M&D's Scotland Reviews

M&D's Scotland - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for M&D's Scotland

M&D's Scotland
M&D's Scotland

“best not ride the Tornado”

written by Missidee on 17/08/2014

Had an overall great time, even in the pouring rain. But I have to also give due care notice to the rollercoaster Tornado. Both my partner and I came off feeling we had just experienced a nasty car crash, cracked jaw bones, fractured skulls and the severest case of whiplash ever experienced. The Bomber was amazing, so much so we had to have another go. I would much prefer that they swapped the free go on the crazy golf for a free go on that.

“just awful, poor value for money and badly run.”

written by MelinaCarver on 06/08/2014

this place was the poorest value for money I have ever experienced. what a let down with rude and nasty staff. not many rides and some of those were either closed or better off in a museum.

“A fun experience”

written by on 31/03/2014

I went to M&D's in Ocean Terminal with my friends. First of all, the whole thing was cheap because you buy a wristband for ten pounds and everything is unlimited, so you can go on every single thing again and again. Your time is not limited either and I thought that was worth the fun I had there. The attractions very fun and some were for little kids, while others were for people who like adrenalin, so basically suitable for everyone!! I spent a good five hours there, and not bored at all. There are chips and food available and overall it's very fun :) I recommend :) overall, 8/10

“Dire,dirty,dreary and dull”

written by on 20/08/2013

Have just returned from m&ds park took my granddaughter and her friend both are 7years old one is an inch taller than the other. We set off along the Glasgow road both children very excited. Arrived early and went into the arcade to pass a little time. As it was the day before school I thought the place would have been very busy but no it was not. Got the girls wristbands and tickets for Amazonia on the net before we set off. Checked in o.k and set off. my granddaughter was desperate to go on the dodgem cars when we got there she was just under the line her friend could go on but she wanted to go on with my granddaughter. We were told there were others further up that both girls could go on went to them and would you believe it the smaller child could go on but the bigger one could not???? Both managed to go on jumboes we then went to the ballon ride again one could go on but the other could not . right next to the balloons was the disco boats so they decided to go on them only to be charged £3 each!!!!! What is that all about I was told it was a different operator but it was in the park nothing on the Internet to say we would have to pay for the rides on top of the wrist band that is supposed to allow them unlimited rides for nothing by now I felt very frustrated at the thought of being rejected at every ride we wanted to go on. I decided to complain about it so went back to the kiosk and asked to see a manager so that I could have my money refunded. Well that put the cat amongst the pigeons I was taken to a list of rides that my granddaughter could go on with her friend the list was away from the pay kiosk I feel it should heve been right at the kiosk. After about half an hour a gentleman came to see us we told him what the problem was and even he said we should have been able to get both girls on the. dodgers and the balloon ride but that is not what was happening at the rides. I asked for my money back as the girls had only been on the jumbo ride so he said he would have to deduct the cost of the ride from the refund. Just imagine I live in the east of scotland it would have cost quite a lot on fuel to get there and because they cannot deliver the goods they still want to be petty and deduct the only ride the girls had managed to go on what a joke. Eventually this man cam back with my ticket and told me he had refunded my money I am not sure at this time what he has refunded we shall see. Will never waste time going there again felt really let down the theatre and bingo were closed also what a shambles. The interesting thing is there appears to be more staff than public so you would think the place would run well. We did have lunch we paid to go on the big wheel and the disco boats the children really enjoyed them.

Zappaboy's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2014

Hi,

The website for M&Ds has always given exact height requirments in great detail - it has also always stated clearly on the website that some attractions carry an additional fee - It's been on the M&D site for years, so both these criticisms are very unfair It's a shame you had a bad experience, but every bad review I've ever read of M&Ds, its always been because the person has never bothered to check all these things in advance. It really is good value for money if you plan your trip well. I've been there dozens of time and it's great fun for all ages if you know what to expect.

Tonyp445's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2014

I agree also my family found the price shocking the dirty park was a night mare its shocking most rides were off but should be more for kids and clean park also better staff

Read 2 Comments

“shockingly terrible”

written by on 08/06/2012

i came to m and d's hoping i would have a good time. im not scared from roller coasters but after the tornado ride im having second thoughts. my neck is now very very painfull and very sore infact i actually had to go to minor induries. your neck crashes into the side of the roller coaster as you are about to do the loops. most of my friend and family have said the same. the people were very rude and my bag got flung around while i was on the rollercoaster. my time was very expensive and i think it was a rip off. i will never be returning to m and d's again

Lhark's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2013

My 15 year old daughter and her 3 friends were at M&D's theme park yesterday and were on this same roller coaster ride. As soon as her friends mum brought her home she was crying and complaining about the pain in her ears, her head had been thrown about and battered from side to side whilst on this ride. Both of her ears are today bruised (purple) and the bone/cartlidge behind her ears is badly swollen and bruised. Her wee friend came off the ride crying because her earings had cut into her when her head had been bashed around and she was bleeding. There has to be some sort of padding added to the seats of this ride to protect people for Health & Safety purposes. Apparently lots of folk were complaining about their necks and ears when they disembarked! M&D's what do you intend on doing?

Read 1 Comment

“Rip Off theme park”

written by JACKIE D on 02/10/2011

Found this park very disappointing. Very tired and dirty looking and a lot of the rides look really old and rusty. But my main complaint is the length of time you get on the rides. About 2 minutes on the flying carpet and another ride that I cannot remember the name of it but it is like a pillar with four seats on the sides of it and it goes up and down, our 3 kids went on it and it lasted under 10 seconds (I'm not kidding) When i complained to the guy in charge he was very rude. We left feeling like we had been robbed. Won't be back.

“M&D' S NOT GOOD AT ALL JUST TO MAKE YOU AWARE.”

written by RICKYBIGLEY on 31/08/2011

TRAVELLED FROM NORTHERN IRELAND TO M&D'S WITH TWO KIDS HAVING PAID FOR THE 'ULTIMATE FAMILY PACK' INCLUDING 'WIMPY VOUCHERS' COST £91 BOOKED ONLINE. ARRIVED THINGS LOOKED OK GIRL AT THE DESK TOLD US THE TUSNAMI RIDE WAS CLOSED. SHE DIDNT TELL US THE TORNADO AND MARK2 WERE ALSO CLOSED MEANING THE TOP 3 RIDES WERE OUT OF ACTION. WELL OK WE TRY TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT AND BY THE WAY AMAZONIA WAS GOOD WITH GREAT STAFF UNLIKE THE RIDE STAFF IN THE REST OF THE PARK WHO LOOK LIKE THEY COULDN'T GIVE A MONKEYS AND WOULD RATHER STAND TEXTING ON THEIR PHONES WHEN YOUR ACTUALLY ASKING THEM SOMETHING.SO WE HAVE OUR DAY AND HEADED OFF TO FIND THE WIMPY WHERE WE GOT COLD BURGERS UNCOOKED IN THE MIDDLE AND JUST GOT UP AND LEFT. ALL IN ALL I WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED WITH THE EXPERIANCE. NEXT TIME I WOULD DEFINATELY PAY A BIT MORE AND HEAD TO ALTON TOWERS OR THORPE PARK I THINK.

“Theme Park Great Managers attitude terrible”

written by on 31/08/2011

we were in a party of 17 people of all ages having spent £115 pounds on tickets. The atmosphere was great and the rides were brilliant. Everyone was having a great time until there was an accident where a lady fell over an unbrella stand. My husband being first aid trained went to help and was told that a theme partk first aider was coming and he wasn't allowed to help. Fair enough they are probably not insured for this. The first aider came and didn't even put the lady in the recovery position. My husband again offered help at which point the supervisor became aggessive with his body language and even rolled his eyes!! We still went onto have a good time but god forbid myself or anyone within our party should have an accident at this theme park!!!!!

“Hi me and my family went for a day trip to m&ds last...”

written by on 08/05/2011

Hi me and my family went for a day trip to m&ds last weekend and really enjoyed our day 'there isnt much fun parks in Scotland so when i heard about this one i thought why not give it a try. The weather was great which helped 'we actually got burnt!. I went with my partner and 2 young boys aged 9yr and 20mnths 'they both had a great day 'lots of small rides for my baby and 9yr old to go on together 'me and my bfriend also had a great time on the thrill rides. The family restaraunt is really good to and not to expencive. I would defo go back! i have been to Alton towers and ok its not as big as there by far but its still a good day out. I also found the queues not bad atol we were waiting no longer than 10mins at max on acouple 'and that was on a weekend in hot weather so it was really busy. All in all great day :).

“My partner and I went to the travelling M&Ds when it...”

written by on 22/04/2011

My partner and I went to the travelling M&Ds when it came to Edinburgh at Ocean Terminal. We paid close to £18 to get in and the queues were so long that we asked for our money back and were told no. We asked for a receipt and were refused. I phoned the customer care number when we got home (01698 333 777) and when I politely asked how I go about making a complaint the person put me on mute and hung up 2 and a half minutes later. I am currently in toucj with consumer direct to see how I go about reclaiming my money. It seems this company are happy to take your money but don't want to know when you make a complaint.

“i love m&ds , i go there all the time ,it might be no...”

written by on 26/03/2011

i love m&ds , i go there all the time ,it might be no "disney" but its still good

“Iv been to a few parks in my time (aged30) this is by...”

written by on 28/06/2010

Iv been to a few parks in my time (aged30) this is by far the worst. Ok the rides were good but the queue was terrible. In our first 1 hours we managed to get on 4 rides. I was fed up. A party of school kids were there and they were the worst disciplined iv ever seen. They thought it totally acceptable to continuously queue jump putting us further down the line. No one at the park took control of this situation. As I was leaving I think someone had got fed up of this and an argument erupted and the police were called. M&Ds need another 15 staff at least. It was queue queue queue for everything. Even a drink took 15mins to get as all machines were out of order. The token machines did not work and swallowed my money. In 4 hours there we just got enough rides to cover the cost of the wrist band. We wont be back sorry.

“we were really dissapointed with M&D's Scotland, we...”

written by on 22/07/2009

we were really dissapointed with M&D's Scotland, we took our daughter & her friend yesterday for our daughters 7th birthday only to find they were too small to ride any of the rides suitable for their age, the only rides they could go on were suitable for under 5`s. with the exception of the runaway mine train which was the most frightening ride of my daughters life & therefore totally unsuitable for her height . the rides they wanted to ride they were only mm,s short for & the lines had recently been raised , we left the park early & if we had been told at the time of ticket purchase of what rides were available to them we would not of bothered going in.

“After reading some negative reports of M&D's Scotland...”

written by on 05/08/2008

After reading some negative reports of M&D's Scotland prior to our visit, wasn't sure what to think. Have to say we were pleasantly surprised. All rides were on and park was neat and tidy.

Wristbands not too expensive and if you arrive early enough, you can easily get your monies worth while queuing is relatively short. A good day out was had by all.

“Lots Of Things to do. Very Expensive. Overall M&D's...”

written by on 20/07/2008

Lots Of Things to do. Very Expensive. Overall M&D's Scotland, a great day for the kids but in my opinion not value for money

“Not a good day out for me or hubby and kids enjoyed...”

written by on 10/07/2008

Not a good day out for me or hubby and kids enjoyed the country park and lake side. We were on holiday at friends in East Kilbride and they warned us it was not like theme parks down south more like a travelling fair. Strathclyde country park (which is not part of m&d's non theme park) the view is beautiful.
The indoor area zoo kept me dry because it was pouring with rain. It said hundreds of birds and butterflies flying freely I saw 1 moth and 3 owl butterflies and the smell in the zoo is a bit off. When the rain eased we used the rides that were open being used to real theme parks the rides are a bit tame if you are over 12 years old the boys did the 4 roller coasters 3 times and liked them and then we ate and went home.

“Overall was good! I came with my dad and brother and...”

written by on 27/06/2008

Overall was good! I came with my dad and brother and grandad it was great I enjoyed it a lot and the restaurant was lovely to have a break in and then back 2 the rides.

“M&D's in Scotland is great value for money. my oldest...”

written by on 11/04/2008

M&D's in Scotland is great value for money. my oldest didn't want a wristband and I just paid for what rides she wanted to go on. It is free entry too so if we didn't want to go on anything we didn't have to to!! Lots of great rides for all different ages. I have 3 daughters, one at 9 one at 14 and one is 19, and there was something for all of them. Amazonia is great! My kids loved it! The weather wasn't fantastic. but if you put that to the back of you mind it wont ruin your day!

“We went as a family to this park as we where staying...”

written by on 11/01/2008

We went as a family to this park as we where staying in the Alona Hotel which is right beside it, it was great, our daughter had a fantastic time!

352528_Kittyhawk's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2008

I found this review unhelpful because...
<br/>it gave no indication about how the park is run ,what is there, only said daughter had a great time.....

Read 1 Comment

“We went to M&D's theme park in Scotland last summer...”

written by weelesley on 05/07/2006

We went to M&D's theme park in Scotland last summer for my daughters 14th birthday. she said it was alright, but I knew she would rather have spent her birthday somewhere better. There were only a few rides, and when I say a few I mean a few!!

Even though it was quite sunny and very busy at this time of the year, hardly any rides were open. We met an old friend of my husbands there with his family, and they say they come twice a year, and there has not once been a time when every single ride has been open.
The Magic Carpet was shut, and the Tsunami was shut down much to the disappointment of my daughter, and this is her favourite. The big 3 slides at the back were open, but they had such big queues that my daughter only went on the once. The Log Flume was open for a while, but it shut after a while because they got stuck. Thankfully my daughter wasn't on it at the time. I think this theme park is mainly for 11 year olds and younger, and there are plenty of rides for them. There are not many stalls, and there are very few amusements, and the only cheap place to eat we could find was a Wimpy.

I say about 4 or 5 out of 10. I give it credit as it has some good rides, but it would be better if they were open most of the time. Maybe it's just because myself and my family enjoy theme parks that we have experienced better ones than M&D's.