Acer AL1916W Reviews

3.9
  • Quality

Acer AL1916W - Ask a question now

“hello all of my friends.I am very happy to share this...”

written by Himadree on 19/02/2010

hello all of my friends.I am very happy to share this experience on the
Acer AL1916W new technology LCD monitor.I will try to describe both of its bad and good sides.

The new Acer AL1916W LCD monitor provide nice cost effective facilities.Its brightness is quite , like 300cd/m2 and having optimal contrast ratio 500.1 render crisp images.

But i got some of complain too.And this problem is about its lighting resolution.Many of forms have discussed about this problem.The Acer AL1916W LCD monitor can't hold its lighting resolution for a big period.After first 9 or 10 month ,its resolution fall down.But we should remember this, that every new products comes with new facility and new problem.This a true.

“Acer is a famous computer device making company. They...”

written by seo1394 on 16/02/2010

Acer is a famous computer device making company. They have nice monitor brands.Acer AL1916W mointor is a fine monitor of Acer offering good quality picture. It looks nice.

“This Acer AL1916W mointor has been brillant to me for...”

written by steveo1259 on 01/06/2009

This Acer AL1916W mointor has been brillant to me for the past 5 years with no signs of failing yet, it also had no dead pixels on it and for its price range has very little colour variation when looking at it from an angle.

“We are very unhappy with the failure rate of these 30%...”

written by likuidkewl on 15/12/2008

We are very unhappy with the failure rate of these 30% in 8 months is unacceptable.
2 of them had/have a thin blue line through them, the other had lost its ability to display a stable image at all(aka really blurry display)
Granted Acer fixed them for free but we still needed replacements and had to pay for shipping. 3 out of 10.

“This Acer Computer Monitor, is so great for the price,...”

written by MistterK on 15/02/2008

This Acer Computer Monitor, is so great for the price, in fact the only bad thing I have to say about it is there are no height adjustments. But everything else is great, I even bought two!

“I have Acer AL1916W for some time now and so far had...”

written by tomash on 08/07/2006

I have Acer AL1916W for some time now and so far had no problems. This one came with one dead pixel, but that happens with LCDs. I paid around $250 CAD for it. It is much better than my old CRT. I was surprised with the picture quality and the brightness, plus it takes almost no space on my desk. I did not like monitor's sharpness when it was set to resolution other than 1440 X 900. It looked like the bottom of the monitor got blurred. Sharpness is perfect at 1440 X 900. There is also possibility to mount this monitor on the wall if you purchase additional bracket. I watched quite a few movies on my AL1916W and was completely satisfied. The fact that this monitor is widescreen is just making it easier to work in Photoshop and better to watch movies. Monitor frame and the base, however, feel like they were made from quite cheap plastic material. Base does not adjust at all. I am not going to complain about things like no USB slots on the base since everyone who pays $250 for a monitor has to expect that. I must say, if you are looking for a cheap monitor for everyday use, go for this one....