Epson Stylus C60 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Epson Stylus C60 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Stylus C60

Epson Stylus C60

“I don't know if its me or just cheap replacement ink...”

Written on: 25/03/2008

I don't know if its me or just cheap replacement ink cartridges but I have had endless problems with this printer. At the end of the day I think this printer has been the worst in my experience for cheap colour ink jet printers for this buyer. Works ok at first with proprietary ink cartridges but when replacements cost 50-75% if the price of the hardware questions must be asked. Please just give me a reliable black ink letter printer… Read Full Review

“Nothing good for me to say apart from cheap...”

Written on: 21/02/2008

Nothing good for me to say apart from cheap compatible cartridge availability.
A waste of money in my opinion, buy something better that will last longer and not need so much maintenance or repairs!… Read Full Review

“Excellent value for money. Doubt if you could buy one...”

Written on: 21/01/2007 by rupertbear007 (1 review written)

Excellent value for money. Doubt if you could buy one new now though. If you can pick up a second hand one cheap it will make an excellent starter machine… Read Full Review

“Please save your money and just copy your documents...”

Written on: 31/03/2004 by shafferlc (1 review written)

Please save your money and just copy your documents from your computer screen by hand. That's what I do now that I own an Epson Stylus C60 Inkjet Printer.

I have to lean the paper up against a wall or hold it by hand to get it to go through. Even so, too many sheets or too few sheets can cause jams. I consider myself lucky if it feeds two or three sheets through at a time but at least prints on the top one. Often times difficulties with paper feed lead to smeared documents for up to six… Read Full Review

“This is the fourth Epson Stylus C60 I have had in 18...”

Written on: 13/01/2004 by John Buckle (1 review written)

This is the fourth Epson Stylus C60 I have had in 18 months - on each occasion Epson had to replace the printer free of charge because of mechanical faults. The courier who delivers the replacements says that a lot of his deliveries are replacement Epson printers - this says a lot for Epson quality! In fact I did not even buy this printer - it was supplied as an upgrade by Epson because the Stylus 680 I bought had itself broken down and been replaced four times in a year - just in normal home… Read Full Review

“The printer works OK, but if the printer won't work if...”

Written on: 19/10/2003 by augi (1 review written)

The printer works OK, but if the printer won't work if one cartridge is empty, I'll replace the printer with something else. At $50 for Epson cartridges and if you don't use Epson they say your warrantee is void. I have had this printer for just one year now. I guess Ill give another manufacturer a try now. Can't be worse?… Read Full Review

“Based on my experience with the Epson Stylus c60...”

Written on: 19/06/2002 by Eduardo. (1 review written)

Based on my experience with the Epson Stylus c60 inkjet printer, I will never buy another epson product. I have learned my lesson, Never buy a cheap Epson printer. You will get what you paid for!!… Read Full Review

43415_Mike.'s Response to 28500_Eduardo.'s Review

Written on: 13/10/2002

I agree with this review. I also bought a C60 and found that I had been conned by Epson. I also will never buy Epson again.

Read 1 Comment

“If I had known about the Chip on the Epson Stylus C60...”

Written on: 16/06/2002 by Dixon. (1 review written)

If I had known about the Chip on the Epson Stylus C60 ink cartridge I would never have bought this inkjet printer. What a rip off! Epson should be ashamed of this scam. I will never by another epson product again… Read Full Review

69736_Paul.'s Response to 28088_Dixon.'s Review

Written on: 02/02/2003

I agree, support is awful too, the c60 is very noisy, clunky, it is possible to get around those chips easily, print quality is very good, however colour matching has been a problem for me as have paper feed jamming ! Pulls in all paper and jams ! Same fault on earlier model too, you can fill with your own ink but thats about the only saving grace, i wont buy epson again !
thanks for reading this , paul.

101961_Al.'s Response to 28088_Dixon.'s Review

Written on: 28/05/2003

I agree with the comment about the chip, having bought a C60 myself. Never had any problems with it. The print quality is good. In England Epson are charging £27.99 for a black ink cartridge.
<br> If I bought a Ford and could only buy tyres for that car at Ford I think the goverment would do something about it. This is no different. I seriously thinking about ditching my printer when the ink runs out and buying an HP with almost half the running costs as far as the ink is concerned. In a year I would more than make up for the extra cost. Epson are going to loose a lot of family business in the UK.
<br>

70466_Kahuna.'s Response to 28088_Dixon.'s Review

Written on: 04/02/2003

I recently found Island inkjet who will fill chipped cartridges for this model for 13.95 Ca.

Read 3 Comments

“Never had an inkjetprinter before (except an Apple...”

Written on: 22/02/2002 by Ger Nijkamp. (1 review written)

Never had an inkjetprinter before (except an Apple Color StyleWriter 1500; but that doesn't count as a 'real' printer for me). Setting up this Epson Stylus C60 inkjet printer is easy and it works right away without any problems right out the box (on my Apple PowerBook with OS 9.2.2 and OS X 10.1.3).

Straight b&w printing of letters an A4 is fast; photo's are lasting a bit long but the quality is great compared to it's price. On the other hand; the cartridges are way too expensive. Epson should do… Read Full Review

“Well a little on me, i have repaired printers for...”

Written on: 09/02/2002 by leso. (1 review written)

Well a little on me, i have repaired printers for about 5 years and have sold computers and printers and this printer is good value for its dollar.
The C60 is a compact, easy to use printer. One thing with epson - the colour managment is great and works well.
This printer prints high quality prints from a digital camera and the photo selection settings in the advance settings is what you need to know but only once.
With all printers you need to do some test prints to see your best… Read Full Review

170316_Sp410001's Response to 12303_leso.'s Review

Written on: 15/09/2004

I have to disagree with this review. My experience has been an unhappy one. The Epson C60 is cheap to buy and expensive to maintain. It is noisy and seems to clatter around for ages doing goodness-knows-what before being ready to accept a print job. The ink cartridges don't last that very long (not compared with our previous HP black ink printer). The final straw came when it refused to play ball when I connected it through a port replicator to my new laptop. I have read many reviews on the net about printers and I have plumped to ditch the Epson in favour of a Canon i560. I recommend you do same. You can buy an equivalent Canon like the i350 for the same price and it is better built with far lower running costs. You read many positive things about Canon products, including customer support, build quality and prices for consumables. Can't say the same for Epson. Must be something in that. No smoke without fire, as they say.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this Epson Stylus C60 inkjet printer to...”

Written on: 12/12/2001 by Gareth. (1 review written)

I bought this Epson Stylus C60 inkjet printer to replace a 4yr old Canon BJC4300 - but so far on plain paper at res up to 720dpi the Canon is far better!
O.k., the C60 will give me 2880dpi on quality paper - but on plain paper the Canon gives sharper text & more realistic photo colour. What a disappointment!… Read Full Review

114624_Keef.'s Response to 7223_Gareth.'s Review

Written on: 10/07/2003

Very Useful - I was considering purchasing this printer but didn't realise that you are "locked in" to buying only replacement Epson cartridges at such a high purchase price.
<br>