Luxor, Mercure Luxor Hotel Reviews

3.7

Luxor, Mercure Luxor Hotel - Ask a question now

“Just returned from a week in the Mercure Hotel booked...”

written by Phaigh on 23/02/2009

Just returned from a week in the Mercure Hotel booked through teletext holidays and had a great time. The hotel staff are excellent and very helpful.
The rooms are a little dated but fine and were cleaned daily with TV, Safe etc
The hotel restaurants are not great but the food is adequate. The bar is very nice and the reception area and pool are nice and clean.
The hotel makes a very good base for touring the sites around Luxor.
I must mention the tourist relations manager, he is one of the most helpful people I have ever met, nothing is any trouble and he will always advise on local pubs, restaurants etc.
I did have problems with the cash machine not reading the new chip and pin cards but just went to the bank next door.

Will definitely return.

“The Mercure Luxor Hotel is clean and tidy but not...”

written by bcfcmad1 on 18/01/2009

The Mercure Luxor Hotel is clean and tidy but not enough food selection at sit down pay for meals. I have been over 20 times to this hotel but they do NOT seem to listen to customers point of view.

“My daughter and I enjoyed our stay in this hotel the...”

written by Caramilla on 15/12/2008

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay in this hotel the Mercure Luxor Hotel. We stayed on the top floor with a side view of the Nile and overlooking a side street. We spent a few hours watching the happenings in the street and the antics of caleche drivers and passers-by.
The buffet breakfast was ample with a good selection of bread and cereals, Egyptian dishes, meats and cheeses, and eggs cooked to order. There were several restaurants within the hotel. Those we tried served the same food, which was good, but we did not go to the dinner buffet or the French a la carte.
We did not use the pool, but it looked very popular.
Overall and enjoyable stay, and I would stay here again.