Everest Windows Reviews - www.everest.co.uk

Everest Windows - www.everest.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Everest Windows - www.everest.co.uk

Everest Windows - www.everest.co.uk

“Excellent product and service”

Written on: 08/09/2022 by Cory365 (1 review written)

I purchased new windows and a front door for my property and the quality of the product and service was amazing. I would highly revommend them and they are far better than their competitors who I have had installs from in the past.

“Beautiful windows ”

Written on: 12/08/2022 by MarcGibbons (1 review written)

My new windows are perfect for appearance and ventilation.It was an outstanding experience from start to finish. Many thanks to the knowledgeable, helpful and considerate team.

“Make sure your check and double check everything”

Written on: 11/07/2022 by Ellez372 (1 review written)

After paying this company approx £20,000 for new doors and windows I discovered I was 3 restrictors short. As I did this in two separate sessions I ,am aged to get 2 of the 3 restrictors fitted but was told they would only fit the last o r if I was prepared to pay for it. Apparently what I covered with the sales rep didn’t count for anything it was up to the surveyor. I now feel that I was just the payee with no say in my windows and was given what the surveyor thought which was not what I wanted. In my opinion save your money and go elsewhere

“AVOID AVOID AVOID ”

Written on: 09/06/2022 by ycWelsh81 (1 review written)

Avoid this compnay like the plague! Awful customer service, installers were rude, one of them peed on the outside of my house even though we had a working toilet (they were even installing the window in the toilet room??!), laughed at me and turned up late every single day (took more days than needed as they were only working half days due to turning up so late). When installed there were cracks and chips in the windows, there were draughts coming through the windows and doors, the windows didn’t shut correctly so we had the heating on full throughout winter for months until it was finally fixed! All they offered was £300 off the £10,000 bill. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I wish I researched more into the reviews seeing so many bad ones after using them! Caused so much unneeded stress and anxiety. Disgusting.

“After sale's service is appalling. ”

Written on: 27/05/2022 by Colinbeddows (1 review written)

After sales service is appalling, we have had several appointments cancelled on the day they were due to arrive. When we got back in touch we were told that somebody would call back but never did. We had windows fitted in January and was left with gapping gaps around the frame that you could see outside. We finally got someone round to seal them up in April. The scaffolding used was left on our front garden from January to the April, nobody collected it. We are now at the end of May and still awaiting the window boards to be fitted. We used Everest based on the past history as being the best you could get. I would not recommend them to anyone. Once they got the final payment on the day of fitting we have had to fight really hard to get the problems resolved. Don't use them if you want hassle free replacement windows.

“Terrible experience terrible company ”

Written on: 12/05/2022 by RobertDrew (1 review written)

Myself and my wife had a cold caller well have never wanted someone out of the house he had his mobile on table so his boss could hear. Finally after 4 hours he left with no sale. Anyone who goes ahead with this a terrible company is diluded.

“Refusing to honour 10 year warranty”

Written on: 18/04/2022 by NickClohessy (1 review written)

Everest "went out of business" during lockdown. Now they are back. However, by claiming to be a new business they are refusing to honour the 10 year warranties for ANYTHING they sold and installed before lockdown. So my pensioner mother has been forced to pay herself to replace the roof in her conservatory after it developed multiple leaks. This conservatory was less than 5 years old and still well within the 10 year warranty. But the "new" Everest claim they don't have to honour it since it was the "old" Everest who sold and installed the conservatory. Absolute disgrace.

“Third Faulure”

Written on: 16/04/2022 by vhPotter300 (1 review written)

Everest has some real problems It was probably a good company at one time which is why I chose them to install secondary windows in my flat. My experience has been negative. Although the livingroom windows were fitted correctly the Bedroom windows are still waiting to be installed properly. Bedroom secondary windows were to be installed January 2022 It is now April 2022 and after THREE attempts to fit them correctly, , I now understand from the Third attempt that the frame is off centre and it will have to be removed and replaced again before fitting the secondary windows for a FOURTH attempt. I would have preferred to have given Everest a better review. The fitters that have come to my flat have been honest and sympathetic but unfortunately it is the end result that counts

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 08/04/2022

£17,000 windows - measured incorrectly by Everest surveyor, requiring complete remake and refit of two windows, still not watertight or wind tight, other windows badly fitted no end of problems and "remedial" visits which did not provide a remedy.

“Waiting a year for installation.”

Written on: 19/03/2022 by Johnstoncm30 (1 review written)

If you want to wait a year for your Windows then by all means get Everest2020. We paid a deposit in April 2021 and as of today, March 2022, we have just had them ring us at 7.10am to cancel our installation that was due today for the third time. I will be seeking legal advice on Monday with a view to getting my money back.

“Replacement of two bedroom windows.”

Written on: 25/11/2021 by Myrachay21 (1 review written)

Very happy with the installer,work seems to have been done to a high standard.only complaint would be the difficulty in using the handles to open and close the windows,very stiff.

“The conduct of this company is atrocious. They take...”

Written on: 18/11/2021

The conduct of this company is atrocious. They take advantage of vulnerable elderly people by selling them complete replacement window frames and glass when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the existing windows. They say things like the gas has leaked, or there has been a lack of maintenance so you need new ones. If the glazing was faulty all you need is new glazing not complete frames too. The only maintenance of windows is to clean them and oil the mechanism. You don't need replacement windows when they can be cleaned and oiled.

“Very impressed ”

Written on: 18/11/2021 by AlexinScotland (1 review written)

My house had double glazing with beading on the outside which meant the windows were old and not secure. When the salesman came to the door one day I invited him in; keen to learn how much new windows and doors would cost and whether I could afford them. Long story short, I signed up for: 5 windows 2 external doors 1 internal door 2 patio doors Facia cladding surrounding front door and both front windows. I paid a 20% deposit to book the order. Upon survey to confirm / change as might be required the sizes, I paid a further 40% deposit for the factory to start my bespoke production. Due to problems spotted in production, my fittings were achieved over 3 visits. I was impressed by how skilled, knowledgeable and focussed the fitters were. During the cladding fit they spotted a problem, notified the office and new parts were ordered together with a reduction in cost. Over the course of the 3 visits everything was completed, I paid the balance due less the “fitters” discount and am now the proud owner of a house that is properly secure, fraught free and looks stunning. In my dealings with all staff from the original sale through Head Offices in Herts and locally in Glasgow and Inverness I could not have had a better customer experience. I recommend Everest 2020 Ltd.

“My lovely french windows”

Written on: 14/10/2021 by Kalit231 (1 review written)

The surveyor and the fitters where absolutely spot on, real professionals and so friendly. Everyone was Covid Careful which was very reassuring. Everything happened on time regarding the measuring and fixing. When I tried to find out about the £500 cheque which was due after my last payment was made, I was left on hold for over half an hour. I had the feeling that if I hadn’t asked about the cheque that it wouldn’t have come, as it wasn’t mentioned in any of the forms I was sent. I was surprised that the rep didn’t speak to me when he came to the house to check that things were ok with the fitting. I don’t like the way reps always tell you a high price, then act as though they’re giving you a deal when they tell you the real price which is thousands of pounds cheaper. I love my new windows.

“Dreadful”

Written on: 11/10/2021 by 288Burke (1 review written)

First used Everest in the mid seventies. I have used them several times since but after the last time absolutely never again. Hugely overpriced for as shoddy a service as any I have known. A one day job took five. The first breath of wind and the curtains were moving in it. It took five months and repeated failures to turn up for appointments to resolve the draught. Faulty installation and bad workmanship with the customer service so bad I actually got an apology. Compensation was derisory and when I went to pay I was charged the full amount without the compensation. Needless to say i declined to pay and was threatened with debt collectors.

“Ridiculous Price, salesman wouldn't leave”

Written on: 10/08/2021 by aheyes42 (1 review written)

We requested a quote from Everest to replace all of our doors and windows in Aug 2021. Their representative attended on a weeknight evening and we advised at the beginning that we weren't going to make a decision that day and explained that we'd had a bad experience with another double glazing provider in our previous property due to pushy sales tactics. The representative advised that they don't do this and would just provide the best price they can. What followed over almost 4 hours was the most drawn out process of measuring windows and providing technical demonstrations of windows and doors far beyond what we cared to see. This was finally followed by a quotation for a quite ridiculous £38,000 for the work. We stated clearly this was far too expensive and at this point in the evening we simple wanted him to leave but instead he became somewhat belligerent and refused to take polite requests to leave (by now the time was past 10.30pm) and only finally left when we carried his items to the front door. Everest, your sales tactics are poor. We'll be using a local firm we've used before who Everest were 3.5 times more expensive than. It's also worth noting that this alternative firm measured, discussed options and left in a little over an hour, not the 4 hour time wasting Everest employed. As it stands your sales approach has clearly backfired here. Your representative has wasted 4 hours of his time. We will NEVER purchase from Everest windows and never allow one of your representatives in our property again. Change your sales tactics, your product might be good, but how you sell them is disgusting.

“Poor quality”

Written on: 01/06/2021 by Stevert (1 review written)

Had triple glazing fitted two years ago. Two windows have condensation problems but I dont’t have a lifetime quarantine anymore. If Everest2020 are still using the same products then they must still be rubbish. May be they will go into liquidation again to avoid the cost of replacing their faulty windows.

“Windows have cracked.... Again! ”

Written on: 14/03/2021 by Cg82 (1 review written)

I had the whole house fitting with Everest triple glazing. 2 years later I have now suffered 2 of the windows spontaneously shattering. Of course they have gone bust so their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. So I am forced to go through the section 75 claims process.... Again. Avoid!

“Worse company EVER!!!!”

Written on: 27/12/2020 by Vern911 (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking workmanship. Gaps you could drive a bus through. Draughts like a gale. I have all the videos and pictures to prove it easATgunbase . I went through warranty process and 4 visits later a slight improvement. Tried to use warranty again and they say they went out business as everest windows. So my lifetime warranty is useless. A couple of months later they open up as everest 2020. Look at companies house and you will see they have been doing this for years. Screwing over the customer when times get tough. Today I fixed the balcony door took off the trims and I could see daylight over the frame. They chop up your bricks to make it fit then fill with foam then put trims over. Stopping no sound from the environment or heat escaping. Why because that takes 5mins where as they should plaster back. Absolutely shocking will never use Everest again EVER and hope to spread the gospel of Everest quality (NOT) far and wide. Shockingly bad installation. 11windows 1 door. I installer 1 sweeper up. 3 days. Recipe for a terrible installation and it was! Your the best as ripping people off. PEOPLE WAKE UP Everest are terrible theres way better out there. Standard answer below (note the warranty process they are palming you off to will cost you £100 per claim and is ardus and the company will deny your claim)

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Written on: 03/10/2020 by debbyjsmith (2 reviews written)

I ordered 4 windows from Everest in Feb 2019, not cheap but thought they would be 'The Best'. I have a listed building and was assured by the salesmen that they would be 'like for like' and the exsisting windows would be removed whole (An important requirement of placing the order)? When the windows arrived to be installed, they were cheap looking plastic and absolutely nothing like the victorian windows they were to replace! Added to the poor quality of the windows, the installers laughed at the fact I had been told that the original windows could be removed whole and confirmed the truth that they would have to be cut out in many pieces!! I refused the installation. After many months of not hearing from them, two managers came to my home and agreed that the windows were not 'like for like', that they never should have quoted for them as I was a listed building (illigal to fit and thier liability), that they were unable to supply the appropriate windows and would refund my deposit! Depite continual painful liasion with them and their promises of refunding my £800 deposit right up to March 2020 when they assured me they had sent the £800 cheque out,they closed thier doors due to Covid and went bust in June 2020!! Even though I was sent confirmation that my deposit had migrated to the 'new company Everest 2020', they now refuse to refund it saying I will have to make a claim against the administrator. EVEREST ARE NOT THE BEST!! Everest went bust in June 2020, taking all customers deposits with them, ceased honouring any gaurantees and any responsibility of repairing or replacing any faulty installations. Amazingly they were able to set up the 'NEW' Everest 2020 the same day (same CEO) taking only previous new business but losing all their debt and liability to their customers. I had been waiting for them to refund my deposit since April 2019! I have now lost this!? BE WARNED - This is not the first time they have gone bust and it won't be the last.