Peak Imaging Reviews - www.peak-imaging.com

Peak Imaging - www.peak-imaging.com - Ask a question now

“Cheaper then expected”

Written on: 13/03/2013

I sent them an roll of E6 film I got in a random bag of films and after a bit of Google-ing I found Peak. The order form isn't the most intuitive thing I've ever had to fill in but that could just be down to the number of options and services available. Post it on the Tuesday, got my negatives back on Friday! Came back properly developed and included a flat packed box with the freepost address already on it for next time which I will certainly use again. Also I had over quoted the price on my… Read Full Review

“Best I've found”

Written on: 06/01/2012

I Used Peak for some large format prints. I placed the order at 3pm and the prints were delivered the next morning. The colour matching was excellent to my mac when using the no colour adjustment option (profiled monitor and Photoshop set up. Srgb profiles embedded). One sure test oflinearity in printing is a good greyscale in b+w and the peak prints are neutral. If I was being at all picky I'd say the brightness was a touch darker than expected - but I'm a photoshop pro and I'm well aware of… Read Full Review

“because i know my prints will be perfect from these...”

Written on: 01/11/2010

because i know my prints will be perfect from these guys, i don't bother with the website- but use their small downloaded application which makes ordering so much easier, and the cost of each print is displayed as you open it and select size, paper, etc. it couldn't be easier.
anyone who says their prints come back with a colour cast etc, probably doesn't have their own screen calibrated to the industry standard. therefore who ever does their prints, they will produce the same results.
the… Read Full Review

“Fast service, and developing and scan was well done. ...”

Written on: 13/09/2010

Fast service, and developing and scan was well done. I had even underpaid them and they still sent the film's and CD back to be with all the work done. When phoning them, telephone service was excellent.

Web site could be clearer as could there pricing structure, but overall I was pleased with the quality and speed of the service and I will definately use them again to process and scan my medium format films… Read Full Review

“A very mixed bag. ”

Written on: 05/08/2009

A very mixed bag.

I used Peak Imaging B&W printing service. The B&W prints had a strong magenta colour cast. However their colour printing was fine.

I also sent them some colour and B&W negatives to be scanned. The colour negatives were done very badly, but the B&W negatives were done very well indeed.

When I complained about their service I got a very arrogant reply. Terrible customer service.

Their website is awful and the pricing is confusing. The order form is so tiny it's hard to write… Read Full Review

“Having used Peak-Imaging for the first time,a friend...”

Written on: 16/07/2009

Having used Peak-Imaging for the first time,a friend told me about them, I must say what a great service.
There is no comparison with them and other mail order labs like photobox, the prints were perfect and delivery were faultless.
I shall recommend them to others… Read Full Review

“As A professional photographer I find peak imaging so...”

Written on: 22/04/2009

As A professional photographer I find peak imaging so be fantastic.
the efficiency and quality is great… Read Full Review

“I think Peak Imaging are missing a huge trick. There...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

I think Peak Imaging are missing a huge trick. There aren't many good print websites about (photobox is about the best at the moment) and even that has a lot of shortcomings. If they are as good as their reputation for prints suggests, then using them would be a no brainer if I felt their website was remotely good… Read Full Review

“I've used Peak-Imaging for over a year now. When they...”

Written on: 21/12/2006 by PDPhoto (1 review written)

I've used Peak-Imaging for over a year now. When they do get the prints right they are good, unfortunately this is getting less frequent.

Every order I have placed with recently (5 orders) they have got wrong, they have altered the colours/saturation, changed the aspect ratio, printed gloss instead of matt, getting colours wrong.

I have no faith in them anymore, I have stopped using them. Unless you like a gamble, steer clear!… Read Full Review

Angryshopper's Response to PDPhoto's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

I have just used Peak Imaging for a model portfolio, and found that the above problems are still very much occurring. I won't be using this lot again. Prints were re-sized without my permission, and prints were produced in a very dark manner, even though I used their colour settings etc. I ended up reprinting half the images on my own Canon Pro 9000 (very good machine)!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“I was a client of Peak Imaging until today. Today I...”

Written on: 02/06/2006 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

I was a client of Peak Imaging until today. Today I find for the second, or is it the third(??) time that an order placed via the Peak Imaging Online System hasn't been processed. Apparently, the software used by Peak Imaging has a small bug. The payment data "disappears" when orders are placed. A bit of a problem I'll think you'll agree.

I placed an order last Thursday expecting to get my images within a week. Nothing arrived so I took the liberty of calling Peak Imaging. Imagine my… Read Full Review