Handtec Reviews - www.handtec.co.uk

Handtec - www.handtec.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Handtec - www.handtec.co.uk

Handtec - www.handtec.co.uk

“DO NOT RECYCLE”

Written on: 05/12/2022 by Rayperry4 (1 review written)

Sent BLACK iphone XR for recycling at agreed price of £160, 12 days later informed phone is damaged and offer is now £95, requested return and received WHITE iphone XR which doesn't turn on. Informed customer service Nd told not our problem

“Do not buy a refurbished iPhone from this company!”

Written on: 24/10/2022 by Alex.Semple (2 reviews written)

I purchased a refurbished iPhone XS from this company late December 2021. It has been returned for repair 3 times in 9 months due to battery failure as they use non Apple parts. On the second failure the battery expanded and pushed the screen away from the unit, this can't be safe? I have asked for a refund but they just keep replacing the cheap battery and returning it. I will never use this company again! **UPDATE** Handtec have read my review and are now trying to get me to remove it by offering me a partial refund. A partial refund for a phone that was never fit for purpose! I am now taking legal action against them!

“Avoid this company”

Written on: 11/10/2022 by Alex.Semple (2 reviews written)

“Totally a sham company. AVOID THIS COMPANY! I sent my...”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by Fry209 (1 review written)

Totally a sham company. AVOID THIS COMPANY! I sent my Samsung phone to them as they said if it was in good condition and working they would pay £107 (my phone was in A1 condition with No marks or scratches.) Once Handtec received my phone they revised their offer to £61 saying it had dents and scratches. (Total RUBBISH) Once I replied and said please return it. They then said “Oh, we have now sent it to another engineer and would like to offer you £81”! REALLY?? At this point I just wanted my phone returned as it was clear they are shamming people. Eventually I got my phone returned and sure enough it is spotless and in A1 condition! AVOID THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!!

“They sent me the wrong Phone!”

Written on: 05/09/2022 by AndyRignall (1 review written)

I had a pretty awful experience with Handtec. I ordered a phone, they sent me the wrong phone! I was told if I sent it back I would receive the correct phone. They offered me £25 discount for all the hassle. Once they received the wrong phone, they told me that the original was no longer in stock. I received a refund, but was told that I would no longer receive the £25. Complete amateurs in my opinion!

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! ”

Written on: 10/06/2022 by Sophie.90 (1 review written)

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They will NEVER pay you the price they offer. My phone was in pristine condition…not even a scratch. So, I selected it was in good condition and got the offer £233. I sent it off then I receive an email saying the engineers had looked at it and there was a dent on the frame and scratches on the screen and they were reducing my offer to £160. I could not believe this and began to wish I’d just used a reputable company that I’d used in the past like Mazuma. Handtec were offering a slightly higher price and now I know why. I am an honest person just trying to recycle my phone and I have never felt more upset at being duped by them. Please, please, please DO NOT use them. I don’t want anyone else to have this experience because it makes you feel, quite honestly, like you’ve been tricked. It’s not so much about the money, it’s the dishonesty and immoral integrity that has really got me. Never again will I use an unknown company. I’ll stick to what I know.

“If you think you're selling your phone through Handtec”

Written on: 12/01/2022 by JamieR7005 (1 review written)

If you think you're selling your phone through Handtec please read first Received the following after sending a phone that's had a Protective cage and screen protector since purchase... Please see our report from our engineers. Engineer Report Notes: Other: light scratches on the screen scratches on the frame marks on the rear camera They also had my Phone for 3 days before I received any payment and taking £100 off the total Avoid at all costs.

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 01/11/2021 by sallanneand (1 review written)

I wish I had read the reviews about selling your phone to this Company they are not genuine they will offer you much Less for your phone and tell you there is all sorts wrong with it. Just save yourself a lot of hassle and use a better company to recycle your old phone.

“Please avoid this company ”

Written on: 25/03/2021 by 342Jones (1 review written)

Same as everyone Else here I sent my iPhone in in its original box with proof of the original state in which it was sent was offered less than half the price advertised with no explanation when asking for my phone to be returned it has been returned with scuff marks on the screen that were not there when I sent the phone off and they have kept the original box presumably to resell another dodgy phone in. CustomerService is horrific pretend not to understand English so they don’t have to help you with what you’re asking you don’t get responses to your emails please avoid.

Chanticlere123's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2021

This company is based in Peterborough in the UK and I have spoken to them numerous times on the phone and never had the kind of 'pretend not to understand English,' experience this reviewer claims he had. Is he talking about a different company perhaps not based in the UK?.

Bought a refurbished i phone for my grandson which is in excellent condition and was delivered next day as promised.

Read 1 Comment

“Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!”

Written on: 05/11/2020 by Coylevb439 (1 review written)

Offered me 50% of the original value when they received the phone. Good quality phone, no real imperfections when sent but guess what... they 'found' some. Be warned people, sell your old device elsewhere, not worth the hassle!

“...”

Written on: 31/08/2020 by 379Alvarez (1 review written)

☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️. TELEPHONE TRADING STANDARDS,PUT ON EVERYMEDIA PLATFORM. Gave me good ecstimate,once received phone reduced it by260 then send threatening email telling me if I report phone stolen I be taken to court,worse than money lenders wish government would investigate, .

“TERRIBLE COMPANY THIEFS ”

Written on: 22/06/2020 by KazThom99 (1 review written)

I sold two iPhones and they denied getting both despite evidence, post office tracking in two separate parcels. They are a terrible company. I wish I had never sent them to this company. They were my sons and now I am struggling to get their money. Awful. Avoid at all cost.

“NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED!!”

Written on: 22/05/2020 by ReeceSantiago278 (1 review written)

I posted my immaculate Apple iPhone 11 ProMax 256GB to them in March (the trade-in value was £700+). I'd had the device 7 months and it was completely unlocked. After waiting for a few days, I had received an email from them with a revised offer of £100. This was apparently because it was not unlocked, and I'd had the device less than 6 months on contract from my network provider. The email received is also aggressive, which states they will pay you the revised offer and some waffle about a debt collection agency. I've worked in mobile phones since 2006, and know my stuff. I rang the customer services department to request my handset back to be told I'll be charged £30 for the privilege (I also spent £15 with Royal Mail Special Delivery to send it to them as well). I requested my phone worth £1200 brand new back off them, and once I received it back (luckily) traded it in with another company (getting my full amount and a better customer experience). After weeks I thought come back here to warn people not to sell to this company. Thanks for nothing and you're welcome Handtec :)

“Untrustworthy ”

Written on: 10/05/2020 by tinalorraineoakley (1 review written)

I sent them my phone & received back a used pregnancy test. They denied they received it. Royal Mail proved that they had received it.

“beware handtec conners”

Written on: 03/05/2020 by 162House (1 review written)

They have told me my phone was owed money to mobile firm and they have ofered me 90% less money, it's a joke or they wanted £30 to return the phone back to me. I had no option paid £30 to get my phone back and phone came back with a scratch on the screen. I was gutted. They wanted to get the phone for free... Don't use them at all. Check the reviews on io. Reviews or britain reviews most ppl have had similar problems.

“Handtec are con-artists. ”

Written on: 16/04/2020 by Dom095 (1 review written)

Handtec offered me £407 for my iPhone XS 256 Silver. I received an email from them stating they the £402 was a guaranteed. Despite the price being £5 less than what was originally offered I accepted and sent my phone in the post. My phone arrived at their address and it took them over a week to respond to my messages asking for updates. Subsequently I was offered £370 instead of the ''guaranteed'' £402 with no reasoning why. I felt as if I was backed into a corner as they had my phone, and felt as if I refused they would either not send it back, or send it back damaged. Because of their previous actions I felt as If I had no choice other than to accept the £370. £32 less than what was ''guaranteed''. Of course I asked them for the remainder of £37 which was owed to me... the price which was advertised to me in the first place and the only reason why I decided to sell my phone to them - it was the highest price out of all the buyers. Their response was that they have already paid me. My advise to anyone considering selling their phone to Handtec is to simply not do it. They conduct unethical business practices and take advantage of the fact they are in possession of personal property, which induces duress. If ever selling your phone - sell to Music Magpie. I wish I did. STAY AWAY FROM HANDTEC.

“Failed to Honor Warranty on Faulty Phone”

Written on: 27/02/2020 by Malloy1973 (1 review written)

They sent a faulty phone and when it was returned to them and they claimed that the fault was due to misuse. The phone was faulty when it was delivered by Handtec. Handtec have refused to repair, replace or refund the order. Buyer beware! Do not trust their TrustPilot reviews, they're fake

“Do not sell your phone to them!”

Written on: 24/09/2019 by York474 (1 review written)

Like mentioned in other reviews, Handtec will seem to offer the best price to buy your phone. Once they receive it, they dramatically reduce the price based on battery and light scratching, despite when originally filling out their form them they only ask if their is bad wear and tear. I’ve now asked for my phone back twice, and they are stalling, offering me slightly higher. Avoid them and go with a more reputable source. You just need to search for reviews and you will find many more stories like this, which I wish I had before sending them my phone.

“Bunch of criminals”

Written on: 15/08/2019 by MacKenziees215 (1 review written)

I'm guessing high review score for buying, not selling to the company. AVOID selling your phone to these people. The draw you In with a good decent offer then give you a made up list of faults. Originally offered £170 but due to light scratching on the casing and image burn they vastly reduced offer down to £60 and say if don't accept within a certain time they'll just take that as acceptance and deposit the money into your account. The phone I sent was in extremely good condition for being over 2 years old and all their faults I know were false. AVOID them like the plague. If you think I'm being dramatic then research online their reviews for buying. Everyone is reviewing pretty much what I have.

“Sent them my iPhone 6splus which was unlocked and...”

Written on: 08/08/2019 by AngeJHow (1 review written)

Sent them my iPhone 6splus which was unlocked and spotless didn't have a mark on it and was in full working order. They told me they would pay £131, it states money in your bank same day, I had to chase them 4 days after they said they had received the phone, they replied and said we will give you £70, do not use this company. I have requested that they return my phone, but judging from other reviews it seems they purposely damage your phone before returning it! Please avoid