Mr. Brains In Rich Sauce Reviews

Mr. Brains In Rich Sauce - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Mr. Brains In Rich Sauce

“font size”

written by muv1 on 12/04/2024

the font is tiny you need a magnifying glass to read not only the instructions of how to heat but the allergy information. how is one suppose to guard against eating something one is allergic to if they can't read it. Maybe the don't care as long as the picture looks good. What a shame the customer does not count. L. Wilkins

“Not the same has I remember”

written by Dafidd on 21/03/2024

Bought them because we used to love them. Today the dogs had a good tea. Don't want to say disgusting in case I get grief from dog lovers it's the last time they will be in my shopping basket.

“Can't give them less than 1 star, they were garbage”

written by artycow on 05/01/2024

They were truly awful, no flavour at all. The only taste there was, was than of a disgusting amount of SALT. They should be banned from selling these awful meatless Faggots.

“PLEASE GOD I NEVER GET THAT HUNGRY ”

written by notwoke on 21/09/2023

UTTERLY DISGUSTING TASTELESS SLOP ....6 BALLS OF HORRIFIC INGREEDIENTS ONCE COOKED TURN INTO HOT SLUDGE NOT EVEN SAUSAGE MEAT ....JUST READ THE INGREIDIENT LIST ON THE PACKAGE ... I SUGEST YOU READ IT BEFORE YOU EAT ANY .WHICH SHOULD BE IN LARGE LETTERS ..I DIDNT EVEN THINK THIS SORT OF STUFF WAS LEGAL ..FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION IN THE UK ....MY DESCRIPTION .. .REVOTING STUFF SWIMMING IN OTHER TASTLESS SEMI LIQUID BROWN STUFF ... NEXT TIME I WANT SOMETHING SAFE , TASTY AND HEALTHY I'LL MAKE A NICE BOWL OF PORRIDGE ...BUT AS FOR MR BRAINS FAGGOTS ...PLEASE GOD I NEVER GET SO HUNGRY THAT I WOULD EAT IT AGAIN...IVE THROWN MOST OF IT OUT .

“Give to mother in law to eat!”

written by Gunnar179 on 18/09/2023

If you are unlucky to have an obnoxious mother in law, this is the best gift available in my view. This once culinary treat that imparted fabulous flavour is now replaced by this vile taste of recycled animal leftovers. My dogs food smells nicer when opened than what emanates from this sorry comestible item.

“An hours Electricity wasted”

written by on 27/08/2023

I can't really add anything else to the reviews on here. They are disgusting. I Was so looking forward to them having enjoyed them in the past. The quicker they remove them from the freezer the better. Wish there was a 'no star' option. Not fit for a dog to eat.

“Absolute Mush!!”

written by 239Burton on 24/08/2023

Used to love these faggots. Bought box this week and tried today. They were atrocious. No texture, absolute mush, no meat at all, just seemed rusk which was mushy and looked just like baby food. There was absolutely NO TASTE at all, no seasoning or spices. Broke in pieces trying to remove from container. Ah well, won't be buying any more ever. The only thing which seemed that same as I remember was the box, which I think would probably have been much tastier. Only gave one star review, as I personally do not think it even warrants that but to submit this review had to give a star rating.

“How the meaty have fallen!”

written by Chase13 on 20/07/2023

Childhood Saturday lunch, whilst watching Big Daddy on the wrestling was often Brains' Faggots, chips, and peas, if I was very lucky. The faggots were firm, and meaty, and the gravy was to die for. I felt very excited at seeing these in the supermarket recently, alas I bought ten boxes … the last ten boxes I'll ever buy. After cooking them, I tried the once traditional (in our house) way of removing them, with some tongs, they just disintegrated, there's no actual texture to these, any more, they're just a shaped mush of sweepings, lips, and anus, in a bland sauce, nothing like the firm, tasty, faggots of the 90s. If you're experiencing a bit of nostalgia, and thinking about treating yourself to a packet of Brains' Faggots, stop, don't do it, buy a Walls Vienetta instead.

Itmakessense's Response to Chase13's Review

Written on: 25/07/2023

Agree with everything said by all these reviewers and now lost customers. Can the manufacturer not see that there is a market for the product and we would all pay double for the old proper original brains far g ot instead of this dreadful replacement. Wake up and smell the farg gots!! the word farg got was banned word on here :)

“Horrible”

written by mildive on 10/05/2023

Quality assurance?? Mr Brains Pork Fag..ts. Who on earth tested this product prior to it being approved for the unsuspecting customer. I can only assume that the individual(s) that taste this product have serious impairment of their sensory organs - mouth/nose/and - yes - even eyes. Their job is to ensure the consumer receives a high quality product which appeals to the senses. These fag..ts don't even come close to that. Why? - The fag..ts disintegrate when dishing out after heating- they resemble one's idea of what slop would look like. - They smell awful - if you like cereal, then you may like these - however, I prefer my cereal with milk and sugar. Not with watery gravy. - As for taste - yes - they taste predominantly of cereal and are certainly NOT tasty. My goodness - what a shame. Brains fag..ts used to be very, very tasty and held together well (as they should do) - with chips and peas - they were a meal to look forward to. They are definitely not made to the traditional recipe which we used to enjoy. Brains - Brains - Brains - get your act together!!!

“What the hell”

written by SPendragon on 12/03/2023

What happened to them? Can't cut them, they turn to mush. And what happened to the taste?

“DISGUSTING ”

written by NPag on 10/02/2023

I used to love faggots you could cut them with a knife now just a mushy mess with gravy that just tastes of herbs disgusting taste and texture. If that is the best you can do Why don't you just give up

“What has happened? ”

written by Loiscb on 09/02/2023

Was looking forward to my dinner, having spotted these in a shop. So disappointing. The gravy used to be the best part - no longer. No taste and and unpleasant texture. Next time I spot them, they will definitely not go in my basket. Why was the recipe changed?

“Absolute pants! Completely changed from years ago”

written by EileenMcIntyre117 on 10/06/2022

"I used to love Brains faggots when I was young. These are now nothing like a faggot!! Pellets of meat pulp in gravy. No texture and no flavour. I will make my own fresh in future and give these a very wide swerve! They are cheap but now we know why. they could double the price if the product was as it was in the old days before you could mechanically recover meat from all the animal waste."

“Dissapointed”

written by mintysweet on 25/06/2021

I haven't eaten Brains Faggots for quite a long time but I won't be eating them again. What have they done to them? I remember them having a wonderful flavour and were gorgeous with mash and peas but now they're so very wishy washy. Really did spoil to-nights dinner. Kerry Foods claim A TRADITIONAL RECIPE and THE NATIONS FAVOURITE well I believe they've changed the recipe and they are no longer my favourite. What a complete shame.

“Not Good”

written by Hayden69 on 18/05/2019

Mr. Brains In Rich Sauce is almost not cool place and taste is distasteful.

“Distasteful”

written by Andymartin3 on 25/04/2019

Brain are now distasteful.Not the taste they had and very slapdash very disappointed as well. Sausage is like water and tasteless

“What has happened?”

written by Flood303 on 13/11/2018

My god they are utterly disgusting now and to think they use to be favourite food of all,utter mush now and the gravy has lost its distinctive taste.

“Hadn't had Brains for quite some time until this...”

written by Grannyannma. on 14/03/2018

Hadn't had Brains for quite some time until this evening and couldn’t believe how small they are now!! They’re tiny and we’re guessing the weight has been made up with extra gravy! They taste bland compared to the last ones we had too. What a shame, used to love them but won’t be buying any more.

“Brains are now disgusting, used to enjoy, will never...”

written by Esperanzay500 on 18/02/2018

Brains are now disgusting, used to enjoy, will never buy them again, the sauce is like water and tasteless,  carpet tiles would taste better, what have they done, if this is a cost cutting exercise then you deserve to go out of business.

“No taste”

written by KassidyWalton on 14/02/2018

Not the taste they used to have and also very sloppy,very disappointed.

Asked by janice123789 on 24th July 2023 Report this content
Why has the Faggots that used to be formed are now just mushy?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site