New Look Shoes Reviews

2.9
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

New Look Shoes - Ask a question now

“Poor quality shoes - rude staff”

written by on 26/09/2014

I bought a pair of knee high boots from a local New Look shop in Edinburgh. I have done so before and then was satisfied with my purchase knowing that they would not be particularly long lasting, but would be good for what I wanted. I wore this new pair two times and noticed that they had become all worn down the inside seams and the heel was much more worn down than I would expect after only having worn them twice. I decided to return them. One week after I bought them I took them into the shop and was told that I couldn't possibly be telling the truth - that I must have worn them more than that. Even if I had worn them more than that, I would expect them to last for longer than one week. I was begrudingly refunded, but left the shop feeling upset - that member of staff was not "happy to help". I will not be purchasing any more in future.

“poor quality brogues”

written by HollyO'Neil on 25/06/2014

I ordered a pair of black chunky brogues over the internet from New look for my daughter. She wore them once and one of the shoes came apart. I didn't expect this due to the style and it was one of the main reasons for buying them, I thought she'd get a bit of wear out of them. As she needed them that weekend, I paid to get them repaired, they've since come apart in a different place now. On reading other reviews, it doesn't look like anyone has been successful in getting their money back, all in all, I won't be buying shoes from New Look again. In 3 words, Cheap, Nasty Rubbish!

“no apologies for very poor quality”

written by Wheelerjb381 on 08/03/2014

Have just been into New Look’s Glasgow Braehead shop with a pair of Buffer boots which I bought for my daughter 4 months ago. They have totally fallen apart but I was told that as New Look saw their shoes as fashion items, they would not have been expected to last very long and I could not have any money back. (I thought it might have been reasonable to give me a discount on another pair of hopefully sturdier shoes). For £24.99 I think that is very poor value and certainly leaves me feeling that New Look really doesn’t care two hoots for their customers or the environment.

“Great fashionable footwear that wears well”

written by SusanannW on 27/11/2013

As someone who is very hard on footwear, I have over many years paid anything between £6 and £100 for shoes and boots, only to incurr additional costs within weeks for heeling. This year I was so impressed by two pair of sandals that I bought at New Look and wore all summer without wearing them down that I bought two pair of boots when the weather changed. Again, I can't praise the quality enough. I am wearing one pair daily, walking to work and back and doing a fair bit of leg work while I'm there, with no sign of wear to the heals. I will never buy footwear anywhere else. New Look are selling excellent quality at great prices, not forgetting that their styles are up there with the rest.

“Returns policy dreadful customer service”

written by Murdo on 24/01/2013

Bought a pair of flat school type brogues from New Look in September. Worn lightly and daughter off for nearly 2 months with illness. heel totally came off . Went into store, not asking for refund but to say there was a qualty issueand New Looks managers response was " they are cheap shoes what do you expect....you should go to Clarks if you want school shoes....you can wear in rain/puddle/snow weather. Shoes worn once at school. In snow period...not in snow...on cleared path. As no playtimes outside and driven to school. So to paraphrase...buy shoes from New Look if you live in a part of the uk with constant sun.......trading standards here we go....New Look....you have lost a cusstomer and her two daughters...all at a time when high streets are struggling. bad move.

Keira122's Response to Murdo's Review

Written on: 24/01/2013

*you can't wear in rain/puddles...

“Best place to buy decently priced shoes. They are...”

written by cally1989 on 02/09/2008

Best place to buy decently priced shoes. They are gorgeous and a great price. My favourite black heels are from here, extremely high but very comfy. Also i have a few pairs of boots from here which have lasted ages and still look great. Flat shoes are also very pretty. Definately the main place to get nice shoes from.

“I recommend New Look shoes! They have fashionable...”

written by chez18 on 05/02/2008

I recommend New Look shoes! They have fashionable shoes at affordable prices!

“I have recently bought 2 pairs of boots from New Look,...”

written by AndreaG on 27/02/2007

I have recently bought 2 pairs of boots from New Look, 1 Ankle & 1 Long, I purchased both in the Sales and only paid £10.00 each - absolute bargins!
The long boots are real Suede and are of very good quality but the Ankle boots are manmade materials and I know that they will not last all that long.
I don't mind this as I only paid £10.00 for them but it did strike me that 2 pairs of boots from the same retailer could be of such varying quality when the original prices were not all that different, the long boots I think were £35.00 and the Ankle boots £20.00.
However, I would and will still shop at New Look for fashion shoes/boots as I only expect to wear them for a short space of time anyway, just until that trend passes and so they are ideal, cheap and cheerful.