CarShop, Northampton Reviews

CarShop, Northampton - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for CarShop, Northampton

CarShop, Northampton

“Steer clear”

Written on: 22/02/2020 by Rachd08 (1 review written)

Would never, ever recommend. My husband purchased a car on finance for me just 4 weeks ago from Cardiff branch. The staff were very friendly and helpful on the day. But today a issue arose with the car and that’s when things have gone downhill fast. The person at customer support bad attitude, unsympathetic, unhelpful rude and didn’t have a clue (apparently the underneath of a car is cosmetic???). A person at Cardiff branch granted was a little better but nowhere near like the branch was… Read Full Review

“Car died in under a week - No customer Service - AVOID!”

Written on: 13/05/2019 by richsimpson (1 review written)

Buy car. Within 2 hours the engine light is on. Book appointment to be looked at - within 6 days the car is total fail. Has to be dragged onto a flat bed and recovered, organised by them? No - by the customer!!! Seriously. Now wait for days to find out what they might do and in the meantime no courtesy car or offer to help. Unbelievably shocking service. Might repair, might not, might refund, might not..... either way it will all take 7 - 10 days! Need to make sure there is a problem… Read Full Review

“Terrible, save yourself time & money!!”

Written on: 27/01/2019 by cliveg73 (1 review written)

Unlike other car buying websites Carshop advertise a Guaranteed amount for your car - Not the case, when I arrived they looked at the car and valued it less £300 + £50 admin fee due to damage - in this case the alloy wheels & stone chips - Please show me ANY car on the road without stone chips! However I accepted as I was there and already arranged a lift home only now there was an issue with ID even though on the booking sheet it wasn't specified under 3 months to be valid - They have small… Read Full Review

“Quality of vehicles and after service”

Written on: 14/04/2018 by Nicholsuw109 (1 review written)

I would NEVER buy a car form them again. Sales guys are OK now that they no longer swoop on you when you enter the premises. However, quality of cars is awful and quality of after service is awful. In fact, I’ve been told various stories by various individuals within the team about what work has, hasn’t been done on my car. I bought an E type Merc, and on day one of driving it any distance I identified there were electrical problem, steering issues and engine problems. Not what you… Read Full Review

“Shocking”

Written on: 07/02/2018 by KennediColeman132 (1 review written)

Initially, as to be expected, first point of contact helpful, courteous and polite. Car chosen, finance agreed three month guarantee?! Collections, went to collect car, no log book, no service? Had to pay £25 for v62 which would be 'reimbursed within 7-10 days' filled in form and taxed at post office, proof sent straight away. Nothing received within 28 days, email sent, advising would be there the following day. Cheque received. Cheque had incorrect title??? Mrs instead of Mr. Bank will not… Read Full Review

“No service book provided”

Written on: 28/01/2017 by ECoskun (2 reviews written)

I purchased a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2014 and was told that the car has full service history and first time I need to service the car would be 10 months time. Since the purchase I have been chasing CarShop to provide me the service book showing the service history but 1 month passed and they failed to do so. They have sent me a word document saying when the car was serviced which is useless worth nothing. I have also purchased RAC 3 Warranty which requires you to have service history in order to… Read Full Review

“avoid like the plague”

Written on: 26/10/2016 by ReaganO'Neill (1 review written)

this company will promise you anything to get a sale but deliver nothing if anything goes wrong they wont return your calls they just fead me lie after lie i was only given one key on collection my px was seriously devalued and after all docs were signed i was told i had no log book mot or service book whaaaat my advise is to look elsewere or if you are seriously tempted look at there feed back guess a lot of simlararity there… Read Full Review

“Top service ”

Written on: 31/10/2015 by jnRuiz385 (1 review written)

I was recommended to go to Carshop to get my car serviced. I called and them and was booked in, a good start as the process was quick and easy. When I took the car in I was really surprised at the welcome and the service as it was just like a main dealer. The best part though, the cost was less than half that of bmw, and on top of that all the parts are to bmw standard. They even provided a courtesy car like the dealer too. Overall a very good experience, And one I am happy to repeat… Read Full Review

“Exceptional Service and Customer Care”

Written on: 04/09/2015 by DaveStuttle (1 review written)

Our visit to the Car Shop at Northampton was very pleasant. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was expecting to be given the hard sell which car salespeople are notorious for but this was far from the real experience. All the staff were very helpful and tried to meet all of our needs. The whole experience far exceeded my expectations. We were given a lot of help and assistance in choosing our new car, the test drive was well conducted and the care taken over helping us source the right… Read Full Review

“Awful, DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE CON-ARTISTS”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by Figueroa225 (1 review written)

Before you buy a car you are subjected to constant pressure to buy extended warranties, guardex £300 to protect the seats, GAP insurance, RAC cover. When you decline these services they become aggressive and incredibly patronising. After buying a car within minutes we realised it was not fit for purpose as you could not fill up with Diesel for more than a few seconds at a time. They will do anything in their power not to return the car or give you a refund. We ended up being charged £500… Read Full Review

Dear Figueroa225

I am sorry to hear that you have been left less that happy with your recent experience at CarShop.

Our Sales team and Business Specialists are able to offer an excellent range of products to complement your purchase. Whilst we highly recommend them, the purchase decision is always with the customer and I am sorry to hear that you feel your decision was not accepted with the grace that it should have been.

With reference to our 7 Day Return policy, this is subject to terms and conditions that include mileage and administration costs. If you had felt the vehicle to be faulty, CarShop would have been more than happy to have arranged with you for it to have been fully repaired.

Pbroo's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2018

Having the same problem with this company. Don't pay them a penny for returning the car, it illegal for them to charge if you've had problems and or the car wasn't as sold to you. Report them to TS. If you have used finance to buy the car you are covered by the company providing the finance, contact them and tell them the issues.

Skinnyfatboy's Comment

Written on: 30/10/2016

i totally agree wanted to charge me £2 per mile plus admin charges and wont pay for the broken stereo after they agree to reimburse me now in the hands of trading standards also they had my neg feedback removed

Read 3 Comments

“ top blokes”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by Carverrq1991 (1 review written)

From finding the car we wanted to leaving with our new car was a 1 st class service from the lads in showroom 2. Keep up the good work and a big thank you… Read Full Review

Dear Carverrq1991

We are delighted that your recent experience with us was so positive and appreciate you taking the time to feedback on it.

We hope that you are enjoying your new car, don't forget to recommend us to friends and family!

You know where to come for your when its time for a change and we look forward to seeing you then.

“Great service!”

Written on: 29/04/2015 by STACEYW123 (1 review written)

Bought my last three cars from Carshop Northampton. The choice and prices are great and the service I received was quick and professional. Will deffinately keep purchasing from them!… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to STACEYW123's Review

Dear STACEYW123

“Couple hours search”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by 327Dillon (1 review written)

We had searched the web site and decided between 2 cars. Travelled down and was greeted by friendly staff. We went for test drive in both cars. We explained that this car was the second car in the household. Main purpose for the wife to commute to work and drive locally. He was very informative and explained economics of cars and this enabled us to make a final decision. We were then introduced to finance assistant. Who was very thorough and precise on all documents. Very knowledgable and… Read Full Review

Dear 327Dillon

We are delighted that your recent experience with us was overall a positive one and appreciate you taking the time to feedback on it.

We will feedback on your comments with regards collection of the vehicle to ensure that this is not repeated, apologies that you witness this and were dissappointed.

“Great car, great team”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by LPap10010 (1 review written)

Made an appointment to see a Corsa, when went to their site the car was ready and had been cleaned and they had assigned a salesman - Romeo to me. We went out in the car and I liked it (I had driven one elsewhere before) so I proceeded. I did not need much convincing but I felt that Romeo got the right balanced between attentiveness and backing off to allow me to decide myself. I was waiting for some money to come through so I just paid a £300 deposit to secure it and agreed that I would come… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to LPap10010's Review

Dear LPap10010

“Great choice”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Badgersmum (1 review written)

We chose this dealership as it was close to us and having looked on their website we new there was a wide variety of vehicles. Open minded and not sure what we wanted, upon arrival we were greeted at the entrance by a charming young lady who explained everything and showed us where to park our car. We were the introduced to a young guy, looked after us from there on. He found us the exact car that met all our needs, let us both my husband and I drive it, nothing was to much bother, would… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Badgersmum's Review

Dear Badgersmum

“Very satisfied”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Lewisthomas (1 review written)

Purchased a Audi A3 last week from the showroom at northampton, All the staff were friendly and polite, once we purchased the A3, we were given a date to collect it and when we arrived we there less than 30 minutes before we were driving home… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Lewisthomas's Review

Dear Lewisthomas

“Outstanding, Relaxed Service”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by arsenalgunner (1 review written)

The service we received from the sales team was outstanding, from the moment we arrived there was no pressure, I will be reccomending Car Shop to my Family and will be back to change the wifes car soon. The process is in sections, you choose your car with the sales team and then get introduced to the Business manager and then finally to the collection department from where you collect your car, but the whole thing runs smoothly… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to arsenalgunner's Review

Dear arsenalgunner

Read 1 Comment

“Much better than I expected”

Written on: 24/03/2015 by sarahwelham (1 review written)

Called in to the Northampton branch last week to find a new car. All the staff seemed friendly and we ended up spending most of our time with a guy. As i had no clear idea about what i wanted he had to help me narrow down my selection. After much discussion and many test drives i chose a mini. Next we were passed on to another guy to sort through the finance options and paperwork. This is normally a very lengthy process but he managed to get through it in less than hour. Finally we were off to… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to sarahwelham's Review

Dear Shellyo85

Read 1 Comment

“Fantastic showroom, helpful staff”

Written on: 24/02/2015 by Shellyo85 (1 review written)

I first went to the Carshop in October 2014. I brought a BMW 120 diesel 60 plate 70,000 miles. I had only had the car a week before I heard a noise coming from under the bonnet. I rang the Carshop and informed them and they sent the car to a BMW specialist and supplied me with a courtesy car for 2 weeks whilst the car was being looked at. Sadly the car wasn't economical for them to repair as the timing chain was on its way out, so they asked for the car back and we choose a Golf. No issues with… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Shellyo85's Review

Written on: 07/03/2015

Dear Shellyo85

“DO NOT BUY ”

Written on: 28/01/2015 by Riti (1 review written)

Brought an astra £7000 2013 with RAC warranty paid £500 for this 2yr plan. Was told that everything covered. I have done 17k miles after 1 1/2 yrs driven 25yrs never had clutch issue. Well last week it broke down garage checked clutch worn no friction at all , this falls under wear and tear so they refused claim. It was so worn that likely to to have caused by previous owner not me I never ride clutch pedal always place my foot down! I am now out if pocket a lot money not happy as car only… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Riti's Review

Written on: 13/02/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us about your recent experience. We are extremely sorry to hear that you you have been left dissatisfied by the warranty product you purchased from us along with the vehicle. We firmly believe that this product offers excellent value for money, it has been of great use to a number of customers.

Should you wish to review this with us further we would be pleased to look into the matter, please contact us.

Regards

Alex43's Response to Riti's Review

Written on: 09/05/2015

Sounds all too familiar to me, bought a 3 year Audi from this dealership and it had electrical problems. Got permission to get it seen to under warranty and was then told garage had to be VAT registered and charge maximum £45 an hour labour!! Places like that don't really exist unless you like back streets so I ended up paying half of costs myself. The Car Shop also had forgotten my years inclusive MOT and just rustled a certificate up, no way they had done the test as there was 1 blown bulb and two bulbs actually missing from rear light clusters, really wish I had reported them as the issues could have been dangerous ones for all they knew. I would never buy from them again.

Stephenwelham's Response to Riti's Review

Written on: 25/03/2015

Riti - we're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the warranty you purchased. Unfortunately a clutch is an item on the car that is subject to wear and tear in the same way that brakes and tyres are. Our RAC Approved Warranty offers a similar level of cover for mechanical issues as most warranties but as with most warranties does not cover wear and tear items. All CarShop vehicles are prepared to a high standard but have obviously been subject to use from their previous owners and therefore we always encourage customers to budget for the continued running costs of their vehicles to cover any repairs required due to wear and tear.

Read 3 Comments