let me pay a small amount as a goodwill payments and not call in a payment from my guarantor. I realise I was asking for a "favour" from Amigo loans. I contacted my other creditors who were understanding and allowed some leeway. Ago loans did not. I received a load of "waffle" about how I was a valued customer. The bottom line is that they have hounded me and my… Read Full Review

“Terrible service!”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by Jordan174 (1 review written)

Staff are disguising and impolite, never again! When offering them money to pay back my loan they refused the money and started hassling the gaurentor even though I had said I would pay and also one member of staff proceeded to shout at me down the phone and when I raised my voice because she was talking over me she then tried to threaten me with the fact calls are recorded??… Read Full Review

I agree with all of this.

Let's be honest if we are getting a guarantor loan we have not got a good credit history.

I have a couple of these loans and the other company have given me 30 day's. Amigo have totally stressed my guarantor and me with threatening e mails and calls.

I have been an Amigo customer for over 3 years. Missed one payment when lost job.

Written on: 09/02/2017

Hi both,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. If you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us with your details.

Written on: 07/02/2017

Enjoy But NEVER miss a payment as your guarantor will be hounded by calls and e mails. No help will be given. Amigo become debt collectors

Read 4 Comments

“Worst finance company I've ever dealt with DONT USE”

Written on: 07/12/2016 by Deb6789 (1 review written)

I went guarantor for my stepdaughter who then struggled to make payments. As she was struggling to make payments I had to make the payments which I did via bank transfer. They then sent ME a letter saying they were taking me to court so I rang them they were rude vile individuals to deal with not to mention thick as two short planks !! Was a completely pointless conversation with an idiot explained to him I had paid and he said it didn't matter it had gone to court and he never had a… Read Full Review

Billythekid52's Response to Deb6789's Review

Totally agree.
Bailiffs in dinner jackets. Just want your money. Absolutely no way they will listen to anything but KERCHING

Amigoloans's Response to Deb6789's Review

Written on: 09/02/2017

Hi Deb6789, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience.

Court action is only ever considered when all other options to come to a reasonable resolution have been exhausted. If a borrower is unable to pay, we will do what we can to come to a fair and realistic payment arrangement with them. It is only if this isn't possible that we would look to the guarantor. If you were making payments and we were still considering court action, then this means that your payments were not clearing the amount that was outstanding and we were unable to speak to you to arrange a solution. While we appreciate that you are the guarantor, you still have a liability to the debt and a responsibility to pay any arrears if the borrower can't, or contact us if you're not able to. We would have been trying to contact you to explain this, definitely by regular letter updates, but also by text, phone and email, depending on your contact preferences.

Saying this, it is important to us that all our customers are happy with the service they receive and if you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us with your details.

“should be closed down”

Written on: 06/12/2016 by 470Blake (1 review written)

rude, pushy unsympathetic should be closed down, lots of interest added after each payment. after bereavement lots of calls, letters,only interested in money. every body should avoid this company and they should be investigated… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/12/2016

Written on: 05/02/2017

They are good at threatening people. Bad at listening.
Nice little comment from them when the damage has been done.

Read 2 Comments

“very unsympathetic and just dont seem to care!!”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by KEVCROSS (1 review written)

me and my wife have an ongoing account with amigo loans, we have allways paid on time and never gave them any problems. me wife recently lost her job which has put us in a position where we could not afford to pay back a massive 300 pounds a month.. rather than just defaulting we rang to sort some sort of arrangement where we could maybe lower or skip a couple of payments as my wife was due to start a new job....however amigo loans would not help and was apparently unable to arrange… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to KEVCROSS's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Please just email us with your details.

Billythekid52's Response to KEVCROSS's Review

Exactly my experience.
Lost my job and all my other creditors listened to me and took a lower payment.
NOT AMIGO. The same day I spoke to them they started ringing my guarantor. They have been every day since. The stress levels they cause are enormous.
The e mail below from them means nothing. They send these to me and then will not listen
Bailiffs in dinner jackets
ALL SHOULD STAY AWAY

“terrible”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by toby3000 (1 review written)

really bad company you pay your monthly payment then they put loads of interest back on so the loan never comes down and if you miss one payment they keep on and on leters every 3 days phone calls hourly they send emails saying they will help they don't so avoid avoid terrible company… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to toby3000's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your comments about Amigo, and we're sorry you’re not completely happy with us.

Interest accrues on our loans daily and so more interest accrues on the loan at the beginning of the loan term, when the balance is at it's highest. This may make it seem like your repayments aren't having much of an impact at the start, but, as the balance reduces, so will the amount of interest accruing and so your repayments will start to have a bigger impact on what's outstanding. If you're able to, you can make over payments or early payments and this will help to reduce the outstanding balance quicker, reducing the amount of interest that accrues.

With regards to our contact when a loan falls behind, we endeavour to ensure that any contact made it reasonable and proportionate to the state of the account. If you don't feel this has happened we'd be happy to look in to this for you.

Please just email us with your details.

Written on: 05/02/2017

Have you seen the comments on the official site. They go contrary to my experience and of lots of other people on their sit
STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE CERTAIN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NEVER CHANGE

Written on: 05/02/2017

They are useless when something goes wrong

Read 4 Comments

“ignorant, rude, pushy people”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by emswilli (1 review written)

my monthly payments are due on the 23rd of every month, because I was 2 days late they cancelled my direct debit and said I was going to be a card payer now, didn't bother me as I knew I would have money in the bank for that date, today they took money out of my account and left me £21 in my account and I have a direct debit tomorrow going out and a wedding on Saturday, I now can't pay the d/d and have cancelled the hotel for the wedding and will not be going to my niece's wedding as we can't… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to emswilli's Review

Written on: 23/11/2016

Emswilli's reply to Amigoloans's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2016

no, as we lost the chance to go to our nieces wedding last Saturday, lost £190 on our hotel booking, spent £600 on clothes for the wedding and you weren't bothered, not even an apology or any compensation on loosing the money, had a chat with the FCA and they said to have a chat with the financial ombudsman, which i'm doing today

“Bereavement ”

Written on: 31/10/2016 by Yatesxn392 (1 review written)

A member of my family has taken his life and we are trying to deal with the loss. The red letters are now pouring in with threats we're expected to pay off. That was a contract signed between you and him. No matter how bad your life is you never can afford to pay them back. You'll never get your house now, because you won't be here. The last thing anyone needs is a barrage of threatening emails when all you want is the earth to swallow you up. No, I will not be recommending Amigo Loans. No… Read Full Review

“bigest bullies ive ever come accross”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by ShirleyMcCarty256 (1 review written)

got a loan with this company missed payment due to serious illness had to go on sick from work they have threatened me and my guarantor they have been very nasty to me over the phone worst loan company I have ever had do not have any dealings they will make your life a living hell… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hi,, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Written on: 05/02/2017

Exactly what happened to me. They will not even listen. They have hounded me and my guarantor.

Read 3 Comments