Tesco Cat Food Reviews

Tesco Cat Food - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tesco Cat Food

Tesco Cat Food

“Tesco cat food sachets.”

Written on: 11/10/2021

We have 3 cats. One only likes gravy, the other is slightly picky over his food and the last one eats anything. My husband bought the tesco cat sachets to try and save some money. 3 cats are expensive, lol. All 3 will not touch it! The picky cat is crying because he's hungry and mows for food but still won't touch this food. (he's not starved he has dry food too.) I thought they were just being spoilt, boy was I wrong! We put the opened cat food sachet with half their food still in it, in the cupboard with a peg on to keep it fresh and ready for their morning meal. I was going to try them with it again for breakfast.I poured the sachet into their bowls and a smell similar to ammonia hit me (I did a hairdressing course and it has a strong smell, similar to box hair dyes). I showed my husband and he agreed it had a strong chemical smell. I put the dish back on the kitchen work surface and when I came back in a few moments later, the kitchen stunk of the ammonia smell. I told my husband there is no way we're feeding our cats this "stuff". I was extremely upset that we'd tried to coax them into eating this "food". God knows what's in it, but our cats knew from the smell of it there was something very wrong with it. I'm going to pay the extra and feed them the Felix sachets in gravy from now on. There's a reason this cat "food" is cheap. We now have 2 weeks worth of sachets that are going in the bin. I wouldn't give this food to anyone else to feed their cats with, it's not safe enough for mine to eat so i wouldn't want to risk it making my family's cats ill if they ate it long term. I definitely don't recommend it and neither do our cats.

“dry cat food”

Written on: 04/05/2021 by kesi-man (7 reviews written)

I ordered a dry cat food for my cat once and i think she like it so since then ordering from them only. And its healthy for her.

“My cat left after feeding it Tesco cat food.”

Written on: 02/08/2020 by prMonroe182 (1 review written)

Decided to try Tesco tinned cat food. It smelled awful. Went moldy after a day of can being open. my cat left after only a few tins. Must have been ill off it. Not seen him since. Very sad.

“they ate it”

Written on: 05/08/2018 by maceyjohns (1 review written)

I have 2 cats , one overweight. I buy expensive diet dry food and wet expensive high protein . However I now keep to the specialist dry food and Tesco pouches at £2:50. Looking at the composition its comparatively good and they eat it. Having two cats I feed half a pouch morning and pm. This ensures all is eaten. Small amount of James light dry supplements. Some fresh fish now and then job done. Saving a small fortune.

“Tesco’s own catfood”

Written on: 20/05/2018 by 64Stiles (1 review written)

My cat eats the more expensive sachets like Sheba and when I tried Tesco’s catfood, it refuses this food. Even from a distance it does not like the smell. Waste of money, even if it is cheap. I wonder what the ingredients are.....very suspicious.

“Good priced food”

Written on: 14/02/2018 by Maherth126 (1 review written)

Have to say that my cat loves this. Was very concerned about buying it and I even kept the receipt just in case, but she polished the lot off very quickly. Price was a big factor as the Sheba and Perle range was moving towards £4.80 per box. This is £2.50 and I have since recommended it to friends who have also purchased and their cats are fine with this also. Will be repeat buying.

“Tesco Cat Food”

Written on: 22/10/2017 by Mark694 (1 review written)

My cat has really taken to it, normally only Whiskas will do but my cat now has an appetite for the Tesco brand. It's the right price at the moment and good value when your cat cleans the bowl every day !

“Definitely do not recommend”

Written on: 14/05/2016 by Sarahad (1 review written)

I have 2 very greedy, normally unfussy cats who both ate the Tesco cat food pouches, but both were sick around 30-45 minutes afterwards. To ensure it was the cat food and not due to them both being ill, I tried it on 2 other occasions a number of days and then 2 weeks later, and the same thing happened. The rest has gone in the bin!

“Cats won't touch it”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by 28Rodgers (1 review written)

Cats have refused to eat this and go hungry, smells rather odd as well. What's odd is the dog normally mops up what's left but no the dog won't touch either, Taking it back.... Rubbish

“My non-fussy Cat won't touch this!”

Written on: 11/09/2013

I purchased a £5 24x100g box of Tescos own brand sachets for my ex-stray cat who will eat ANYTHING including crisps if they're left unattended! We normally buy him sainsburys own brand or whiskers, but have tried and tested every other own brand with great success. He point blank refuses to touch this food! I have offered the food to friends and family with cats, and they all report the same thing. Their normally fuss free cats won't touch this food. So i'm currently stuck with 22 sachets which I can't shift!

“My cat loves it!”

Written on: 10/09/2013 by meoww (1 review written)

I was actually a bit worried because my cat just can't get enough of this stuff, he won't eat Whiskas pouch food now, only this, bonus as it's cheaper too. I am still a bit worried that they added some kind of drug to it and now my cat has become addicted to Tesco cat food! I just hope it's not having any adverse affects, seems to be fine at the moment though.

“Tesco Super meat tins”

Written on: 07/09/2013

Cat wont touch it. Tried mixing it with whiskers but she leaves the Tesco's meat. Time they removed it from the shelves. Waste of money.

“Cats would NOT eat”

Written on: 16/08/2013

And they are fine with all other supermarket own brands. I thought they were ill...they hardly ate anything for four days.

“It HARMED My CATS”

Written on: 11/08/2013

My two cats are rather healthy! untill i tried to budget and get the tescos brand catfood, THE GOT THE RUNS! and my female cat always seems to get urine infections as soon as she eats it. HMMMMMMM It's vile. Its harmful, and should be lifted of the shelves! Value for your money?! i SPENT 85£ on my cat becasue of this!!! - Azaria - Newtownards

“Cats hate it”

Written on: 05/06/2013

Bought this as the local Tesco no longer seem to stock "Classic" cat food. The cats are very clear that they do not like this. Bowls left full, cats clearly hungry but they won't eat this. Cheap but not value.

“Tesco Supermeat Cat Food”

Written on: 09/03/2013 by Whatsmynameagain (1 review written)

It made the whole house smell really nasty and it made the cat really thirsty. I'd never buy it again.

“decided a change”

Written on: 07/04/2012 by merlin1967 (2 reviews written)

i have 9 cats so i buy a variety of different brands the 24 tesco pouches bought in 2012 good price i also foster cats for a charity i opened up 4 pouches the smell was nasty the cats started to vommit i checked the packets theys were full of air and made a hissing noise i thought my cats had to go to the vets i gave them there dryed food they was ok after three days i wanted to take the cat food back but im disabled so can only go shopping with a companion i wont be using that brand again

“Tesco Cat Food”

Written on: 10/12/2011

Both of my cats will eat the dry cat food, but not the wet. They used to love the tin with gravy, but for some reason they won't touch it at all now, even when they are really, really hungry. At first I thought it was a particular batch, but I've tried on numerous occasions to get them to eat it (because it's cheaper than brands and we do our shopping at tesco) but every time I open a tin I end up having to throw it away. It's strange because they're not fussy eaters and eat every other brand. Not going to buy this again!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 22/03/2012

This is exactly my experience of Tesco premium cat food about a month ago they must have changed the recipe making it in edible

Read 1 Comment

“Tesco Premium Tinned Cat Food ”

Written on: 02/03/2011

Tesco Premium Tinned Cat Food

My cats were given this stuff from about the age of 1 year after the female kept developing cystitis when on a biscuit based diet (despite having loads of water around).

At first, this food was okay. It looked okay, and didn't stink too much and the cats seemed to approve. After a while, Tesco's quality seemed to begin to slip, as about 2 in 10 tins consisted of either mainly 'gravy', or the cats just refused to eat it all. I must admit that towards the end of the time our cats were fed this food things got worse. The food sometimes had a slightly weird smell, and my cats would point blank refuse to finish their food, or sometimes even not touch it at all (this is despite the fact that one of my cats will eat literally anything even barely edible with massive enthusiasm).

Enough was enough, and since changing from this Tesco rubbish to Kitekat, both of our cats have put on weight and both go totally mad at feeding time (whereas before they didn't care about it at all). They've been on Kitekat for 4 months now, and I'm only sorry we didn't change their food sooner.

“I have been using this brand now for year I have 3...”

Written on: 05/11/2009

I have been using this brand now for year I have 3 cats and
each one enjoy the taste. Their Vet is a natural path and said
the food is good. which resured me.. The price is also a plus.