Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk Reviews

Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“good ”

Written on: 25/08/2020 by priyatakur (1 review written)

priaytaku iam giving good rating for this

“Was ok, Now fails in billing and service”

Written on: 18/06/2020 by vhJane (1 review written)

Was ok have been with them for years. Now the new billing system doesn't send out bills but they put you onto debt collectors. They have changed the reference number without telling the customer and don't answer the phone or answer the phone and put it down on you. I want renewable energy with quarterly paper bills paying by Bacs. I have tried to sort it out and spent 3 hours on the phone, to be told it can't be changed its "the system".

Fussyfellow's Response to vhJane's Review

Written on: 09/07/2020

I was recently speaking to a former employee of Good Energy and they confirmed to me that the company was moving straight to debt collection when their billing system failed.

Read 1 Comment

“Good Energy creates Bad Energy”

Written on: 15/04/2020 by DeanoGB (21 reviews written)

I ended up with Good Energy by default. I bought a house with Solar panels and Good Energy held the FIT (Feed in Tariff) for the panels. Updating me as the owner of the panels was a hell of a challenge, but got there in the end, 3 months later. Two years later I changed my bank account and wanted Good Energy to update my bank details. 12 working days later... no response from Good Energy. So raised it again with them... no response. Now I am transferring away from them completely. I never want anything to do with this company ever again. Good Energy creates Bad Energy with me.

“Not very competent”

Written on: 04/09/2017 by Listertuk (1 review written)

Not happy with good energy Messed up standing order amounts so energy bill mounted up Asked to correct but didn't increase to remove deficit as requested Switched and still got left with large lump sum Web site useless compared to other suppliers

“Bad Admin”

Written on: 09/05/2017 by JavionVaughan (1 review written)

It took 3 months to transfer to Good Energy. Very poor security - they ring up and ask you to go outside and read the meter while they wait - despite me sending in meter readings. Good, there are several ways to pay - you can even pay by cheque quarterly. But have just had two quarterly bills a few days apart! This is due to yet another computer system so-called upgrade. Standing charge is very high. Overall I pay 4 times the wholesale price for electricity.

“sent me a gas bill with a meter reading, I have no...”

Written on: 14/01/2017 by Kendallgs442 (1 review written)

Bunch of shameless imbeciles sent me a gas bill with a meter reading and standing charge, I have no mains gas and have never heard of this dirty worthless sham company took ten minutes to answer the phone and hung up on me rather than apologise it is impossible for me to express my discust, avoid at all costs. Satans little meat puppets ruining the world for everyone while pretending to be righteous.

“Shockingly poor”

Written on: 12/01/2017 by Haylie39 (1 review written)

Good Energy put us on Economy 10, something that we never asked for and Good Energy never explained. This means that we get 2 standing charges - the second one being for the Economy 10, but as it's not connected to anything there is no usage associated with it. It took some time to get Good Energy to explain why they were making the second standing charge and of course once we did understand we asked for it to be stopped. They messed us around for a few months but eventually agreed it could be stopped if they changed our meter. For this they need to send an engineer out, but it is impossible to make an appointment. You can't ring and find out when there are appointments available, you can just request one half day appointment at a time. They then get back to you weeks later to tell you there is no availability that day. So you then have to ask for another one. Giving them multiple options over several months doesn't help, they still only consider one half day at a time. I've even been told that there were no appointments in the morning but I could have had an appointment in the afternoon (despite telling them I could have done either when I requested the date), and by the time they told me that the afternoon appointments were no longer available. We did agree an appointment once - and the engineer didn't turn up. They informed me he wasn't going to turn up by email on the day of the appointment after I had already been waiting 3 hours. I have been trying to arrange the engineer appointment since August, and it is now January, and there is still no sign of every actually getting the meter changed. In the mean time of course they are continuing to make this standing charge for something we never asked for and have never used and isn't actually connected to anything. They told me they would refund me for the standing charges when they had changed the meter - but they won't actually make the change, and frankly I don't believe they will keep their promise. I'm stuck between cutting my losses and switching now or continuing to wait for an appointment. It's criminal.

“DO NOT SWITCH TO THESE”

Written on: 08/10/2016 by KinsleyBoyle (1 review written)

I switched from Scottish Power to this bunch of incompetent buffoons with one of my rental properties. One of my biggest mistakes! Corresponding meter readings provided by 2 independant estate agents with zero usage on numerous occasions and 5 months later and £100 in credit which they have stolen from me; they provide a gas bill for just shy of £150 for less than 6 weeks, during the summer months, on an empty property with zero usage!!!! Beyond a joke now having spent atleast 40 minutes on hold before even having the 'pleasure' of speaking to one of the idiots that answer the phone and promise to take all the appropriate steps to ensure this matter is rectified. If you want to keep your sanity and have fewer grey hairs DO NOT SWITCH TO THEM!

“Trouble outfit avoid ”

Written on: 24/03/2016 by Morteman (1 review written)

I had good energy as fit provider at which they are the worst slowest payers but having trouble with n power it seemed a good idea to have same comp to supply gas Big mistake. They have robbed me l took them to court but with big pockets employed expensive barristers did settle out of court but then screwed me again BBC Rio ffvbrutain took up case but due to courts action l appeared but couldn't name them in nervier You think your supplier is bad you have n idea

“FIT Payments”

Written on: 23/03/2016 by 201Brewer (1 review written)

I have had sola panel since 2012 Good energy keep saying the serial number I supply don't match the ones on there records I don't know what they are doing as I have sent photos I cannot do any more but the same problem keeps coming round resulting in no FIT payment my advice is don't use them as it is chaos

Deanogb's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2020

I feel your pain... I have solar panels are they been nothing better than incompetent since I landed with them by default when I bought the house. From taking ownership, to updating my ban details. Now I am moving away from them... they are hopeless.

Read 1 Comment

“Apalling admin.”

Written on: 23/03/2016 by Haynesdv218 (1 review written)

Four months and still waiting for FIT documentation. They promised action within 10 days forty days ago. They no longer reply to e mails. PV installer insisted I registered with them. Listened to MS Davenport on Radio 4 interview and was really impressed on her convincing arguments for Renewable Energy. However her ability run a company is undermined by her lack of attention to detail- like administration.

“Good Energy for who?”

Written on: 19/03/2016 by ANNISD (1 review written)

I signed up with Good Energy in November 2015 then I heard nothing from them or the old supplier. They said it would be easy for me if I created a My Account which I did but now its anything but easy. I have contacted them many times since their request for me to pay my quarterly bill. They send me a reminder or an acknowledgment by email. Their readings are estimated despite giving them customer readings and now they are threatening collection of monies while I am will be officially complaining about them, so you see its not as GOOD as it implies. I would never ever recommend this company not even to my worst enemy. I should have made independent enquiries reading online reviews would have helped me to avoid this company. Its not about the money (even though one would still like cheaper fuel bills)but its the lack of basic customer service standards expected in the UK. This company is more about the CEO's idea on making money than providing good energy to the customer, she seems oblivious or incapable of knowing what the customer wants from a energy supplier especially in the UK. Also the bill charged is more than a four bedroom home would cost for the same time (4 months) hence my concerns to see an itemised bill/invoice. Now I am wondering if they understand standard English language. Its GOOD ENERGY for the CEO of this company but not necessarily for the customer

“Incompetent, unprofessional and poor customer service”

Written on: 10/01/2016

Nothing but trouble we have had since going with this provider.our bills are higher than before and thats with solar panels.customer service is absolutely awful, 5 year old could do better. No communication between them always keen to put the fault at our feet not there own Over charged by a faulty meter but haven't seen a penny back from them, ombudsman now involved as they still have not settled our complaint. Avoid this company at all costs.

“customer service”

Written on: 20/12/2015 by 415Kent (1 review written)

I was advised to use Good Energy by the installers of our solar panels to obtain a feed-in tariff, biggest mistake I could have made. No one answers the phone whatever ext.you use unless it's sale.-the recorded messages are a farce and a lie and the website quotes are obviously made up by GE.WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER DEALT WITH.

“No Customer Service”

Written on: 06/12/2015 by inHolder54 (1 review written)

I switched to good energy in October and set up a direct debit. However, the direct debit was never set up. When I called Good energy they were unable to set up the direct debit by phone - They made the excuse that the details I was giving them weren't being verified by Experian. I then discovered that there's no way of checking usage or updating details online. All in all Good energy provide a truly substandard service. By far the worst energy company I've ever used.

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 08/09/2015 by Clays160 (1 review written)

When I changed suppliers to them there were long and dawn out issues, which they blamed on the previous supplier.When I left, there were more issues, which were apparently my new suppliers fault! Poor customer service and I seemed to be the only one keen to resolve the problem. I think there are easier ways that go green-if you are spending lots of time on the phone and writing countless letters it sort of negates the point of being with good energy!

“Stepping back to the stone age”

Written on: 13/08/2015 by alanomaly (1 review written)

No online accounts. No way to see your bill online. No way to pay online except through your bank. Everything is done by post or by phone. To make it worse, their call centre can't handle the number of calls they get, and has ridiculously restricted opening hours. If you try to set up an account through any third party switch service, they WILL get it wrong and they will be unable to sort out the mess they make. Leaving the country? Tough, they can ONLY send the final bill by post, they can't email it, and it'll take them 14 days to even do that. I'm prepared to cut them a little slack for supporting renewables, hence 3/5 not 2/5, and the prices seemed okay (not great but not awful), but for everything else, they're incompetent.

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 14/03/2015 by District (1 review written)

Execrable company.They failed to set up dual fuel direct debits despite having all the details.A claim was made that they were in dispute with previous suppliers and I would have to travel over 300 miles to photo the meter and send it to them.In the meantime they said they would not activate a direct debit they DID have until the problem was resolved.Guess what? They did and now they have my money but they are not my suppliers!

“Dreadful Lying deceitful company”

Written on: 10/03/2015

I do not normally write reviews - but this company is the worst of the worst. Sadly had to deal with them twice. First instance they through (their) error start billing my wife's grandmother. Their bills were 5 x greater than EDF. They threatened bailiffs. I intervened and dealt with awful customer service where staff constantly lied and threatened. Asked for a copy of the contract between parties (there wasn't one) but they maintained it was on there screen. We kept getting invoices but just ignored them - eventually following another letter I sent asking for a copy of the contract they gave up - they were simply trying it on. Now my father dealing with them following installation of PV panels - they did not make the three registrations they were meant to and now maintaining that was our fault despite writing saying it was an admin error. The Ombudsman is even more toothless. Still dealing but suspect BBC watchdog will enjoy this

“AWEFUL! DONT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGE POLE! ”

Written on: 05/03/2015

If you have any sense, please please try to avoid this company at all costs. After joining this company under the pretext that I would be contributing to a greener more consumer focused energy company, I have been left reeling from their truely terrible service. As it stands now I have had NO bill for over 17 months. In fact, I had to repeatedly contact them informing them of this. I was assured most fervently that I would not be forced into debt, they took full responsibility for this, informing me that it was due to first) human error and then due to ) an internal system error. They were 33 days from being leagaily required to cancel my entire bill. They cobbled together a incorrect bill, and now I'm left with them harassing me and ignoring the citizens advice. TERRIBLE PEOPLE WORK HERE! Also I would like to say, I didn't even want to give them ANY STARSHIP in fact there should be a negitive score, as they do not deserve even 1 star.