Glasses Direct Reviews - www.glassesdirect.co.uk

Glasses Direct - www.glassesdirect.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Glasses Direct - www.glassesdirect.co.uk

Glasses Direct - www.glassesdirect.co.uk

“PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN ORDERING”

Written on: 27/05/2020 by Spot12 (1 review written)

PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN ORDERING - LOTS OF PRICES AND DEALS QUOTED ON WEBSITE, CAN BE MISLEADING AS IT IS NOT MADE CLEAR THAT THE SECOND PAIR THEY ARE OFFERING ARE ONLY SINGLE LENSES. We order from their 2 for 1 package, which offered a free second pair, plus we received a Thank you for subscribing which offered us another £33.00 off. When order received only one pair varifocals (we paid extra when ordering for the varifocal lenses). The other pair was just plain lenses and they were the wrong lenses completely, I could not even see through them !! These were returned and a new pair of varifocals was promised to replace them. Then I received an email requesting further payment for the second pair of varifocals. At no time during the purchase process did it explain that we had only order and paid for one pair of varifocals. This was not made clear on the order confirmation or on subsequent emails requesting details of our prescription and varifocal distancing etc., When I went through the purchase procedure online with each option we requested varifocal lenses for both pairs, I had no idea I was only going to receive one pair of varifocal lenses. The website needs to make this clearer to customers, I have now waited several weeks for the order to be completed only to be required to pay extra for the second varifocal lenses glasses. As a new customer I am very disappointed with my order and the demand for further payment.

Ianm1955's Response to Spot12's Review

Written on: 18/12/2020

Fully agree, I have no found them to treat their customers fairly when there are problems. Only would give me a partial refund when I had to return a pair of faulty glasses. TAKE CARE when you buy from them!!!

Spot12's reply to Ianm1955's Comment

Written on: 18/12/2020

Sorry you are experiencing problems with them, thought they might have addressed these issues by now !!

Read 2 Comments

“Shocking service -jokers”

Written on: 21/12/2019 by Kaden59 (1 review written)

Shocking customer service Ordered had it confirmed and waited 3 weeks when I chased It their attitude was “oh well” “ do you want to cancel” Refunds the much longer to get back than they took the money - bunch of jokers There are so many retailers that now do this I would recommend someone else if you want to get something or like the service

“Hardly any guarantee”

Written on: 17/12/2019 by Alysonx150 (1 review written)

Buyer beware! Normal glasses are only covered by a 30 day guarantee!. Therefore if they become defective after this period they will not replace them. If you buy cheap, you will get cheap. Avoid as it's just not worth having sub standard glasses

“AVOID THEM”

Written on: 25/05/2019 by KeithAstle (4 reviews written)

AVOID. Placed an order on the 30/04/19, got an email saying there was an issue but before I could phone another email sent out implying that they had started the glasses on the 1/05/19. Today, 25/05/19, I see in my inbox another message saying they have not even started them at all. Made it clear and sent an email demanding my money back within 7 days or I will sue them. Will go to specsavers instead as you do get them fairly fast. Turns out Glassesdirect.com is not that cheap anyway once you add all the extras on you get as standard.

“Problem with refund”

Written on: 25/04/2019 by gkCross95 (1 review written)

I too ordered the "free" home trial glasses(just frames, not prescription lenses). They were not suitable so I used their supplied free returns label and sent them back within the specified 7 days. That was 3 weeks ago now -no refund. They claim they didn't receive them. The only way to foolproof this is to pay for signed recorded delivery yourself for the return (which as you have to pay for,is therefore not "free" at all!) Was I just unlucky or is this a deliberate thing?

“Free trial deception”

Written on: 11/11/2018 by O'Sullivantj162 (1 review written)

I saw their add on two pairs for £19 with a free trial. Spent two hours choosing. When through order process and gave my debit card details only to find they took an immediate payment of £19 before order was completed! It took less than a minute for them to withdraw funds. The free trial is not free you have to pay for the glasses before you receive them without immediate payment they will NOT allow your order to go through. ONE BIG DECEPTION so I have warned fca and advertising standards commisson for false advertising and miselling.

“Not good feedback from customers”

Written on: 10/03/2018

I was going to purchase 3 pairs of glasses from glasses direct but after reading customer reviews I’m left very sceptical it looks to me the management of this company should listen to customers at a more in depth level & try to understand there grievances then feedbacks would be a more 5 star rating

“100% Perfection”

Written on: 28/07/2017 by logancohen13 (1 review written)

The whole experience of using Glasses Direct was first class from choosing four frames for a home trial to ordering a pair of varifocles and sunglass varifocles. My order arrived within a week and the lenses were light and thin and the frames fantastic. I do not know why anyone would buy glasses on the High St. I had been quoted over a £1000 for similar glasses in a well know opticians which I thought ridiculous.

“Terrible service with orders”

Written on: 19/06/2017 by Ade1941 (1 review written)

Recommended by a friend who clearly loved them to bits !??. My experiance was blighted by their quibling over my prescription, the second order I made within a few weeks of registering my account saw another problem with my prescription. This time I had to get another eye test before they would do my order ??, the one I supplied was valid for another year, and these tests are not cheap if you have to pay for them !. As some of the high street opticians, eg Specsavers, do a fare discount as well plus accept your prescriptions, do the fittings and all other aftersales stuff. I requested they cancelled the order as they were not prepared to complete it with my, perfectly fine, current prescription !. I would recommend finding a good high street opticians who are reasonably priced.

“The most useless, clunky website… but they don't care”

Written on: 28/04/2016

I have tried to get glasses from Glasses Direct, and had previously used them years ago. The problem is their awful website. It's lousy on an iPad, that's for sure. Deleting and moving items in and out of the basket is so slow. I have emailed them, but nothing. Yes, I know that thousands of people Do find them great, but this customer just can't enthuse.

“Optics”

Written on: 10/02/2016 by macboy (1 review written)

I ordered glasses and when I received them they seemed ok for reading. However, for some strange reason all reading sheets including my laptop screen appeared to narrow towards the bottom. I have NEVER experienced this before with glasses even off the peg reading glasses. I suspect there could be problems with some of their optics.

“Refuse to process my order”

Written on: 03/02/2016 by 283Larkin (1 review written)

This company select their customers. I ordered varifocals and was refused because I cant produce PD. Whilst on their website it is clearly states that they WILL make one using average PD, After few emails, I asked them to just refund me since they seems to refuse helping me. After that they hide behind Opticians Council regulations. I have paid this in advance in FULL! I have provide the copy of my prescriptions. They still refuse to help me.

“ Glasses Direct specs broke after 3 months”

Written on: 23/07/2015

I bought 2 pairs of specs from Glasses Direct for £19 plus delivery. I was very pleased initially. Then a lens popped out of one side of the plastic frame (which seemed a bit stretched) and the glasses snapped at the bridge when I tried to ease it back in (gently). When I contacted Glasses Direct they offered another pair for £18.30 (more pro rata than the first pair cost!) as a "good will gesture"! It would be almost as cheap to buy another 2 pairs but I am very disappointed by the quality and aftercare and wont buy from them again. I wondered at the time of ordering whether there may be quality problems with the popular frames being sent out on home trial so many times before being purchased, and I guess I found the answer. :(

Annie-C's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2015

Updating to say that Glasses Direct later agreed to send a free replacement pair and that these are of satisfactory quality - thanks Glasses Direct.

Read 1 Comment

“Would not look any further than glassdirect ”

Written on: 25/06/2015 by Kenneth2161 (1 review written)

I bought my glasses from glasses direct also took advantage of the free sunglasses they kept me weĺl informed by email. As to what was happening with my ordered and delivered on time I can not fault the copy in any way you can not better what is perfect.I also saved over £400 by going direct to glassesdirect Mr Kenneth southwell maryport cumbria 10 out of 10 for me well done and keep up the good work .

“Very Good ”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by Wilsongo487 (1 review written)

I ordered my glasses exactly 2 weeks ago today and have arrived within the expected time of 14 days which I am very happy with. Also, the customer service team were great when I rang up to answer a couple of quick questions regarding my prescription as I have a more complicated prescription. The girl I spoke to explained how long it would take and it has arrived in that time so overall, very satisfied so I wil definitely be using the service again.

“Great and speedy service.. Hometrial could be better”

Written on: 26/01/2015 by bruno.tolosa (1 review written)

The service at Glasses Direct was incredibly smooth and removed my sceptcism with regards to shopping online for prescription glasses. Unfortunately I didn't buy it from them and the main reason was that although they offer a very nice Home Trial service (try before you buy it), the vast majority of the frames I liked couldn't be added to the hometrial order. Maybe because they are more expensive and all that, but this was a bit disappointing if I am honest. I did order a hometrial anyway but I knew that what I wanted wasn't in that bundle. Nevertheless the service was great and I got the glasses in 2 working days. By that point I warmed up to the idea of getting my glasses online and then found a competitor that offered the home trial in its full range. Their service wasn't as good as Glasses Direct's but I didn't feel confident to buy a frame without putting it on first.

“Cheap trash, lenses that scratch easy and blur, cheap...”

Written on: 26/01/2015 by Hatch5 (1 review written)

Never would I buy from them again, cheap trash good for no more than a year if you are lucky, lenses get full of hairline scratches, terribel quality and nothing more to say!

“very highly recommended - give it a go!”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by SarahMichelle87 (4 reviews written)

I've worn glasses for 15 years now and the look, comfort and quality is important to me because I have to wear them all the time. I looked at the glasses direct website before but was dubious about using it because I've had a bad experience with another online provider who fitted the lenses in my new frames upside down... I went for the frame trial and had 4 frames delivered to my home, they came within a couple of days. The return postage was prepaid and sending the frames back was as simple as dropping the packet into the post box. I then ordered two pairs from the website and I went for the platinum and gold lense packages because of my prescription strength - I was very pleased to find that the total cost for both pairs was £180 [the last pair of glasses I bought from Boots cost £310, for one pair]. GD were in contact with me straight away the same afternoon to double check all of the details from my prescription, the customer service rep was very thorough. I had to send a pair of my old glasses to GD so that measurements could be checked for my new frames, GD sent me another prepaid envelope so that I could send them which is excellent. Sure enough after two days I had confirmation that my old glasses had been received any that my order was off for processing, my old glasses were returned in the mail straight away. The variety of frames on the website combined with the excellent customer service and value for money makes this company a winner in my eyes [no pun intended]

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by Millsye1968 (1 review written)

I ordered a home trial which didn't arrive I had accidentally sent it to my previous address, which I wasn't aware of. I rang the customer services department as I was worried I would be charged, the lady I spoke to was really helpful and understanding and assured me I wouldn't be charged and was really polite. I think this is an excellent example of customer service as it was an honest mistake which was dealt with efficiently and she wasn't judgemental at all.

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by ClaireDobson (1 review written)

I read some really good reviews so thought I would give it a try. Ordered 2 pairs of glasses. Really pleased with them. Tracked my order which kept saying prescription required which I had emailed within 2 minutes of ordering. I called and they couldn't take it on line so I faxed it across at their request. 24 hours later it still said the same so I called to chase. They then inform me they have the fax but the 2 glasses I had ordered and paid for are no longer in stock. They then proceeded to tell me the refund would take a few days to go back in to my bank. They confirmed that until they have entered the prescription they do not complete the order and reserve the glasses. Will NOT recommend to anyone!