PC Specialist www.pcspecialist.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for PC Specialist www.pcspecialist.co.uk

“Easy to use”

Written on: 23/11/2022 by nbassi98 (1 review written)

This was a user friendly experience whereby I could design my PC how I saw fit. There is a premium in cost but it is worth it if you’re not the most knowledgable with PC building. Would recommend

“Amazing customer service ”

Written on: 18/11/2022 by Jolyon1234 (1 review written)

Ive had 2PCs and 1 laptop from them and they have all been amazing. Any issues that i have had, have been sorted very quickly and easily.

“EXCELLENT SERVICE ”

Written on: 11/10/2022 by LeidonLtd (1 review written)

Excellent service and laptops

“Fantastic Build and Unsurpassed Service”

Written on: 10/10/2022 by clive_price (1 review written)

You don't buy a new PC every day and having researched and being recommended to PC Specialist, I custom-ordered a new mid-tower AMD Ryzen 5 system. The ordering process was particularly good as the system helped me avoid over-specifying and made suggestions for a better build. Pricing was competitive and the order was placed, acknowledged and tracked from that moment forward. The machine arrived in 6-days and was well packed and accompanied by some really good literature and a manual that helped ne set this up very easily. One tiny issue was a loose component responsible for the post-test beep on start-up - it had come out in transit. One email elicited a fast response the same day with a link to a motherboard manual and clear guidance how to replace this - which took seconds. Opening up the side of the PC displays the highest level of build quality and a really tidy layout. Excellent. Overall the machine is quiet, speedy and not overburdened with bloatware or unnecessary limited time offers etc. PC Specialist - professional, brilliantly engineered and great service response. I could not be happier with my purchase and I think I got real value and I have every confidence that the guys at PC Specialist are there for me if I need help. Five-stars at every level from me.

“Terrible packing but made amends fast”

Written on: 10/10/2022 by ash_rage (1 review written)

Ordered a £5k gaming machine. When it arrived the box was battered, opened it to see the front of the machine was smashed due to it having no padding. Complained to PC Specialist and to be fair they replaced all the broken parts. Offered to even swap the whole machine. Was shocked they packed the machine so badly and would think twice about ordering from them again. Other issues were things like the graphics card not being secured properly inside the unit, forgetting to give me my spiderman code, sending the machine and parts in multiple deliveries over different days. Other than the above the process was fine, they dealt with my issues promptly but whole thing could have been avoided had it been packed properly.

“Top Job”

Written on: 17/09/2022 by brockster (2 reviews written)

Great service. Website very clear and easy to use. Laptop arrived on time.

“very happy with pc specialist ”

Written on: 16/08/2022 by jamieold (1 review written)

was a very good price what i got and did not take long to build and be deliverd to me and once received they was very good at helping me get it set up

“Good experience ”

Written on: 15/08/2022 by cxBreen363 (1 review written)

We built a custom Elimina Series laptop order and the overall experience was fast and efficient. PC Specialist keep us informed throughout the order process of when it was being built, tested and then dispatched. The laptop itself is a high quality product and we are very happy with it so far. We would use PC Specialist in the future and would highly recommend their service.

“Workstation PC”

Written on: 11/08/2022

My second purchase from PC Specialist. Happy with product and support for laptop purchased 4 years ago, so entrusted them to supply a PC workstation. So far, all happy with the help & support received with this computer.

“Fantastic service, great product”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by xgCassidy144 (1 review written)

I’m really pleased I choose to buy my laptop from PC specialist, straight-forward and hassle free. I’ve had it for 6 months now and still absolute love it, no issues whatsoever.

“a bit more time needed”

Written on: 19/06/2022 by Jeffrey1959 (1 review written)

The website and ordering process is superb, and the care taken to keep me up to date with how the order was progessing was excellent. The delivery was smooth and the courier was a nice guy. I upgraded to Windows11 because I tried it at work and I like the interface. I added Avast Premium security with VPN and all seems fine. i've had a couple of 'hang-ups' when booting, but let's see how we go... The machine is beautiful. I bought a 27" monitor as an extra so I can do graphic work. Nice monitor and a great price. I am only not giving 5 stars because it's very early days....

“Fast and Reliable ”

Written on: 18/06/2022 by 427Romero (1 review written)

Everything came quickly and worked straight from the box. I was kept informed of the progress of the construction and delivery at every step. Information on the set up arrived in advance and with the computer; easy! The automatic checking prevented me from making mistakes, such as not having suitable power for the graphic card. Something I would never have picked up on. It didn't pick up that I only had a 2.4Gz band internet card for a gaming computer, when 5Gz would have been better. My mistake really. (But I've a dongle so I can make it work). The website was a little confusing, you do need some level of technical knowledge. It would be very useful too be able to save and share builds.

“Fantastic product and service”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by Rubydiamond (1 review written)

Really easy website to navigate, great that it checks compatibility, good value for money. Very quick from order to delivery despite long bank holiday weekend. Excellent quality, well packaged and delivered safely. Very easy to set up with clear instructions to get started. Was up and running within minutes. Highly recommended glad I received advice from a previous customer to go down the custom route rather than off the shelf. Not had any need to contact customer services for any help although good email communication from order to delivery explains progress from production to quality checks to despatch. Very satisfied customer.

“Don't Bother Unless You Are A Computer Geek”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by Chis52 (1 review written)

I ordered the PC Specialist Vanguard PRO 23.8 AIO machine with an adjustable stand after my son recommended PC Specialist to me. Choosing the specification and ordering was straightforward and the delivery was quicker than forecast. However, when the machine arrived there were no instructions on how to put the stand together and adjust it. I had to phone their support service and even they were not able to offer much help initially, although they eventually put together a video which they sent to me the following day and this explained the process quite well. So after an unnecessary 24 hour delay I was able to erect the stand and mount the machine and switch on. However the only written information that came with this machine was a welcome booklet which was so non-specific to my machine it was completely useless. There was a complete lack of basic information about any of the switches and input/output ports. Although I am a senior citizen of mature years I have been using PCs and laptops for over 25 years and have kept up to date with modern technology. Nevertheless I do expect to have some information when I purchase a new PC and this simply wasn't there on this occasion.

“Good service, good products, reasonable value.”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by 344House (1 review written)

Good service, good products, reasonable value.

“Experience wasn't great.”

Written on: 13/05/2022 by SolomonPiper484 (1 review written)

I'm not a computer expert, so I emailed PCS with the spec of what I thought I needed (and I stated that I was open to advice as Imight be over-spec'ing), plus my budget, only to receive a reply that they didn't have anything within my budget, but to got to their website and have a look at the PC builder (even though I'd advised I had no idea how to build a PC / choose components). So in the end I rang, which was a much better option and actually got some help. I was talked through the options, but I still had to query whether I should be adding the wireless adapter as I'd stated that I need to connect to a wireless printer and the wi-fi... When the PC came, the box was filled with lots of accessories and bits, so I had to ring again to get it confirmed that I could could ignore all of them (aside from the wireless USB adapter). I managed to load up the OS (Windows 11) and all of my required software (anti-virus, Office, printer drivers etc) only for there to be an issue with the taskbar settings menu not opening. Had to ring technical help and the agent logged onto my machine, coudln't fix it, advised it looks like a Windows set up error, and then rebooted the machine - so had to spend another few hours setting up Windows and loading the required software back onto it. Then it turned out my printers weren't compatoble with Windows 11 (which I had no idea about, hence looking for advice initially), and I had to contact PCS again to get a download to install Windows 10...and go through the whole set up for a third time. Then I also found the usual brightness setting in Windows 10 is not on this OS. Maybe you get a lot of PC for your money this way, but for me I wish I'd gone into a store, spoken with someone and bought a plug-and-play PC.

“Two high end CAD stations - very impressed!”

Written on: 04/05/2022 by HydeEngUK (1 review written)

Ordered two very high end CAD stations (Dual GPU systems, RTX3090 and Quadro RTX 4000). They work fantastically, had an issue with one system where two of the 4 ram sticks were faulty, raised it with tech support and problem resolved and new ram sent out no questions asked. Cannot fault the level of communication from order through build to ultimate delivery. Would 100% recommend.

“Great build quality”

Written on: 30/04/2022 by mertpaker (1 review written)

I purchased a custom build PC two weeks ago. The process was fast, the build quality was great and the care with the cable management was over my expectations. You can easily update your order. The graphic card that I wanted was not available during my purchase, and I settled for an alternative card. I updated my order as soon as I realised that the card that I wanted was available in the stocks. They send update emails while processing your order (building, testing, etc.), which is very nice...

“Great PC at a great price”

Written on: 29/04/2022 by Hadenuffofit (1 review written)

I have 3 PC Specialist computers and am very happy with all of them. The latest one bought this month has the new Z690 chipset and the price was great. Support were very responsive, giving me guidance on how to ensure my own graphics card would fit ok, and during construction passing messages to the builder to ensure the Graphics card power cables were positioned correctly. Note that they make each system to order, which means there is a delay between ordering and delivery. In my case I ordered on the 9th with delivery on 20th. I am very happy with my PCSpecialist machines.

“Incredibly easy setup, great computer.”

Written on: 29/04/2022 by Theresau8 (1 review written)

The computer arrived on time, and setup was very easy. The computer itself works amazingly. The customisability of the computer was great, and the website makes sure you don't spend extra money on redundant parts, such a more expensive powersupply, when a xheaper one would work just as well. Overall, I am incredibly happy with my purchase, and would definitely recommend them to friends and family in the future!

Asked by Bobby24 on 10th January 2022 Report this content
As I have no experience building a pc, should I consider getting tech assistance or just try build it on my own based of what I can find on YouTube?

Answers (4)
Report this content jackdaws_of_midgard Written on: 11/01/2022
I have built many systems myself, and usually I would build the system personally, but with the current state of the market for GPUs, and CPUs, I would recommend getting a service like PCSpecialist to build the system as you are going to save money. That said, there is no danger in looking at YouTube channels like Gamers Nexus (highly recommend), and JayZTwoCents (also very good). The first thing you want to look at is what you need the system for. Look at your current monitor, if it only does 60hz, then I wouldn't try for a 120fps system unless you plan to upgrade your monitor as well. Unfortunately, it really is a deep dark endless cave of possibilities, but if you build around the Games or Applications you want to use, then you should be fine. If you plan on streaming, try to ensure you get as many threads on your CPU as you can, and 32gb of Ram is really where you need to be at a minimum. GPU wise, go with what you can afford at the upper limit, as the GPU and CPU will make the biggest differences to your systems capabilities. I also recommend a SSD or two as they make a HUGE difference to perceived speed and load times. Good luck, I hope this helped.
Report this content nagiw Written on: 11/01/2022
It won't save you much, if any, money building it yourself, especially in the current market. If you want to do it for fun then go ahead, many of the build videos on YouTube are very good and it's not that difficult. You may struggle to get a decent GPU though at the moment.
Report this content daniel10e6 Written on: 11/01/2022
If you'd really like to build it yourself, check out the buildapc subreddit where there's plenty of people who'll give you tips and advice. It can be fun and you learn a lot. Personally, although I've built my own PCs in the past, I'd rather pay the (relatively small) extra cost of getting a company to do all of the assembly, testing etc. and have an overall warranty on the computer. I've bought my last two PCs from PCSpecialist, and found them to be very good. You still get to choose the components yourself, they ensure it's all going to work together, and you get a fully working and tested computer delivered.
Report this content SteveGraphicsGuru Written on: 11/01/2022
You should consider getting tech assistance, i have had built to my own specification the equipment i need from PC Specialist, (I have had my last two laptops from them, great service and no, i don't work for them lol). It would make sense to talk to them first as they would have a better grasp of what is currently available in the market right now. They would also know what is best suited to your budget and build according to what you are going to use your PC or laptop for. hope this helps.
Asked by RossAylott719 on 14th October 2021 Report this content
Is the elimina pro laptop aluminium or plastic?

Asked by coreylongley on 8th January 2018 Report this content
For some reason I keep getting loaded into the bios. I am new at pcs and don’t know how to fix the problem I have tried restarting it but nothing’s works any help would be appreciated I did buy the pc from pc specialists and I have a ASUs bio.

Answers (3)
Report this content denimknight Written on: 10/01/2018
I'd get in touch with PC Specialist, they're customer service is really good... Usually a computer will boot straight to bios if it can't find a valid boot device (ie a hard drive / SSD). Like I said though, give PC Specialist a shout and they should be able to sort you out.
Report this content Ninjakiwi Written on: 10/01/2018
If you check the bootable devices in the Bios settings and don't find the HDD/SSD with the OST on it then you can try checking the physical connection with the drive and motherboard. If it's already connected properly then there may be a fault. In which case as said just get advice from PC specialist
Report this content RickyMeekle Written on: 11/01/2018
Check your BIOS settings for any automatic BIOS access - Like.. As soon as you turn it on, look for something that can turn it off. Also I would recommend speaking to PC Specialist about it.
Asked by Kelvin.morton03 on 28th August 2017 Report this content
I've ordered a desktop but I added something I don't want will I get my money back if I can cancel the one item ?

Answers (2)
Report this content airheadgreg Written on: 29/08/2017
Contact PC Specialist and ask.
Report this content micjac Written on: 29/08/2017
I would phone them they are very helpful. I would think it depends on how far they have got. they are the best computer firm I have dealt with.my pc is great
Asked by Castleman on 1st December 2014 Report this content
I'm considering buying a laptop from them and wondered what are the actual laptop itself is like? What make or brand can they be compared to? Are they just a cheap case/shell around quality components or as I'm hoping a decent bit of hardware? Thanks in advance to everyone!

Answers (18)
Report this content hywel Written on: 02/12/2014
Sorry, I can't help with this, I bought a desktop where you can configure the case. The desktops they have on display seem pretty good and I would be surprised if they were cheap, my case is excellent. Might be worth calling them for their response; they're a pretty helpful bunch. Good luck
Report this content rubentorres Written on: 02/12/2014
The chassis is sourced by Clevo. I got a vortex IV and the quality is pretty good as well as value for money compare to an Asus or MSI laptop. The chassis is sturdy and I have never experienced a problem with it.
Report this content Loulybob Written on: 02/12/2014
I can't answer on the laptop front as I bought a desktop from them but the PC casing I got from them is great and the computer itself is still top notch after 18 months and I haven't had any problems with it. Comparing the laptop section to the desktop section seems like that you get what you pay for with the case, as I chose a medium-price case to hold the components as there's no point in tons of great hardware if the case can't ventilate! Sorry I can't be of more specific help but the desktops are great and the cases for the desktops had a wide range and the one I chose is quality and I presume it is the same for laptops C:
Report this content CGlobal Written on: 02/12/2014
I purchased a laptop from them around 1 year ago and I have to say I was disappointed. For the price I paid (around £1.5k) I expected good service and a product of a high standard, but got neither. They are very good at hooking you in to buy, but do not follow that with any decent level of service. The laptop I received is the spec I ordered, but its size and weight are far more than a comparitive product by another manufacturer. I actually now use it as a desktop as its not something which is easily portable. It was also delivered with a dead pixel despite their "full quality assurance process". When I contact their Support about this, I was basically told it was not their problem..
Report this content pedro555 Written on: 02/12/2014
Hi i have purchased a desktop from them, excellent service, products are first class im about to order a 2nd system from them, I would think they are of great quality. best of luck
Report this content tonvdg Written on: 02/12/2014
Quality is very good. Much better as the branded ones I have to deal with through the company I work for. Quality of service as well as the machine cannot be compared with companies like Dell or Lenovo. If you have a question or a problem you are dealing with people who know what they are talking about, which is rarely the case at PC world or Dell.
Report this content superpanda Written on: 02/12/2014
I have a top end laptop from them. The chassis case is made by a Taiwan company called Clevo. The build quality of the chassis is very good, strong and sturdy and has survived two foot drops onto carpet without taking any damage. The screen quality is good but not top end as it flickers slightly when put on low energy modes. The sound quality is aweful - the Onko speakers are tinny and quiet.
Report this content rmcrawte Written on: 02/12/2014
Having worked in the IT industry for many years I have used a wide variety of laptop brands. I would consider PC Specialist to be on the upper end of the market as regards build quality. Possibly not quite as robust as Lenovo but not far behind.
Report this content John-Ireland Written on: 02/12/2014
I've been using my PC Specialist laptop for about 1 year without any issues. Its a high spec gaming machine running as a 1TB Raid - I don't play games but desired the specification for business graphics. Excellent build quality, robust and just works. My previous machine was a Japanese version Toshiba Satellite and I believe the PC Specialist machine to be at least comparable. Being a top of the range machine it is HEAVY and should be considered a lug-able desktop replacement. Being heavy my only (minor)gripe is the very slim plastic feet/pegs on the base - they cut into my legs necessitating the use of a rigid hardboard/plastic spacer between my flesh and the computer. Why they couldn't have made them wider with a soft rubber foot is a mystery. Excellent screen clarity and resolution. Full sized keyboard. The ONKYO speakers are OK for speech but lack depth for any serious music. It will run Windows 7 and Linux but Oracle Solaris has to be run under VM Virtualbox. Staff have responded to quickly online questions. If ordering a specialist top-end machine it will take time for the build to be accomplished - don't expect it next week!!! Good value for money and worthy of serious investigation; however the choice is yours. Overall
Report this content Zarathrustra Written on: 02/12/2014
I've had my laptop for about 15 months now: OPtimus V. It runs well, so I think on the performance stakes its good. However, it is heavy; not easily portable (tho' I do just that, carrying it in my rucksack). I consider it good value for money in terms of performance/£ - mine was the highest spec, considerably cheaper than alternative mainstream providers.
Report this content salg04086 Written on: 02/12/2014
Hello, I bought a desktop which was cased in a CM Storm enforcer. The pc is great. I have had no issues with it since purchase. I have had the PC for nearly two years and the only issue I had was with my graphics card after purchase. I recommend if you do purchase a new laptop with this company you opt for an extended warranty so that if you do have any issues you are covered. Hope this helps
Report this content Tim3243 Written on: 03/12/2014
Well, I've only had my laptop a few weeks, so this is no long-term test. But... Others [below] will tell you the chassis make, but it has got to be strong & sturdy, cos it weighs a chunk. Which, apart from the portability aspect, I think is a positive. It's not going to warp or twist. And in fairness, it is a 17" model too. Nice keyboard too. my old laptops have usually been Dells', so a big improvement on those. Nice cool looking cover as well; sort of grey/bronze effect, with no external badging. Matt screen works fine, as does everything else. As to the hardware, aside from the chassis, that is really down to you. never had a problem with all of my 3 PCS machines ; and all are still working fine.
Report this content Ubserelio Written on: 03/12/2014
I have the PC Specialist ultranote. As others have mentioned, the chassis is made by clevo. I'd say the build quality is good and compares well with other laptop brands bar Apple and maybe Lenovo. The screen is full HD IPS and it is excellent. As for dealing with PC Specialist, I have bought a laptop and desktop from them as well as several upgrade items. I've never had a problem with them and I'd say they are honest and know their stuff. They discouraged me from adding some spurious components to my desktop configuration. Overall, I'd recommend them.
Report this content ejmarriage Written on: 03/12/2014
I bought a Laptop from the PC Specialist in 2011 to replace my Sony Vaio Laptop, which had served me well for ten years. The PC Specialist website is easy to navigate when building your own Laptop and the Cases are of good quality. You can also pay extra for an engineer to do an install and carry out a Data Transfer. After Sales Care is good and they are happy to answer any questions. Would recommend the PC Specialist and I shall buy from them again. I hope that the above information on my experience of the PC Specialist is of help.
Report this content Matster187 Written on: 03/12/2014
Hi there, as you can see someone has already mentioned 'Clevo'... They are indeed Clevo cases with a MoBo pre-installed at factory. The system is then customised by the retailer i.e. PcSpecialist, to fit the requirements of the customer (you). I bought the OptimusIV system and spent around the £800 mark. Having done some research online it seemed the only way forward as other manufacturers just don't have the customisation available and are too dear for starters. Leave Dell HP Compaq alone coz there pants... Also, if your not so good with computers and don't know what to buy, ask a friend who does for help choosing the parts.. Goodluck..
Report this content Blazinby Written on: 03/12/2014
In my experience (and friends too) PCSpecialist sell good quality products cheaply and not cheap products.I have only good things to say about their service and they are really helpful. If you have an enquiry simply phone them and they will not give you a hard sell (they don't need to). Happy Hunting :)
Report this content Flobble Written on: 03/12/2014
I configured and bought a laptop for my sons college course. The quality is fine and it works as expected Our config was a mixture of gaming/multimedia (good graphics card) and programming workbench (memory, processor) the selection was powerful enough and good value I didn't go for a name brand as the combinations I wanted were not available elsewhere
Report this content DjRicardo Written on: 03/12/2014
Hi Castleman The only chassis I can tell you about is the Cosmos 2 17.3 in chassis the top is brushed gunmetal grey metal and it is the same on the keyboard area the finish is excellent and it really looks the part the chassis is not cheap and it does not flex the laptop weighs over 3kg I would not hesitate to buy another hope this helps