Rolawn Turf, Top Soil & Mulch Reviews - www.rolawn.co.uk

Media Gallery for Rolawn Turf, Top Soil and Mulch - www.rolawn.co.uk

Rolawn Turf, Top Soil and Mulch - www.rolawn.co.uk

“Horrible turf full of plastic and weeds ”

written by Lawnexpert566 on 08/09/2020

I recently had a rolawn medallion lawn proffesionally fitted and quite honestly its the most horrible turf i have ever seen ,i am now looking for a turfer to come and rip this lawn up up as half of it is dead also i didnt like all the plastic webbing that comes with ,i phoned Rolawn and sent them the images of this rubbish but i was just fobbed off ,even after they agreed it did look a mess ,said they couldnt understand it and it implied i must have done somethis wrong even after i told them i had looked after my purchase carefully, dont buy this plastic nightmare just use natural grass

“absolute rubbish”

written by Elliotj339 on 09/07/2019

the turf was delivered on time on a pallet that I have struggled to dispose of. the turf was very dry when unfolded. its now been laid for about 4 weeks and has been watered regularly. its patchy at best I would NOT recommend buying this product Rolawn now relies heavily on its laurels when they supplied premium turf and sadly this is not now the case

“2016 and still poor!”

written by yaPenn115 on 27/07/2016

Simply the best if only the they did what they said. Turf arrived almost bone dry, so dry the rolls were losing their soil, pallet had been mishandled as some of the turf was damaged. Got on with the job making the best of a bad lot so to speak. However the worst was to come, it was full of Annual Meadow Grass! Clearly not inspected prior to despatch or they don't give a stuff. Best advise, buy elsewhere.

“Turf is full of weeds”

written by on 20/07/2016

I bought 35sqm of Rolawn Medallion turf for a completely new lawn on new topsoil and it looked good for a week but then Annual Meadow Grass sprang up everywhere. Spent hours pulling it out at the roots by hand, raking it and mowing it back and collecting the cuttings, but despite the grass looking great the AMG keeps coming back. Did my research, followed the instructions on Rolawn's own website but after 2 weeks, contacted Rolawn to register a complaint. Their response was a copy/paste job from their website which lacked any personalisation (even addressing me by name!) despite my saying I'd already read and followed their website information. Their response was to send me a box of seed to fix the patches. Well woopdy doo. It's now been a month and I'm still trying to get it under control.

“worst customer service ever”

written by 65Hutchinson on 29/11/2015

Bought some Blended loan through Travis Perkins beginning of the summer and laid it down in accordance with their guidelines. the topsoil I purchased was the worst I'd ever seen, it had 80% sand in it, when I complained, Rolawn came back with every excuse under the sun for why grass wasn't growing on my site apart from the obviousw that their topsoil was to sandy. and they basically washed their hands of the situation. totally unprofessional.

“Awful turf - riddled with annual meadow grass”

written by on 14/05/2015

I bought medallion turf to cover 50sqm of area I had carefully prepared. It looked ok on arrival but once in place and beginning to establish itself it became clear it was riddled with annual meadow grass. After contacting Rolawn they made me jump through hoops, taking pictures and even disputing it was AMG to begin with. I eventually got a 75% refund and sent some seed. A year on having tried to weed out the AMG and reseed it is still everywhere and has now spread to the front of the house too. The entire lawn need to be replaced now. The worst product of any type I have ever bought and a horrible company to deal with.

“went downhill fast”

written by Tabithau1956 on 29/08/2014

when i first got this turf and laid it, i was really impressed by how it looked, i thought it was good value for money, how wrong i was, 4 weeks later it looks absolute rubbish, brown patches keep appearing out of no where, at first it was just a couple of small patches which i thought was to be expected and can seed it, but it keeps appearing, didn't understand what was wrong as i am a good gardener, then i found out about this annual meadow grass and realized this was the cause. it's a mess and i know now my only option is to buy new turf, i am pretty shocked by how it looks, the cow fields look better than what my lawn does. this grass is appalling and i would recommend you find somewhere else to buy turf, i wish i had known about these reviews on here before i bought it.

“3 years on ”

written by gravyonmychin61 on 25/06/2014

Three years down the line and its still riddled with it, The rest of the grass is simply average and I treat it to the very best products and spend more time on it than on the wife. Never again will I buy their product or recommend it. As said by many, they are quick to say how fantastic it is and that its the best but the bottom line is its no better than any ones 45p sq yd turf. And likewise when you complain they aint interested one iota. Send someone out ..no, offer a helpful solution..no. Offer to replace it...no..keep your money..yes. There's only one word to describe their behaviour..don't like it? So sue me, and then the public can see for themselves what a rubbish product your peddling.

“new lawn”

written by Gabrielle271 on 20/06/2014

rolawn medalilion was recommended to me as a good turf I purchased 25 sq m at a cost of 133 pound what a load of rubbish got in touch with rolawn only to be fob of PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM ROLAWN THERE NOT INTERESESED CUSTOMER SERVICE IS rubbish you can buy better else where plus its cheaper

“Dont do what I did, go near, go far, but don't go Rolawn!”

written by Diya161 on 23/05/2014

I purchased 90sqm of medallion turf from rolawn, online, and it was delivered with no problems and on time. I laid the lawn in late august/early september 2013 when the weather was good. Watered it, pampered it, did everything but sing to it! Come March 2014 and its the biggest piece of farm land I have seen! Ive got large areas of AMG (annual meadow grass)! A garden lovers worst nightmare! I scarified it in spring and half of my "grass" has disappeared as AMG does not like scarification. I have got so many bare patches its disgusting. I have no gardens in my area (neighbouring) so I know it has not just blown in! Also, I know its from the lawn company as I noticed it growing in my garden after the first cut last year, but didn't know any better at the time. Good luck! hope this helps!

“Been ripped off by a company I thought were the best”

written by gravyonmychin1961 on 13/06/2013

I had 75 yards of Rolawn Medallion because its supposed to be the best general purpose lawn. I pampered it, fed it scarified it, treated it better than the wife. Its been down just around a year and its ATTROCIOUS. I sent pictures of it to them to be told its AMG (Annual Meadow Grass) Wind blown and deposited by the birds.Not rye grass, a percentage I can live with for hard wearing properties, this is AMG. Its absolutley riddled with it, every other foot in every direction has a foot round patch of it. Now heres the best part..its not on my neighbours grass, either side, or on my friends down the road or even in the grass verges we all have its just on my lawn on the whole road. This came with the grass and basically , its difficult to get rid of. Rolawn dont wish to know now, they've had my 300 odd quid and its two fingers up. So all you out there who are thinking of using Rolawn...they will promise the a quality product, and provide you with turf riddled with seeds that will lie dormant for a year. But then again perhaps the wind will simply blow on your house and when the birds want to poop they will all save it for your lawn. They are not to be trusted.

Caroletruby's Response to gravyonmychin1961's Review

Written on: 24/06/2013

Having exactly the same problem (plus mushrooms as well) - I am so disappointed with it - perhaps I will write to watchdog.

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling”

written by Dawkinsrocks on 12/06/2013

The Rolawn supllier put two different types of turf in my garden first time and after months of complaining they re-laid the lawn. It is awful. Different seed and grain growing in different ways. Very lumpy. I have to have it done again by professionals this time\ One of the worst purchases of my life

“Not even Rolawn!”

written by on 30/05/2013

Having purchased Rolawn medallion turf, Rolawn top lawn dressing and landscaping services from one of Rolawn's authorised distributors I was expecting a professional service and end product. The landscaping company were rubbish and didn't even use Rolawn products leaving a trail of damage and mess. When I complained to Rolawn they told me to send a detailed complaint taking hours to prepare. Upon receipt Rolawn denied any responsibility and referred me back to the authorised distributor. I won't be using these products again. 4 months following the work, my lawn looks terrible. I'm now having to restart the entire process.

“Poor Lawn Topdressing and Customer Service”

written by Thelawnranger on 24/05/2013

Ordering and delivery process was well communicated and satisfactory, however product was worse than sub-standard especially since they charge premium prices. I ordered it because of a 10% discount offer, but never again. Topdressing was very wet, making it clumpy and hard to spread. Then I found bits of GLASS!!, CHINA!!, shrub roots, weeds and stones (the Topdressing I received from another supplier, a couple of years ago was free of any such material). When the Topdressing dried out and I tried to spread it between the grass blades, tonnes of stones were left on the surface which took hours to lift off. I used less than half the bulk bag as I became very concerned about the damage it might cause, let alone the risk for children playing on it. I explained all this to Rolawn customer services over the phone but found their response rather underwhelming and they asked me to provide photos in an email. They took three days to respond then offered me a refund or replacement but absolutely no acknowledgement or willingness to recompense me for the inconvenience, additional work and risk to lawn users which this product caused. Initially I requested a replacement bulk bag but opted for a refund instead after I heard nothing for 5 days (When I phoned them they told me they could not replace the bag until 4 more days).

“Rubbish, not impressed. ”

written by Paddington10 on 12/05/2013

I ordered 36 m2 of Rolawn Medallion turf and what I received was not what I would call a quality turf. It looked no better than my old lawn that I dug up a few months ago. The rolls had tears in them, at least 3 had holes in them and the thickness of the rolls were not consistent. I thought Rolawn were supposed to provide luxury turf. What a load of rubbish.

“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

written by on 26/04/2013

Not sure which product to use, I emailed Rolawn Customer Service and within a couple of hours received a telephone call to explain to me just what I should be using for my garden. I couldn't have asked for better service than that.

“Absolutely awful and outright liars”

written by on 15/08/2012

I have never dealt with such an an unprofessional and rude company in my life. Despite ordering twice previously, they show no loyalty, lack any customer skills and their staff make up lies in their notes. I had ordered our 3rd lot of Playbark, however, the night before delivery, there were emergency water works and roads were being dug up the next day and I was not even able to park near my home. I contacted them via their website to postpone the delivery. However, when I spoke to them on the morning of the delivery, I was met with rudeness, ignorance and incompetance. At the end of a battle to explain to them the issues which were beyond my control they eventually agreed to call the driver and cancel the delivery and was advised a refund would be issued. However, 6 working days on and I have heard nothing back from them, so rang them and was greeted with yet another foul mouthed women who advised that according to notes put onto the system, the driver attempted to deliver and I outright refused delivery! I did NOT refuse delivery at all. Infact because I had to cancel with the gardener too (as he had no bark to lay) he charged me £100 for cancelling on him so I was already £100 down. I was advised by them that I would be charged a cancellation charge of £9+VAT, however, I have disputed this and now awaiting for their only Manager to call me back and was advised it could take up to 5 working days for a call back! My advice? Stay away from Rolawn and also Wickes (as they use Rolawn too) and find a more respectable supplier of bark.

Rolawn's Comment

Written on: 23/08/2012

Rolawn would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, without which we would not be able to improve our service.

We are sorry that our communication, both internally and externally did not deal effectively with the issues surrounding your order. With incoming email queries we do state on our website that a response will be received within a maximum of 5 workings day, but we do prioritise issues concerning existing orders and usually respond within a matter of hours.

Rolawn are proud to sell premium products which meet our customer expectations the vast majority of the time. Similarly we run a delivery service that has to meet customer expectations and, whilst we may not get things right 100% of the time, in the vast majority of cases customers report a more than satisfactory buying experience.

We are happy to hear that your order was successfully redelivered to you on Tuesday and trust the matter is now resolved to your satisfaction. If we can provide any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0845 604 6085.

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent and prompt service, thank you. ”

written by PhiBar on 08/08/2012

I ordered some turf online through rolawn and could not fault their service. After ordering, the day after I needed to change my delivery date. The staff were helpful, courteous and I received a call back confirming that this had been changed for the date I requested. The turf arrived before lunchtime (no time specified by myself) on the day requested with no problems. I will be recommending them to friends / family.

“Disgraceful Service”

written by on 07/06/2012

Paid for am delivery, rang after 12, told been delays with courier and would arrive at 2pm. Asked courier what problem was and told me he had no problems, Rolawn did not even contact him. Told him about am delivery and he told me mine was always the second to last drop and was never ever going to be an am delivery. Had a pallet stacked on top which damaged top 10 rolls, brill. Whilst grass is ok in appearance.(time will tell) its not what you see on the website. Edges were rough and not consitent thickness. I took pictures as it had stones in the turves, some quite sizable to the point when pulled out the whole left was nearly through. If I wanted a pack of lies I can get that from my children, I dont expect to be insulted by some bulls**t lies about delivery problems. This will go further.

“The Customer Services was most unhelpful , the member...”

written by on 07/08/2010

The Customer Services was most unhelpful , the member of staff I spoke to had a 'no can do' attitude I cancelled my order, which had been missed off that days delivery, & re-ordered with MJ Giddings saving myself £70 (for the same item & quantity) in the process!!